Earth and beyond sucks - and some notes for x online

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

E and B oppinion?

Have not played it
72%
IT COMPLETLY SUCKS AT THE POWER THAT IS X!
24%
no
No votes
I have no idea what a good game is and i like it better than X
3%

Total votes: 29

wilhil

Earth and beyond sucks - and some notes for x online

Post by wilhil » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 01:42

Hi

I have been bored so i thought that I will play the demo of e and b, what do i have to loose, and I have got to say that the first 1 day is really good when you are exploring and finding new things, experimenting e.t.c. but over all on the second day i am so bored, There is no way I am goign to train 6 diffrent characters up just to play the game, the one thing i like about x, is you can do anything, you might all start out the same, but you make your own choices and you can go anywhere, on e and b, depending ony uor class you cant see half the galaxy! and there is no way i am paying for a game that I can not see half of!

this is a note for when x online comes out - please do not restrict half of the galaxy to one class! if you have diffrent classes, I imagine that on the online game you are not a human but you choose a race such as teladi e.t.c. but i just hope you can go anywhere!

and one very last thing I want to suggest for x online i do not think that they have started development, but if they have pelase include this, I am guessing that it will be pay per month, PLEASE CAN YOU INCLUDE A PAY PER HOUR TYPE THING, a game like E and B wich had been in development for ages, it is to late for them to add it, but it is not to late for x, There are people like me who am awway from a computer for ages, i am sometimes only on my computer once a week when i am working away from home, and I would not pay a months subscription if i can only play 4 days!

Thanks for listening and as usual in my posts i am tired so ignore if i repeat over and over again, i have tried to keep it as least boring as possible!

>wil<

thrangar
x4

E and B

Post by thrangar » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 03:22

Yes I played for a while,it was a leveling game,got old real fast.
I liked the ability to go acroos sector with out having to warp and exploring was pretty cool because each sector was different,and for what it was worth there were things the explorer was rewarded with for exploring( finding good roid fields and stuff like this.
I really apreciated the ability to get out your ship that was big plus,but they failed big time with trade aspect of the game it was static to put it mildly.It was also small in the since of sector count not enough sectors although I think they opened up more after I was gone.There were all the usuall bugs in an online but after playing EvE Id have to say E and B was a much smoother launch than Eve was...is.
I have often thought about doing a long post on both games so Ego could get some feed back from the public to use in the XOU online game,but I figure by now they know which way they are going to go.

However after playing both these online space sims ,which both used mouse control for flying. I have found that I do not enjoy these games primarily for this reason. I would probably play XOU for a few months just because(loyalty/ curiosity) but in the end if its a mouse only control interface I would quit.This always gave me the feeling I was playing a board game and not a space sim

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 04:34

E and B wasn't a complete fiasco, it had some good features.

As mentioned, the ability to get out of your ship was good. And exploring wasn't bad.

But overall it was a poorly developed game.

X-ou is some time away, and the team is completely focused on x2. It's too early to be asking about x-ou.

Also, you're vote system is biased- your system gives a negative, derogatory connotation to those who don't agree with your opinion, and a positive one to those who do. :!: Try to be as unbiased as possible if you want a vote system to be taken seriously

Jasperodus
x3

Post by Jasperodus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:34

X-ou is some time away, and the team is completely focused on x2. It's too early to be asking about x-ou.
As we're approaching the release of X2 the focus will be primarily on X2, in general however I think you're wrong to say it is too early to talk about XOU. I have garnered the impression that there is a considerable degree of parallelism in terms of the development of both.

Jasp
Arms, my only ornament; my only rest, the fight. ~ Don Quixote, Cervantes

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:41

Well X-OU is supposedly based on the X2 engine so it safe to say that the developement has started for it. Ok its a long way off but thats not important. Lets get X2 out and make it a hit, then we can worry about the next in the series.

Paying by the hour is something I dont think you will find happening. just think about trying to coordinate thousands of players who are playing the game. If they charged by the hour would you be upset if you started playing and then disconnected after 10 minutes and got charged for an hour? Probably but what else could they do.

To most people £10 a month is not a huge amount and if it lives up to expeectations then I'll be paying monthly but probably only playing a few hours (like 6-10 maximum) a week. you pays your money ....etc :D

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Shoelip
x3ap

Post by Shoelip » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:43

I don't think he wants his poll taken seriously.

Jasperodus
x3

Post by Jasperodus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:51

Al wrote:Well X-OU is supposedly based on the X2 engine so it safe to say that the developement has started for it. Ok its a long way off but thats not important. Lets get X2 out and make it a hit, then we can worry about the next in the series.
I'm not quite sure whether you're for or against discussion of XOU at this time from that. My view is that we can still influence XOU while the reality is that X2 is now feature-finished (it should be, that is).
Paying by the hour is something I dont think you will find happening.
Emphatically agree.
To most people £10 a month is not a huge amount and if it lives up to expeectations then I'll be paying monthly but probably only playing a few hours (like 6-10 maximum) a week. you pays your money ....etc :D
£10-15 seems the average and you're correct about playtime. In fact, the point to be understood is that a player is paying for the persistence of the game. This includes the vital fact that your property will go on doing what you've instructed it to do while you're offline. Well worth the price IMO.

Jasp
Arms, my only ornament; my only rest, the fight. ~ Don Quixote, Cervantes

Krakus

Post by Krakus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 11:04

i have the feeling that the game engine will be modified quite a bit for X-Online. Anyone thinking about what will happen to SETA? There are a number of factors that have to change when converting a single player game into a persistant online one. At the very least a new form of high speed travel will have to be worked out, players can't speed up time indepindently of each other- might cause some kind of temporal or gravital Stephen Hawking style rift in the 4th and 5th dimensions.

or something

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 11:16

Jasperodus wrote:
Al wrote:Well X-OU is supposedly based on the X2 engine so it safe to say that the developement has started for it. Ok its a long way off but thats not important. Lets get X2 out and make it a hit, then we can worry about the next in the series.
I'm not quite sure whether you're for or against discussion of XOU at this time from that. My view is that we can still influence XOU while the reality is that X2 is now feature-finished (it should be, that is).
Jasp
I'm all for discussing X-OU as we have been since it was first announced. Lets face it, development of X-OU will be effectively zero until X2 goes out, and for a while afterwards everyone will be talking about X2 rather than a distant vision of X-OU.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

wilhil

Post by wilhil » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 14:03

dont get your nickers in a twist the poll is is only a joke!!!!

wilhil

Post by wilhil » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 14:10

What i meant to say about x online is simply not play for 10 mins and get charged for a hour, but you put down the payment for say 24 minimum at a time, then you can play for that long and it keeps a track for how long you are on, as i am sure if this came on i would definatly do it, as if it is just per month i would not get my moneys worth as i said i am home for 1 day, well that is just home time to use my computer is extremly less! i am talking about 2 hours a week sometimes. mind you, if they drop the specs to work on my crapy old laptop and dial up connection then i could play from the hotel!

>wil<

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”