Pirates have no Hornets

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Pirates have no Hornets

Post by Electric_Kola » Sun, 25. Sep 05, 22:29

Now I've read in capping guides about the Pirates sometimes carrying Hornet missiles... but I have about 6/7 save games each 3 days + playing and I still have not seen a single pirate carrying hornets or firing them.. its allways mosqs.

I doing something wrong or is it totally random/glitch?
"There must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero, From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination" - Douglas Adams

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 25. Sep 05, 22:56

Only Pirate TS can carry Hornets if you look their in-game stats. Orinoco can carry only Silkworm and Bayamon/Mandalay only Dragonfly/Wasp.

Bye

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sun, 25. Sep 05, 22:59

Be carefull :wink:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 00:21

NavaCorp wrote:Only Pirate TS can carry Hornets if you look their in-game stats. Orinoco can carry only Silkworm and Bayamon/Mandalay only Dragonfly/Wasp.

Bye
that might be true, but I have never ever ever seen one with them, thats what I was trying to say :S

hmm
"There must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero, From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination" - Douglas Adams

RagX

Post by RagX » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 00:22

be thankful Pirate Ships can carry, but not use them :twisted:

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 00:36

RagX wrote:be thankful Pirate Ships can carry, but not use them :twisted:
They do in my 'normal' game, they use everything they come equipped with.
Gives you a shock the first time you get Ion D'd or PSG'd. :shock:
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

RagX

Post by RagX » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 00:37

Tw122le wrote:
AHAHAHA I remember the first time I bit the dust in my Nova against an IOD'ed Orinoco. Made me go like "....ooo....kay.... WOOT LETS DO THAT AGAIN!"

Its the small surprises and big challenges that keep pulling me back :D

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 01:03

So is there something screwed up with my game or something? Cause in months of playing I havent seen a single hornet aboard a TS or even been fired at with one :(

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 02:04

RagX wrote:
Tw122le wrote:
AHAHAHA I remember the first time I bit the dust in my Nova against an IOD'ed Orinoco. Made me go like "....ooo....kay.... WOOT LETS DO THAT AGAIN!"

Its the small surprises and big challenges that keep pulling me back :D
had the same experience when bugging the pirates in my Pericles this morning to increase my Split reputation... everything was going well, when suddenly some Paranid fellow in an Orinoco zorched me and all my shields and guns failed... then along comes a Mandalay to mop me up. :P Would have been funnier if I had had salvage insurance :shock:

But yes, I've had Pirate Ships use Hornets against me.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

RagX

Post by RagX » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 02:27

they RARELY shoot Hornets at you. I can tell since I just came back from a M4 run, abrupt ending by a Hornet force-feeding :shock:

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 07:03

yea hornets are the fun of any 5 vs 1 party with pirats i loved it in my disco in the begging i would get into those huge dogfights and it would take me a good half hour or more to kill all 5 because of all the "warning inco...warning...war...warr...warning incomming missle." if you know what i mean. LOL go full throttle and let them follow the leader while i made a large loop around to get back in fighting position. and god knows that i have had atleast 3 hornets and 2 or more silkworms and or wasps on me at same time. gag any one of those kill a disco.
Last edited by Arwan on Mon, 26. Sep 05, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
"how do you manage to keep your ship so dirty pilot." X3 mission quote for TP.

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 07:13

Indeed the pirate ships do have hornets,he made a run at my got my shields to around 65% and then hit me with a hornet = nova dust.They love hurling hornets at me and occasionaly they hit causing massive damage/death to my fighter.

PhilipsCDRW
x2

Post by PhilipsCDRW » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 11:29

Silly question - do you have a freight scanner? If a Pi-TS is carrying Hornets, you'll have to target it, press 'Ship Details' and scroll right to the bottom of the stats. Freight (including, illogically, missiles) is right down the bottom of the list.
PhilipsCDRW

"I want to live until I die. No more, no less." - Izzard

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 11:33

Seen Pirates Ships carrying Hornets all the time. True they don't seem to like using them. My guess they are transporting ripped off missiles to sell elsewhere and don't want to lose the EXPENSIVE merchandise onless they have too. Besides Hornets are useless onless they are dropped in your lap with a bombing run.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”