Spacefly Eggs (is it worth the trip to sell them?)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sp00ky
x2

Spacefly Eggs (is it worth the trip to sell them?)

Post by Sp00ky » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 01:07

Greetings. After having several corrupted save games I have had to start my X2 career over from scratch. I'm desperately in need of cash and just came across 22 Spacefly Eggs in an Argon station.

I know said eggs can be sold in a certain sector deep with the Family TKR sector but its quite a ways away from Argon Prime. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me whether the price will be worth the trip? If I get there and find they sell for 12 credits a piece or some such I will be rather depressed.

GarryF
x4

Re: Spacefly Eggs (is it worth the trip to sell them?)

Post by GarryF » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 01:26

Sp00ky wrote:... just came across 22 Spacefly Eggs in an Argon station.

I know said eggs can be sold in a certain sector deep with the Family TKR sector but its quite a ways away from Argon Prime. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me whether the price will be worth the trip? If I get there and find they sell for 12 credits a piece or some such I will be rather depressed.
No, Dump them.
It will not be worth you effort flying there for four credits each.

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 01:29

Unless I'm off track you can't actually sell them anywhere. Wish you could as I've still got them. :(
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

GarryF
x4

Post by GarryF » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 01:34

Tw122le wrote:Unless I'm off track you can't actually sell them anywhere. Wish you could as I've still got them. :(
You can sell them in two factories (if you can find them), or dump them in a ship you are going to sell and get half there normal value.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 04:14

Do you wan to keep the game in its original condition ? If not, there are scripts that can give you money fast.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 07:05

For 22 eggs its not worth the trip. And if you just restarted, you need to improve your Split Approval Rating, otherwise the wont let you dock.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 20:31

Sp00ky wrote:Greetings. After having several corrupted save games I have had to start my X2 career over from scratch. I'm desperately in need of cash and just came across 22 Spacefly Eggs in an Argon station.

My suggestion is to note where you found them, and when you can come back in a fully maxed Dolphin, then collect them. You see, spacefly eggs are special as secret containers. They will completely fill the cargo hold of any ship that picks them up. Kinda like tribbles. :D

A side note about cargo containers: when you pick one up that has more than your ship can carry, you permanently lose the extra. So always try to collect them with ships that have sufficient cargo space. Unfortunately, with the secret containers, you cannot scan them beforehand.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 20:38

Nanook wrote:My suggestion is to note where you found them, and when you can come back in a fully maxed Dolphin, then collect them. You see, spacefly eggs are special as secret containers. They will completely fill the cargo hold of any ship that picks them up. Kinda like tribbles.
I think this is also true of secret containers that have Energy Cells. 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

blackR

Post by blackR » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 20:39

My suggestion is: plz EGOSOFT,no more spaceflys in X3,just simulation :((
black is back

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Fri, 7. Oct 05, 12:52

if you are lucky one stations got a secret container with 2500 spacefly eggs to do nothing with.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 7. Oct 05, 20:25

Carl Sumner wrote:
Nanook wrote:My suggestion is to note where you found them, and when you can come back in a fully maxed Dolphin, then collect them. You see, spacefly eggs are special as secret containers. They will completely fill the cargo hold of any ship that picks them up. Kinda like tribbles.
I think this is also true of secret containers that have Energy Cells. 8)
No, energy cells are limited. Some can be quite large and thus fill up a smaller hold, but I've never run across one that can fill up a maxed Dolphin, or even a maxed Merc, for that matter. They may exist, but I've never found one.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”