UFO kill -- Yes done it!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

khawk
x3

UFO kill -- Yes done it!

Post by khawk » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 09:06

The title speaks for it self. I just killed one of those UFO's. Well, I'll actually see if there are more than one off them. It was in the Unknown sector next to wastelands. I have a lot of factories there and saw that my Osprey (Sector Defense) had 1 Jaguar docked. I transfered a Gamma IRE to the ship. Finally boarded the Jaguar. Off I went. Good, the UFO was still in scanner range. Got behind the ship, matched it's speed, fired a few shots. It just kept going straight. Then blew it up.
I didn't hear but saw AAARRRRGGHH on the screen. Checked my rankings. Nothing happened.
Are there more UFO killers here. Can you capture one?

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 09:15

Capture no
kill yes
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 09:45

THink UFO is clasifies as owned by the gonors so killing might have a slight negative afect on your gonor ranking!
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

DJSoulJammer
x3

Post by DJSoulJammer » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 10:13

holo_doctor wrote:THink UFO is clasifies as owned by the gonors so killing might have a slight negative afect on your gonor ranking!

i think same and not be good with gonors means no transporter Div and salvage insurance <--- dose not soung good . :o
I don't think diferent ,..... i think same , just in diferent way .... :)

khawk
x3

Post by khawk » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 10:32

I am still Goner preacher 6%.

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 11:01

The game is hardcoded in such a way that you cannot own a UFO.

The Lord Dragon
x3

Post by The Lord Dragon » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 00:02

Perhaps the race that owns these UFOs will appear in X3?

Perhaps in a doffed cap to Elite they will be Thargoids 8)

shasla5
x3

Post by shasla5 » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 00:26

Nah, I think they're just easter eggs, like the monkey planet in Freelancer.
PC specs: Athlon 64 4000+, Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB, 2048 MB PC 3200 RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM, 500W, nForce 4 SLI dual PCI-E.

The Lord Dragon
x3

Post by The Lord Dragon » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 00:49

shasla5 wrote:Nah, I think they're just easter eggs, like the monkey planet in Freelancer.
:tuichdoch: (I don't know what this means, but it looks right.-Ed)

That was my lil bubble you just popped you meanie!

AB14
x3

Post by AB14 » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 00:57

Monkey planet? I have this sudden urge to play Freelancer again!

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 01:10

AB14 wrote:Monkey planet? I have this sudden urge to play Freelancer again!
Spoiler
Show
Yes a monkey planet, I've been there myself. It's in a unknown sector in the galactic south-east. I think you need to go through some Outcast sectors to get to it. And you better have a good ship, theres nomads there.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

the_harper
x3tc

Post by the_harper » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 03:16

Galaxy613 wrote:
AB14 wrote:Monkey planet? I have this sudden urge to play Freelancer again!
I think there's a robot planet as well. But the monkey planet is much funnier just to go into the bar and talk to the barman. Er ... bar monkey?

Rob

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 03:57

Yes, I've shot down a UFO as well, though it isn't easy to corner the little brat and get a good shot at him when you're flying around in a Titan... but eventually I just jumped a gate ahead, waited for him to go by and gave him a PPC broadside. :twisted:

Interestingly, upon the UFO's death...
Spoiler
Show
I heard a human voice scream "noooooo!" as if I'd killed an Argon freighter or a Goner ship. :o

incidentally... monkey planet?? o.O I must have missed that. Well, back to Freelancer until X3 comes out :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 04:36

Freelancer Spoiler:
Spoiler
Show
I'm reasonably sure it's Omicron Gamma that has the wormhole. Theres a dense Alien Debris field, slightly radioactive I think. If you blast the micrometeorites there they release alien artifacts.

Anyway if you fly deep into it, (and you'll need to fly deep due to sensor obscuring effects of the nebula and the distance to it), you'll find a green wormhole (Think it's surrounded by dead ships)), in there is one of the hidden sectors.

Also in Omicron Alpha there is a hull eating nebula, deep inside that cloud there is a ring of dead Outcast ships around the mouth of a wormhole, again there is a hdiden sector there. Both the wormholes often have Nomads near them, though you may not see them til they're bearing down on your courtesy of poor sensor conditions
Total spoiler, in case you're unlikely to try this for yourself:
Spoiler
Show
The Omicron Alpha -> Unknown Sector is in the middle of a bizarre nebulae. Think Paranid prime, but bright pink clouds instead of orange. In the center is a bright pink star, with a wide bluish purple planetary ring at an angle. The entire sector is full of motes of energy that "clump together" on your ship if you sit still, and follow you around. It's actually a kind of pretty sector, if it wasn't for the the fact it's FULL of Nomads.

The Omicron Gamma -> Unknown Sector, is sat in the middle of a strange funnel shaped nebula, thnik of a still shot of X2's jumpgate animation sequence, with a bright star at the end of the tunnel. In the space itself, there are long spiney alien structures like 50ft long spikey crash barriers that make flying hazardous. And there two planets, Monkey Planet and Robot Planet - populated by, yeah you guessed it. Walk into the bar, on each, funny easter egg. They don't say or do anything of note. Oh, and er, yeah it's full of Nomads too.

Tragos
x2

Post by Tragos » Thu, 13. Oct 05, 10:07

Both sectors very good to get nomad blasters, they pair nice with trizonas :wink:

(and as we used say to n00bs in FL forums "if you get closer to the sun next of robot planet you can see that there is a planet on its core" )

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”