Initial planning X3: Firelance

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SteelRush
x4

Initial planning X3: Firelance

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 11. Sep 05, 22:21

Well, many of you have played the X2: Firelance mod project, now I am starting to gather ideas for the X3: Firelance project. What would you like to see in it?

Please note, I am not an artist, so 3d modelling is out of the question. If someone wants to contribute ship models to the project when it starts, contact me.

quintis vindex

Post by quintis vindex » Sun, 11. Sep 05, 22:31

Well, I havent played X3 yet so I don't know :) ..

As for models,, Im going through the painful task of learning how to create 3d Models just to add my favoite Sci-Fi ship into X2. Babylon 5's Omega class ,,

Maybe by the time X3 comes around I'll be proficient enough to help.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 11. Sep 05, 22:38

None of us know what to expect. I hope they are going to make the engine more flexible and hardcode less.

For missions, I hope they have the ships spawn in default equipment, rather than explicitly state the equipment they need. That way, you swap shields and guns, it doesn't cause some mission ships to break.

For combat, it would be nice if I don't have to make so many sweeping changes to get combat to plain work. What I would love, is to get the game and love it so much, I don't need to mod it. :D

Elwood J Blues
x3tc

Post by Elwood J Blues » Mon, 12. Sep 05, 08:09

I want to see the current Osprey model or even better Deadly's Osprey MkII.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 12. Sep 05, 14:59

Elwood J Blues wrote:I want to see the current Osprey model or even better Deadly's Osprey MkII.
Dude, the new Osprey will so kick those two Osprey model's butt so hard that they'll implode by just glancing at the X3 Osprey. If M4's have turrets now, imagine a M6. :o
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Anti-Hero
x3

Post by Anti-Hero » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 20:53

Lord only knows if this could be scripted in X3, but I was a big fan of the freespace 2 style energy usage, ex: diverting energy to shields/weapons/or engine depending on the situation. As well as changing which part of the ship is being more heavily shielded than other parts. As I said I doubt this could be scripted but this concept really enhanced the combat in freespace 2 and would definitely enhance the combat play in X3.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 22:31

Anti-Hero wrote:Lord only knows if this could be scripted in X3, but I was a big fan of the freespace 2 style energy usage, ex: diverting energy to shields/weapons/or engine depending on the situation. As well as changing which part of the ship is being more heavily shielded than other parts. As I said I doubt this could be scripted but this concept really enhanced the combat in freespace 2 and would definitely enhance the combat play in X3.
Dude, you don't even know of he combat play in X3! Only the Beta testers and the Devs know what the combat is like, unless you are a beta tester. Until then don't talk about ways to improve X3.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Anti-Hero
x3

Post by Anti-Hero » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 18:58

Well I am assuming they are not going to use the shield managing system. If they do that would rock, I was just throwing ideas out there not trying to knock the combat of X3 which no one except betas and devs know of at the time :] And since this thread is about the inital planning of a mod for X3 I figured I'd throw my two cents in, sorry if I struck a wrong nerve : /

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”