Gunnery Crewed Nova Fleet (Performance Issue)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Gunnery Crewed Nova Fleet (Performance Issue)

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 11. Oct 05, 20:01

Hi there everyone,

I have got myself a funky TelCat AEGIS Collosus with 90 Argon Novas on board. I had some excess gunnery crew so I put one in each Nova fitted each Nova with a full set of turret gun options and told the Collosus to install fleet and ....

SSSSLLLIIDDDEEEE SSSSHHHOOOOWWW!!!! :o

The Fleet Management software set all the gunnery crews to ACTIVE!!!

Great idea, but it would be better if they only became active when they launched and became inactive upon docking. With the 90 independent gunnery crewes turrets active my AMD64 3000+ slows to a crawl.

Anyone else tried this???
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Kgtofmare
x3tc

Post by Kgtofmare » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 08:13

Well i can imangine that. i had my 2talcat raptors maxed with 150 ships mostly novas talk about slow. As close as i figure when u get upwards of 300 ships in a sector u get slowed. I add on top of that it was the last game misson so there were a lot of ships in the sector. I figure if u keep it under 100 or 200 you wont get that much of a slow down but u said about 90 so im guesing You gottta keep it under 55 or so or the xenon might write you a ticket lol :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”