Drilling Platform

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SMARTY2
x3

Drilling Platform

Post by SMARTY2 » Mon, 18. Jul 05, 23:13

:? Hiya, a question! the mobile drilling platform, it is obviously ship specific cause it wont install on me nemesis? is that right or am i doing something wrong?? i looked in the manual but it saiz jack. sooo how do i use it? Ta

Not so Smarty2!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 18. Jul 05, 23:21

You can see weapon-compatibility in-game on the ship information page, or there is a full listing on Argonopedia.

Oh, and moved to the main forum where it belongs. ;)

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 19. Jul 05, 00:47

You can put the drill on one of the TL's, but that is too unwieldy. I think the Split TS can mount a drill in the back turret.

You have to get within range of the Center of the asteroid, not the surface. Some big asteroids you have to go into the tunnels to get close enough.

Watch out for spinning ones.

Use one driller ship and 2 or 3 collector ships with Special Command software "Collect wares in sector". And the Ore Collector.

HTH,
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

solah
x3

Post by solah » Tue, 19. Jul 05, 02:32

The Paranid TS can mount the mining laser on either the nose or the turret. Just drive straight up to the asteroid and blast away :P

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Tue, 19. Jul 05, 03:49

solah wrote:The Paranid TS can mount the mining laser on either the nose or the turret. Just drive straight up to the asteroid and blast away :P
Yes, the Demeter is excellent for mobile mining. Just set a Demeter to mine and a Dolphin/Vulture to pick up the ore...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”