www.x2ol.com ??? online universe??? when oh when!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

www.x2ol.com ??? online universe??? when oh when!

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:13

I've been waiting for ages now for it to release, and now x3 is coming...
so i'm thinking have they forgot or something :?: :?

any info :?:

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:15

wait till 2010 for any news (conservative estimate here...)

then wait till 2015 for release

yawn too many topics like this now

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:20

• Bernd the man himself had a few words about this not long ago X Online Universe, by Bernd (Egosoft)
    Bernd wrote:Hi everybody,

I can assure you that Online-Universe as a concept is still our long term goal. It is a pitty that we did not yet find financial

resources to fund this game straight away, so we will have to stick with our "Plan B" and finance the development of Online-Universe through the X series.

You will notice that every game of the X series is a step towards OU. Some steps are smaller some bigger. X² - The Return also

introduces some concepts which are part of the "big picture" that OU will be. The best example is probably the connectability of

factories but there are others (just stay tuned ;)

The next step after X² - The Return will definitely bring us a whole lot closer to OU, because it will be another "almost from

scratch" development and it is not very surprising that the working title for it is currently "X3" ;)

The fact that the OU website was not updated in a long time is indeed because we have not much new to say about it "PR" wise. It

just doesn't make sense to talk about it at the moment. But internally there is always a lot of thinking going into this project.

Have a good new year everybody!

-Bernd
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:24

wat is it with you an dejavue?

it seems to follow you around lol!

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:26

Nividium wrote:wat is it with you an dejavue?

it seems to follow you around lol!
Book marked, :D , answers the much repeated question :wink:

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:29

nice

race ya to the next one if we're both on lol

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:33

Nividium wrote:nice

race ya to the next one if we're both on lol
Don't do the race thing, amazed some do :wink:

Still play a one or two hours on x2 most night nights and pop back here for a cup of tea and a fag, breaks :P in between tryng to get my Trade rank up to X-Treme :D but on saturdays I'll chase you around the forum, couch potato day :twisted:
Last edited by terrabyte on Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

TYBRO
x3

Post by TYBRO » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:35

A good idea for egosoft to make money for Online Universe, is to get a couple of developers and make a game of one guy shooting and blasting all the horrible creature that appears in a way, those game sell a lot :D

I don't know why :gruebel:

and with that money they can make the online play possible for good games like the x series :D

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:39

or they can release X3 mainstream like they are planning, resulting in larger sales in all 4 x games due to new fans finding the history of it all, and make a mint that way :wink:

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:40

TYBRO wrote:A good idea for egosoft to make money for Online Universe, is to get a couple of developers and make a game of one guy shooting and blasting all the horrible creature that appears in a way, those game sell a lot :D

I don't know why :gruebel:

and with that money they can make the online play possible for good games like the x series :D
Persistent servers for game play 24/7 eat money 24/7, and you need a lot of them. You have to have that sort of investment up front, with no guarantee of return, but yes most of us can't wait for the day, we hope will be possible one day.

TYBRO
x3

Post by TYBRO » Wed, 22. Jun 05, 23:47

[/quote]

Persistent servers for game play 24/7 eat money 24/7, and you need a lot of them. You have to have that sort of investment up front, with no guarantee of return, but yes most of us can't wait for the day, we hope will be possible one day.[/quote]

Is true well, right know I’m getting impatient with the release of x3, and with release of BF2 I can get some online joy, so I can wait for the X3

But the true is I’m single player by hart not an online one

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 23. Jun 05, 00:01

oh.... sigh.... never mind... I guess i'll just stick to the offline games for now.... or maybe the rest of my life...

now I feel like getting my fleet of 5 Titans and 2 Carriers to kill some :khaak:

thrangar
x4

Re: www.x2ol.com ??? online universe??? when oh when!

Post by thrangar » Thu, 23. Jun 05, 01:00

kane_wright wrote:I've been waiting for ages now for it to release, and now x3 is coming...
so i'm thinking have they forgot or something :?: :?

any info :?:

Ages! Wow you must be old...really dont think we will ever see it(IMO)

Cheers/Thrangar

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 23. Jun 05, 01:25

I realy do doubt that we will see X online within the next 4 years. Its a wild guess but it could happen after that. If X3 makes tons of money it could be sooner.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 23. Jun 05, 01:36

Even when it does show up, it will be part of the scourge of gameplaying kind.

Pay To Play. :shock:
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 23. Jun 05, 01:56

Wouldnt it be worth it? This is a strong community. Loads of money to Egosoft and then things get better and better. More servers, more technology. Better game, More people, more money. And so on. That is if it stays popular for ages.
Cost isnt worth worrying about right now. We have no idea how much it will cost.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 23. Jun 05, 02:12

OML wrote:Wouldnt it be worth it?
Frankly? No. I am against pay to play in principle and in practise.

That and X is a single player universe - I personally think online would spoil it.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”