Gunnery Crews.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

space_ferret
x3tc

Gunnery Crews.

Post by space_ferret » Sat, 16. Jul 05, 20:17

I've no doubt this is already somewhere, but I havn't seen it. How can I hire gun crews now that I have the AEGIS mod?

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Sat, 16. Jul 05, 23:58

Military personnel from equipment docks if I remember rightly, check the readme available from the start menu (if you installed the bonus materials)
Also you will probably get more replies if you post this in the scripting forum as this is a script and all the script masterminds hang around there :D

neilparker68
x2

Post by neilparker68 » Sun, 17. Jul 05, 01:03

AEGIS mod What is that?

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Sun, 17. Jul 05, 01:26

RyanMC98
x3tc

Post by RyanMC98 » Sun, 17. Jul 05, 08:16

I'm having trouble with hiring them to :?:

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Sun, 17. Jul 05, 11:43

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sun, 17. Jul 05, 13:04

I'll give you 2 hints

-BPH-freighters
-Capping
;)

G

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Tue, 19. Jul 05, 11:34

RyanMC98 wrote:I'm having trouble with hiring them to :?:
If you have your own EqD there is a command to inform you where are TP with MP's and where are going to dock.

If you don't have EqD the best place to find TP with MP's are the pirate Sectors (especially the Hatticla's Faith).

When find one follow it to the EqD and buy them, or capture the ship.

Tip : :wink:
If you go to buy them, then there is allways the option to clone them (for few seconds when the TP dock to EqD in the same sector in Dockyard appear the option to buy them with new ships like equipment and have the ability to clone them like other weapons). Of course if you manage to transport them long distane many of them disapear (In Space ???? :o )

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Tue, 19. Jul 05, 17:29

if you own an eq-dock you can set it up to buy them for you, it saves you a lot of running around

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 19. Jul 05, 17:59

johntarmac wrote:if you own an eq-dock you can set it up to buy them for you, it saves you a lot of running around

you might want to mention that once added as ware (cheated in as ware) .. you cant remove the ware any more (without any scripts that is)

G

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Tue, 19. Jul 05, 18:26

Okay,if ypu don't want to cheat or piss off the authorities :wink: ,or don't own an ED,I have a method that's worked fairly well for me.
First,I'm far enough along to have advanced sats in most civilized sectors.If you have M2 or M1 with Aegis,then you should to.Keep checking sectors remotely until you spot a ship with e designation like this"MT 4-7/5"or something like that.As long as you're not in the same sector you can see it's sector and station destination,usually an Argon ED or Trading station. Then beat it there,I use an Iguana with Jumpdrive.Wait for it to dock an grab up the military personel fast.

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Sun, 14. Aug 05, 14:05

I just spent the last 10 gaming hours or so setting up my Ody with 89 crew members.

I put advnavsats in all sectors ( had already done this for trading purposes ).

I then bought 10 TPs, put them in the typical target sectors (Argon), renamed them all Recruiter and began to get reports from my Equipment Dock.

The idea is to move your Recruiters to the destination docks and get lots of updates from your Equipment Dock reports.

There is a LOT of frustration at first, like getting ONE recruit from a MT you've been waiting for for 10 minutes. But if you track 3 or 4 at a time and are in position, you eventually get enough 4s and 5s to pile up the crew you need.

Finally, I got one MT that delivered 20 in one sale.

This is all horribly expensive, but worth it. Cap ship combat is both more exciting and less of a hassle ( weapon changes, etc. ).

One of the downsides is that all those personnel use up cargo space. With 89 crew on an ODY, I have about 570 EC at full load. That also is not enough crew for all the turrets, so I leave the rear turret loaded with GHEPTs and leave it on Missle defense and use Action stations on all the other turrets. Works great and is really a lot of fun.

Highly recommended if you have mega credits and have gotten bored with Cap ship combat......

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”