Good idea for x online

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wilhil

Good idea for x online

Post by wilhil » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 02:39

I have another post going with a couple of ideas about payment, but this is rather diffrent about actual gameplay i would like to see:

one thing in earth and beyond that i would like to see in x online, or if you make one a expansion to x2, bigger sectors! in e and b, they are GIGANTIC! you go around in normal thrust wich is approx 150-200kph depending on your ship and class or you cna speed up and do warp around secotrs, warp is 2000 - 4000+ kph, and it can take over 5 mins to get through some sectors, and I would like to something similar,

pelase write your oppinions!

>wil<

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 04:38

this is one feeling shared by many; people definately want more to explore and for the sectors to not be confined to a small square- you can go outside of the square, but currently there is no reason to.

I expect the team to work on this issue and Im sure they will fix and make better" the sectors :wink:

Krakus

Post by Krakus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 04:42

ideally, i wouldnt even want sectors. just solar systems, travelling between them with some form of faster than light travel. but that would be a completely different game, the X-Universe has a cool environment and they should stick with it. any drastic changes would have to branch off into another series.

perhaps Flies Attack on Earth 2?

oooh, inside joke

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 08:22

All sectors ARE solar systems. They are also very big. The thing that makes them look small is the fact that the gates and NPC factories are all very central. Just think of the Perseus mission and THAT asteroid. it lies about 60 km's away from the gate and who wants to do that distance on a regular basis? I agree that there is next to nothing to 'explore' away from the centre/gates except the beauty of the system but hey, they are big :wink:

fireblade
x4

Post by fireblade » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:32

KiwiNZ wrote:All sectors ARE solar systems. They are also very big. The thing that makes them look small is the fact that the gates and NPC factories are all very central. Just think of the Perseus mission and THAT asteroid. it lies about 60 km's away from the gate and who wants to do that distance on a regular basis? I agree that there is next to nothing to 'explore' away from the centre/gates except the beauty of the system but hey, they are big :wink:
sectors arnt solar systems or anything like as big as solar systems even including the area outside the gates solar systems are huge

sectors are a small are in space usually situated near a habitable planet

i.e earth to the sun is ~8 light mins ways and that is only a fraction of the size of the distance to pluto
so solar systems are light hours across

i cant remember how far a light year is so cant calc the actuall distances

Krakus

Post by Krakus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:47

six trillion miles if my math is right

186,000 X 60 X 60 X 24 X 365.26

light distance in 1 second times 60 seconds times 60 minutes times 24 hours times 365.26 days

what were we talking about again?

Krakus

Post by Krakus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:48

six trillion miles if my math is right

186,000 X 60 X 60 X 24 X 365.26

light distance in 1 second times 60 seconds times 60 minutes times 24 hours times 365.26 days

what were we talking about again?

Shoelip
x3ap

Post by Shoelip » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 10:51

Deja vu.

Krakus

Post by Krakus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 11:10

experiencing a 5th dimensional distortion shoelip? or is it 4th dimensional, i always get gravital and temporal dimensions mixed up.

Shoelip
x3ap

Post by Shoelip » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 11:24

There is no spork.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 11:27

Shoelip. If you have nothing worth saying then please feel free to say nothing. Spamming the board with pointless stuff like this and the posts you made yesterday simply detract from the usefulness of this board. If you wanna post crap, feel free to do it on the Off topic board and leave this one for real posts about X and related issues.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Shoelip
x3ap

Post by Shoelip » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 11:49

I'm desparate to find some thing to post about, you guys are all busy talking about stuff like how long a lightyear is and bank interest. Pretty much every post on this forum ends up being about something only remotely related to X2 as a game anyway(or at something least some one not interested in how the 50000 credit doohickie in the room with 10 inch blast doors in the back of your ship could work in real life would be interested in). I also got baned from the other forum I was mainly on for protesting a hostile jibe the admin made at me, which makes me feel like pounding his head in the next time I see him even morer then I already do just by being victem to his personality in real life. Ok, I geuss that doesn't excuse me so I'll try to show some restraint.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 11:51

But the point is that while they might be talking about something that doesn't interest you in the slightest, its still not fair to piss in thier threads. Why not post some threads about X stuff you want to talk about?

Al
X2 Capture Guide

Krakus

Post by Krakus » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 12:00

i remember the old days when Al was the helpfull polite one. what happened in the last couple years? has Al been tainted by frequent exposure to meaningless noob flame wars?

seriously, shoelip adding about two vertical inches to the thread should not traumatize you into chewing him out. do i need to mention your post took up more space than his? i dont see "moderator" under your name Al. Perhaps there is a reason?

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 12:52

There is a very good reason that I'm not a mod, I didn't ask to be considered. Would I be one if I had asked? No one can answer that, except maybe the original mods and site admin.

If anyone feels I'm out of line then please feel free to report my posts or PMs to the mods.

the simple suggestion that Shoelip posts new threads about things he wants to discuss shouldn't be taken any way expect in the exact form it was posted. A suggestion.

Al
X2 Capture Guide

wilhil

Post by wilhil » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 14:02

I posted this before i went to sleep, now i have woke up there is a whole war about lateyears on here!

anyway basically what i mean is not make them bigger than they actually are, just make them spread out slightly more, i dont mean like 10 times as much, just like double, but only if they have a new system for faster travel. do not get me wrong, i love the game the way it is, i just think that this will make it a lot better.

>wil<

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”