Do you think M0 class ships should be available in X3?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Should M0 class ships be available in X3?

Yes
75%
No
19%
Undecided
7%

Total votes: 59

theg3n
x3

Do you think M0 class ships should be available in X3?

Post by theg3n » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:01

Since the races are having an extremely hard time keeping the Khaak at bay, I figured it would be logical for them to build an even more powerful ship to deal with them, so I thought of the M0 class ship, which is the same class ship as the Khaak Mothership was in X2. My question to you is : Do you think the M0 class ship should be available in X3?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:04

Not to the player. The resources to build such a craft would be just too immense.

Maybe have one on the side of The Allies, built by them all. Kinda like the GTVA Collossus. But that would then be a plot element.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:07

As something you have to buy a construction platform and spend literally billions on resources to construct... And then you still need to outfit it with equipment...

Not as something you can buy off the rack...

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:09

No

If I can't buy planets or trade with them or.... I don't want to be able to blow them up. Pointless.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

theg3n
x3

Post by theg3n » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:09

Definitely, this would not be something that would be available in shipyards, everything would have to be made specially, it would have an extremely high price and would require a very large amount of resources to build.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:19

The_Abyss wrote: If I can't buy planets or trade with them or.... I don't want to be able to blow them up. Pointless.
(Although I admit it'll be better in the next one rather than this one...)

MO's are not warships... they're weapons of peace... hmm... weapons of mass peace... weapon of mass peace with production capabilities...

So it's a bit of a shipyard/weapon of mass peace, with a carrier capability thrown in... Oh and the station deployment capability... if only it could dock with the shipyard... but it dwarfs the docking rig...

Can I refer you to my "I have a Dream" post??? :wink:

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:22

silentWitness wrote:
The_Abyss wrote: If I can't buy planets or trade with them or.... I don't want to be able to blow them up. Pointless.

MO's are not warships... they're weapons of peace... hmm... weapons of mass peace... weapon of mass peace with production capabilities...

So it's a bit of a shipyard/weapon of mass peace, with a carrier capability thrown in... Oh and the station deployment capability... if only it could dock with the shipyard... but it dwarfs the docking rig...

I don't see any disagreeements in our comments. But until the player can have an influence in this process, an M0 is a complete waste of (development) time.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

theg3n
x3

Post by theg3n » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:23

silentWitness wrote:

Sure :D

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:25

So far, all M0's are planet killers. The Xenon and Khakk M0. I would doubt even the Split would make a uber weapon of mass destruction on that scale. I would expect a huge type of destroyer that could kick cluster ass. Nothing more.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:38

I think they should be in the game, but not available to the player.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:39

theg3n wrote:
silentWitness wrote: Can I refer you to my "I have a Dream" post??? :wink:
Sure :D
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74375

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 02:44

The_Abyss wrote:I don't see any disagreeements in our comments. But until the player can have an influence in this process, an M0 is a complete waste of (development) time.
I was making fun of the concept... for it to work it would require a massive increase in complexity... which isn't in X3... they're doing some great things granted but this sort of complexity isn't for this game...

Although I think one or two of the developers read my dream post... if only in passing...

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 12:34

It depends... if you were talking about an M0 Battleship, i.e. something better than a destoryer (M2) then yes.

If you are talknig about a gun platform for a really really big gun with few other capabilities... then yes. :P

Just because you cant blow up planets doesnt make the gun useless... for example, you could blow up stations... and ships instead :roll:

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 12:40

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:Just because you cant blow up planets doesnt make the gun useless... for example, you could blow up stations... and ships instead :roll:
Which of the five races is actually going to sell a "Planet Killer" weapon?
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 12:42

grumman wrote:
Tsar_of_Cows wrote:Just because you cant blow up planets doesnt make the gun useless... for example, you could blow up stations... and ships instead :roll:
Which of the five races is actually going to sell a "Planet Killer" weapon?
The Goners, naturally.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 12:59

esd wrote:
grumman wrote:Which of the five races is actually going to sell a "Planet Killer" weapon?
The Goners, naturally.
Sell?

Ah, young Brennan-sama. It's been a long time, and so good to see you! We have built an M0 class doomsday weapon, and since we knew your father we decided that you were the ideal person to whom to entrust its safety.

Go in peace, young Brennan-sama, and remember -
* hits Escape to leave cut-scene and hop into new ride.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 13:01

Yes, sell. The Goners don't give stuff away for free :wink:

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 13:04

Goner M0, can only dock goner ships and ufo's, can carry 10 125Mw shields but no weapons. Just to show Egosoft understand the meaning of irony.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 13:05

ceogreen wrote:Goner M0, can only dock goner ships and ufo's, can carry 10 125Mw shields but no weapons. Just to show Egosoft understand the meaning of irony.
You've never seen some of the Mad Goner's fleets then. They make The Empire's entire fleet look like a small formation.

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Mon, 20. Jun 05, 14:35

Nah, split would deffinitely sell one.

That mega gun along with a single 25 Mw shield :lol: and you have a typical split ship.

Othewise, heres my suggestion in Devnet about the apocalypse class M0 battleship/mothership.

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 282#959282

You need to register for Devnet for the link above.
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”