Race Response Fleets 1.6 : Test Slaves Needed

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Race Response Fleets 1.6 : Test Slaves Needed

Post by LV » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 22:30

EDIT 20/10/05

Plugin now installed in main JTP thread http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85639

A minor update :)

All destroyed stations in Networked sectors will now respawn

The rebuild may not be a duplicate of the destroyed station but it will be from a sector that race owns so a destroyed SPP may respawn as a bogas factory if it was Boron owned.

Also if asteriods are present of a sufficient yield mines will be built on existing asteroids in that sector.

There is also a cap on the amount of the same type of station being built so you cannot have more than one type of high end fab in the sector.

Do not install this if you do not want normal stations to respawn

Feedback welcome before i add it to the full JTP thread

RAR Download Link
EXE Download Link

THIS IS STILL A BETA
Last edited by LV on Thu, 20. Oct 05, 19:40, edited 3 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Tue, 20. Sep 05, 00:50

Slave NavaCorp is at your orders Lord V.! :lol:

Because a resp. fleet have already destroyed half of a Boron sector in my game I'll give a chance to Boron to rebuild... :wink:

Besides stations respawning is another thing missing in X2. :roll:

I just don't understand why you want a different kind of station to respawn: I think that if a race lost an SPP and therefore had a shortage of e-cells they'd rebuild another SPP not a Cahoona bakery or Bogas Fab!? :?

However I'll feedback you after a couple of days keeping an eye mainly on Great Trench (Condors and Phoenixs are still there... :( ).

Bye

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 20. Sep 05, 01:12

Woot !

I will install it asap for testing :)
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 20. Sep 05, 01:20

NavaCorp wrote:Slave NavaCorp is at your orders Lord V.! :lol:

Because a resp. fleet have already destroyed half of a Boron sector in my game I'll give a chance to Boron to rebuild... :wink:
It will only pickup existing stations, any that are already dead will stay that way although i can guide you how to edit the counter for a specific sector if you pm me :)
I just don't understand why you want a different kind of station to respawn: I think that if a race lost an SPP and therefore had a shortage of e-cells they'd rebuild another SPP not a Cahoona bakery or Bogas Fab!? :?
Because it's a hell of alot less code which i currently dont have time to write, I also like variety :)

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 20. Sep 05, 02:16

I'll be testing also. :D

Is it possible to have fighters respond to fighter attacks? Something to the effect of, if there is a fighter attack, the surrounding sectors will send fighters to reinforce the position. It wouldn't involve jumpdrives, but just fighters coming in from the surrounding sectors.

Even if that isn't possible, the enhancement of respawning stations will add alot to the mod. Great work! :thumb_up:

grumman
x3tc

Re: Race Response Fleets 1.6 : Test Slaves Needed

Post by grumman » Tue, 20. Sep 05, 06:52

Lord Vader wrote:All destroyed stations in Networked sectors will now respawn

The rebuild may not be a duplicate of the destroyed station but it will be from a sector that race owns so a destroyed SPP may respawn as a bogas factory if it was Boron owned.

Also if asteriods are present of a sufficient yield mines will be built on existing asteroids in that sector.
Is it possible to use the respawn stations script alone, without the response fleets?
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Re: Race Response Fleets 1.6 : Test Slaves Needed

Post by LV » Tue, 20. Sep 05, 21:53

SteelRush wrote:
Is it possible to have fighters respond to fighter attacks? Something to the effect of, if there is a fighter attack, the surrounding sectors will send fighters to reinforce the position. It wouldn't involve jumpdrives, but just fighters coming in from the surrounding sectors.
Yes but i dont have time
grumman wrote: Is it possible to use the respawn stations script alone, without the response fleets?
Yes but i dont have time

LV feels like he's talking to his boss
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

kindwill

Post by kindwill » Tue, 20. Sep 05, 22:21

im in also.
for the record i have the pirate guild installed too

Julian out

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Wed, 21. Sep 05, 06:42

Intelligent respawning psuedo-random NPC stations would be very cool! 8) . maybe even growth depending on your wealth and status to compete against you.

We can always strip out that part of the code and modify it. Fun to use with Pirate Guild. Gives the universe as a dynamic changing universe. Plus there is another mod called Race Wars I have not tried yet.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 21. Sep 05, 11:29

Could you add a global variable like "jtp.station.respawn" (TRUE/FALSE) to your script so i can detect it in mine ? It would allow my pirates to attack stations if your script is active. Thanks :)

More feedback later.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 22. Sep 05, 15:28

Nice nice nice script :)

I'm using it on Terradine 1.8 + XaiCorp Combat AI + Pirate Guild 1.2 Beta + Full BonusPack + Misc non related scripts.

