Lottery

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FullMetal

Lottery

Post by FullMetal » Sun, 9. Oct 05, 21:58

How does the Lottery work in X2:The Threat

LeeE
x3

Post by LeeE » Sun, 9. Oct 05, 22:03

You buy a ticket, and then you lose, just like in real life... :P

I honestly don't think its winnable or if it is you chances are so small its practically impossible, you win more than your maximum amount of credits that you can hold, i've never heard anyone say they've won and if you did win it would end up completely ruining the game :shock:
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell!

The_Reaper`
x3tc

Post by The_Reaper` » Sun, 9. Oct 05, 22:44

Some person worked out or something that if everyone in the UK (I think) bought a ticket (saying the lottery was every week), so thats 65 million tickets every week, chances are it would take 5 years for someone to win it, or something like that
See all of Lowd of the Wingth and more www.freewebs.com/lucidconception

nwhusted
x3

Post by nwhusted » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 00:18

Check my lottery thread towards the bottom of this first page or it might be on the second page now. I really suggest not playing it. Especially if the arithmitic of the odds are correct and I highly doubt they'd be incorrect.

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 01:01

I buy them to keep a continual draw on my finances and because you enver never know, that ticket you decide not to buy because of the chances might be the won that is a winner! ^^
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

The Lord Dragon
x3

Post by The Lord Dragon » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 01:08

The odds of winning the lottery are something like 15 trillion to 1 against. So I doubt that you would ever win in any game that you played, even if you bought every ticket that was available from every station you docked with.

That and the fact that the prize money total is a larger amount of money than you can have in your account... :roll:

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 01:25

I have come to believe that you can't win the lottery. However, something you *do* gain (according to some threads wot I read) is reputation with the race of the guy selling the tickets. Just a wee bit. Same as you do when you buy an energy cell or two.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Vikinger
x3

Post by Vikinger » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 02:24

A guy in Sweden, 35 years old, unemployed. Won the biggest sum this weekend on lotto here in Sweden.

Tryed to calculate it, so it will be around 14.5 Million US $ :)

He had been out to visist some friends and at the evening when he came home he checked his number and found out that everyone was correct.

He couldnt really belive it so he decided to sit infront of his comp and play games for the hole night.

In the morning he got a phonecall that confirmed that he was the winner :)

Think also i would done the same.

Bah whats up whit 14.5 mill when i can play games all night instead :lol:

So its possible to win in real life :)
I've fought in many places, and seen war's thousand faces.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”