Where are the Space Flies in X3?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Melter
x3tc

Where are the Space Flies in X3?

Post by Melter » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 18:33

I have seen lots of screens from X3 and have seen NO Space FLies!

I'm tellin' ya! You muvvas! you better not have left out space flies?!

HAVE YOU!?!!!!!!11

This is meant to be a spacesim!!!! :evil:

RIGHT!

you're gonna geddit now!

I'm cancelling my order!

Apoch
x3

Post by Apoch » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:09

We've shown spaceflies... for instance, if you look very closely at the bottom left corner in this shot, you can see what may or may not be a spacefly, at an estimated distance of about 3km from the viewer.
M. "Apoch" Lewis
EGOSOFT Programmer
(and Holy Prophet of Douglas Adams)

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:14

I see it, I see it *rubs monitor* oh, oh no - no I don't... :oops:

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:45

Over to General I think...
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Melter
x3tc

Post by Melter » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:48

I don't think for one minute that THAT! is a spacefly!

I just hope that the modding community can do something about this or we can have this patched IMMEDIATELY! Typically (I might add) I find that the modding community is left to finish another half finished game for Egosoft!

What a bomb to drop one week before launch! You are obviously too lazy to make the effort to include space flies and I am disgusted with the lack of effort!!!!11111

I even bought a new machine - FOR THIS!--FOR THIS!!!!!!!1111 :evil:

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:50

Ok, now either this is a satirical post based on the "no cockpit" thread, or you're unconvinced about the presence of spaceflies in X³.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:51

Apoch wrote:We've shown spaceflies... for instance, if you look very closely at the bottom left corner in this shot, you can see what may or may not be a spacefly, at an estimated distance of about 3km from the viewer.
Can someone use paint and mark the location? I'm staring at the bottom left corner and all I see is stars. :?

Melter
x3tc

Post by Melter » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:51

Quick
Back agaim ESD!

It's sarcasm!!!

Move it beforeit's too late! :o

antman112
x4

Post by antman112 » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:52

of cores there going to be spaceflys
rember thats how the spilt power there ships
and you allways been abele to get them and sell them
is just X
sorry of any spelling mistakes

Galaxy613
x4

Re: Where are the Space Flies in X3?

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:54

Melter wrote:I have seen lots of screens from X3 and have seen NO Space FLies!

I'm tellin' ya! You muvvas! you better not have left out space flies?!

HAVE YOU!?!!!!!!11

This is meant to be a spacesim!!!! :evil:

RIGHT!

you're gonna geddit now!

I'm cancelling my order!
Holy crap. :o :o :o :o :o No Space Flies!??! I'm canceling my order!!!?!11/11/11oneoneeleven :evil: :evil: :evil:

[/sarcasm] :roll:
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Apoch
x3

Post by Apoch » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:54

I have just obtained exclusive permission to release this information:

There are, in fact, no spaceflies in X³. Instead, we have introduced the all new spacegerbil, a friendly species of vacuum-impervious rodents who leave cute tooth marks on the hulls of your ships. Spacegerbils can be captured with a new GerbilNet weapon upgrade, and placed in special stations where they will run around in cute plastic tubes and run on little spinning wheels.

In order to accomplish our spacegerbil vision, we have unfortunately had to remove the portion of X³ where you have a ship and fly in space. However, we are confident that this is the right direction for the game, and that the community at large will enjoy this change.
M. "Apoch" Lewis
EGOSOFT Programmer
(and Holy Prophet of Douglas Adams)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:56

Cute.

Melter
x3tc

Post by Melter » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 19:58

In order to accomplish our spacegerbil vision
I have saved this quote and will be using it at the most unexpected moment... :twisted:

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 20:04

One presumes the spacegerbils go to sleep in big fluffy nebulae.

Are they like earth gerbils who, instead of sleeping, use wormholes to transport themselves to the ledges high on buildings and transform into pigeons? I mean, think about it, you never see them together, do you? If you need further proof: One side effect of the transportation are wormholes mistakenly generated by gerbils falling asleep where they can be observed by humans. The gerbils 'earth' these potential wormholes between washing machines and the stairs you just carried your dirty washing down. This results in odd socks, and in extreme cases underpants, appearing on the stairs just after you turn the washing machine on.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 20:09

@ Apoch, hehe what a laugh that was, spacegerbils :D whatever next :lol:

Personally i never bothered with spaceflys in x2, and didnt even get any splats on the cockpit windows so never hit any of em lol. Hmm window wipers might be useful if they are in x3 :D

/Semi sarcasm :D

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 20:09

OMG the gerbils...there everywhere

Check out:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94691

We'll show them! :P

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 20:11

Apoch wrote:We've shown spaceflies... for instance, if you look very closely at the bottom left corner in this shot, you can see what may or may not be a spacefly, at an estimated distance of about 3km from the viewer.
ahh yes yes i can see them now (takes another *******) ahh yeaaaaaa.

[/non reality]

ok now for my post. if you look at that picture in the link you can see that they have decided to do the same thing for ships docking onto your cap ships such as destroyers and that is that the ships CLING to the hull of the ship attaining no dammage when hit. while im not totally pleased with this its definatly not a deal breaker either. just whis that ships that can dock with another ship that is a COMBAT ship would go inside the ship not cling. now if this was a station or somehting of a medical type ship sure cling there should be no danger but COMBAT = GUNS HITTING IT = LITTLE SHIPS SHOULD BE DAMMAGED. but i know they wont. :shock: (gut feeling really) just a little disapointed.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 20:13

Arwan wrote: ok now for my post. if you look at that picture in the link you can see that they have decided to do the same thing for ships docking onto your cap ships such as destroyers and that is that the ships CLING to the hull of the ship attaining no dammage when hit. while im not totally pleased with this its definatly not a deal breaker either. just whis that ships that can dock with another ship that is a COMBAT ship would go inside the ship not cling. now if this was a station or somehting of a medical type ship sure cling there should be no danger but COMBAT = GUNS HITTING IT = LITTLE SHIPS SHOULD BE DAMMAGED. but i know they wont. :shock: (gut feeling really) just a little disapointed.
There the guns from that big boron ship, its an earlier shot before the game was finished and The_Abyss already said that it would be rectified.

Where the ships dock is already under specualtion on the screenshot thread

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 20:13

Rapier wrote:One presumes the spacegerbils go to sleep in big fluffy nebulae.

Are they like earth gerbils who, instead of sleeping, use wormholes to transport themselves to the ledges high on buildings and transform into pigeons? I mean, think about it, you never see them together, do you? If you need further proof: One side effect of the transportation are wormholes mistakenly generated by gerbils falling asleep where they can be observed by humans. The gerbils 'earth' these potential wormholes between washing machines and the stairs you just carried your dirty washing down. This results in odd socks, and in extreme cases underpants, appearing on the stairs just after you turn the washing machine on.
your thinking of rats and mice, finaly we have some sort of defence against the mad goners hamster squadron, we maybe able to repell them with using the new Space Gerbils.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 20:17

I guess this will be an add-on you can buy for your spacesuit then.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”