I've sent about 20 Star Destroyers to destroy the Earth System. About 10 Argon M2 and M1 moved to the sector to destroy my ships. My fleet has lost about 10 ships, Argon defenses were wiped out. My remaining ships start to destroy stations. And a few minutes after, new stations appear on random location in the sector. Great ! The only issue i see is that station respawning is way too fast. IMO You should at least wait 1/2h - 1h before rebuilding it.

Another misc ideas:

You should use 2 AL slots in the final version. One related to the JumpFleet itself and one related to station respawning (and give me two nice global variable to detect if one or both parts are active ;) ).

It's probably related to X² OOS battle system, and that you can't do much about it. But, sometimes when attacking a sector OOS, and when the JtP M1/M2 is attacked and destroyed quickly, the jumpfleet isn't sent. I've not read your script atm (will do soon), but i suppose you're using Signal_Attacked to call the jumpfleet. Maybe if you also check with Signal_Killed, you may avoid this glitch.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 22. Sep 05, 18:48

Serial Kicked wrote:Could you add a global variable like "jtp.station.respawn" (TRUE/FALSE) to your script so i can detect it in mine ? It would allow my pirates to attack stations if your script is active. Thanks

Done jtp.station.respawn will be the GV
The only issue i see is that station respawning is way too fast. IMO You should at least wait 1/2h - 1h before rebuilding it.
Intended for testing, I'll turn it up
You should use 2 AL slots in the final version. One related to the JumpFleet itself and one related to station respawning (and give me two nice global variable to detect if one or both parts are active ;) ).
It's on the todo list, setting up the AL menu is something i still struggle with though TBH
It's probably related to X² OOS battle system, and that you can't do much about it. But, sometimes when attacking a sector OOS, and when the JtP M1/M2 is attacked and destroyed quickly, the jumpfleet isn't sent. I've not read your script atm (will do soon), but i suppose you're using Signal_Attacked to call the jumpfleet. Maybe if you also check with Signal_Killed, you may avoid this glitch
IIRC it's setup that way but i spent about 3 hrs balancing the timing fire rates any change will be a royal pain as things go wrong when tweaking the call times so it will stay this way for now

Ta, for the feeback slaverinos :)
LV's TC Scripts

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Thu, 22. Sep 05, 22:15

Are Lasertowers counted by this script? I have noticed that the enhanced range LTs owned by Pirate Bases in Firelance will start shooting in a sector, and the reinforcements will go for the Pirate ships, and apparently ignore the LTs.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 24. Sep 05, 19:37

AL option for respawning now installed

Stations will take time to build ;)

Plenty of tweaks done

You will either have to test fresh or disable the plugins and seta for a while then re-enable

RAR Download Link
LV's TC Scripts

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 24. Sep 05, 19:53

Cool :)

I'll test this with my script asap.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

RagX

Post by RagX » Sat, 24. Sep 05, 22:06

I've noticed that the AI will liberally make mines on free or just-freed asteriods LOTS quicker even with the update than me (leaving me looking like an idiot with my hired TL going like "I WAS GOING TO MINE THAT YOU GOD$#%#$% AI!!!"), or am I simply taking too long to get a TL with the needed mines to the 'riod (I got there about 3 game hours after the asteriod was found)?

Also, maybe add the ability for AI to rebuild the factory with a LT for protection. They should learn that if it died once, it should have some sort of standing defense if in case it gets attacked again.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Thu, 29. Sep 05, 09:09

I've tried it (1.6a) for a few days and I haven't had any problem until now. There isn't FPS slow down unlike it was in the 1.5.

However: does this script create a log-file where we can find how many station have respawned and where? I'm just curious to check it because the universe it's so big and I don't remember all the original factories.

Bye

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 08:47

NavaCorp wrote:I've tried it (1.6a) for a few days and I haven't had any problem until now. There isn't FPS slow down unlike it was in the 1.5.

However: does this script create a log-file where we can find how many station have respawned and where? I'm just curious to check it because the universe it's so big and I don't remember all the original factories.

Bye
I'll put one in the final for you which will be forthcoming this weekend as i've had no reports of bugs

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 10:14

Lord Vader wrote:
NavaCorp wrote:I've tried it (1.6a) for a few days and I haven't had any problem until now. There isn't FPS slow down unlike it was in the 1.5.

Bye
I'll put one in the final for you which will be forthcoming this weekend as i've had no reports of bugs
:D :D :D :thumb_up:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 11:13

No bug found yet :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”