taking over home of light,

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

the-danzor

taking over home of light,

Post by the-danzor » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 16:03

ok, i was board so i went with all my ships to attack home of light, just as i thought mostly all staions distroyed with only a few losses. no major agron ships of myn got distroyed, so i moved all ships to the gate heading to argon prime just in case they come thought, which they did, after a battle lasting over 7 hours argob prime was mostly distroyed as so was all my ships, all i had left was a argon buster and 15 argon discorvers, so i left and went to a hole new system unkown space, where i got distoryed by a unkown enemy ships,

Hints:
when taking over any system or just distorying it, make sure a few ships stay nere all gates in that system, other whys you will have more enemys on you,

attack all station first, make sure you are not in the system when you attack, for some reason attacks go faster when you ant there, or its just me.

if attack home of light, make sure you send all ships to the gate to argon prime, but dont send them thought you will faile like i did.

o and make sure you have over 7 argon or ?????? ships, make sure there are bigger then a argon titen then you will have more chance on winning,

and dont attack unknown enemy sector, you will lose in 3 mins,

these are the screens of the battle.

http://www.vile.x10hosting.com/x2screen65.jpg

http://www.vile.x10hosting.com/x2screen45.jpg

http://www.vile.x10hosting.com/x2screen66.jpg

http://www.vile.x10hosting.com/x2screen69.jpg

http://www.vile.x10hosting.com/x2screen74.jpg

{images replaced with links - CBJ}

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 16:05

Great, but next time don't post huge pictures. The forum rules specifically ask you not to do this, and it is for the benefit of those who don't have fast connections or huge screens.

the-danzor

Post by the-danzor » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 16:06

ok sos,
"X2" It rocks,

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 16:08

While you are here you can change your signature image. Its dimensions are ok, but it is over 100Kb in size (the forum limit is 50kb total for avatar and signature combined).

Hg|Merc
x3

Post by Hg|Merc » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 16:29

Strange you getting wasted in teh enemy sectors, i jumped there in my dragon and manged to cause alot of damage before jumping out, btw you shouldnt ahve sent your main fighter battle group out from the fleet you need to line up the fleet and get the enemy to fly into your engagement area, then launch your fighters, and bring them home if the enemy capital ships start mopping them up, sending out masses of fighters to engage masses of fighters is suicide, the solution is to feint send out a fighter group get the enemy to engage and bring those fighters home and they will stray into the capital ships fire and get destroyed at you can withstand about 70% of all their firepower its only the plasma throwers and hornets which can hurt. and by the sounds of it did you not use squash mines?

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 16:39

Hg|Merc wrote:Strange you getting wasted in teh enemy sectors
trouble with the fleet I saw was that a lot of the ships looked to be TL ships, the unknown enemy destroyers have guns which have a range of over 4km while tls only have 1.5km, your ships were probably half dead before they fired.
The titan ray and pheonix should have stood a decent chance of doing the enemy some damage though.

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 17:48

Aslo.. its worth noting if attacking Argon Prime, that the Argon 1 is indestructable as its a plot related ship..

antman112
x4

Post by antman112 » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 19:23

but if you let them die at OL
then the agorn one is gone allredy and dont need to deal with it
sorry of any spelling mistakes

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 02:21

I use a different tactic if I want to destroy or take over a sector. I let the Xenon M2 do the dirty work for me, that way I don't take a rep hit. But your rank has to be high enough for the KM2 to appear in those "Xenon Taxi Missions," AOA1, IIRC.

There should be at least 3 KM2 for this to work effectively. Basically taunt them in your M3 (having max shields is a good thing) and fly near / dock in the station you want them to destroy. It can take a little coaxing, but if done right you can clear out the entire sector, or just the stations you want destroyed. Then lead them on into another sector to do the same thing over again.

Be sure to have a M6 or M2 to kill off or cap those KM2 when you get tired of them destroying everything in sight.

:P :twisted: :P

Wild_Rho
x2

Post by Wild_Rho » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 06:41

If you destroy stations in these sectors do they ever get rebuilt or do they stay dead permenantly?

Demosthanese
x2

Post by Demosthanese » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 09:14

Wild_Rho wrote:If you destroy stations in these sectors do they ever get rebuilt or do they stay dead permenantly?
They are gone, with the exception of the Shipyards and trading stations and equipment docks and wharfs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”