Finally got my Gunnery Crew together

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeathVark
x3

Finally got my Gunnery Crew together

Post by DeathVark » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 09:14

Man, it only took me 3 hours with all kinds of cheating: multiple reloads, equip-all-ships-at-once trick to get 90 drunkards to man the turrets on my Ody.
And I had to buy an EQ dock, to get those reports.
I've used 3 stations for reloads - around 15-20 reloads each.
On the very first time I got 27 ppl, after that no matter where and how many times I was reloading, once got 11, the rest of the time 1-4 ppl.
Then I got lucky, one of the transports was going to Argon Prime's EQ dock, so I bought 10 Express and only had to reload twice, to get number of Military Personnel available at EQ dock at 5, so I bought 50 of them at once :evil:

Now onto Khaak and Xenon, to see what difference AEGIS will make in combat, hopefully it's worth 54 Mil :roll:

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 10:22

Never used AEGIS or the gunnery crews so will be interested in your findings. The only bit I didn't like was Attention: This plug-in also improves the behaviour of turrets on AI ships! So tell all on your return. :)

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 15:57

Ah, I'm just beginning the lengthy and annoying task - so far I've managed to find and follow 3 transports (can't afford an EQDock at the mo so I can't get the reports) and have accumulated a total of 6 personnel. Now I'm seriously planning to see if I can possibly capture one of the transports to get all 100, because otherwise it's going to take forever.
The irony is that the reason I can't afford an EQD is because I bought AEGIS in preparation for getting the personnel, I hadn't realised they were going to be so insanely hard to find!
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

nNemethon
x3ap

Post by nNemethon » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 16:10

theKettle wrote:Now I'm seriously planning to see if I can possibly capture one of the transports to get all 100, because otherwise it's going to take forever.
:lol: Arrr Cap'n - set 'em ta work on gruel and rum-tots an' if tha' don't roll thier trousers, we can throw one 'o the surly swabs out tha' airlock and watch the others work double-quick. Sure as anything me matey, she'll be the best canon-blazer out in tha' cold, black witch of space!

:D Would you allow whipping? as keel-hauling wouldn't really fix the problem of the one - too messy. Mind you, you could always tie 'em to the radar or cannon barrel with a low pressure in his suit! :P
"Although that question is less stupid, it was asked in a profoundly stupid manner." - Prof Farnesworth
----------
A diff signature every few months (not guaranteed, warranteed or warranted) ;)

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 16:59

Well, they are military personnel, so probably will resist capture. I just want to get the pilot to stop the ship so I can get first dibs on hiring them. Of course it won't be that easy, but that won't stop me trying.
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 18:13

Recruiting Gunnery crews.Annoying,isn't it :lol: You won't do much better with capping{only got a max of 25 myself}.Iprefer the reload myself,no race relations penalties.

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 04:15

Well, tried them out in battles - they are well worth it, I'm pretty happy.
It's kinda nice to watch them work - parked my Oddy in front of Xenon Shipyard (after obliterating a couple of sectors NW of it) and was watching , how they switch weapons. Kinda neat: most of the time they got GPPC going (for range), but when due to some fancy flying a couple of Xenons get closer and/or launch a bunch of missiles - a couple of shots of GPSGs and it's all clear again :)
Finally was able to take Oddy against 2 Xenon M2 at the same time - just flew right in between - both dead :twisted: My shields were like 20% after that, but both big boys R.I.P. :P

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Thu, 1. Sep 05, 02:22

So what do you think of the 'Maximise Captures'? have you tried that yet? or are you after max combat increase. :twisted:
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Thu, 1. Sep 05, 06:19

I am gonna try to take my Oddy to cap some Ks - see, what happens with that. I am not really interested in capping smaller crafts anymore - just finished XI with 47 kills (3 Js, 2-3 Ks, bunch of L,M,N) and got paid over 180 Mil..., I might take it to Khaak space, cap some of those, for prestige only - I already have 9 fully equipped KM3 and have recently sold around 30 B-and 20 A-Kyons to raise my trade rank.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”