Omicron Lyrae HELP REQD

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Awaawa
x3

Omicron Lyrae HELP REQD

Post by Awaawa » Sat, 22. Oct 05, 18:41

HI all :(

i'm hoping some one can give me some good advice on how to get past the 2nd part of the mission in Omicron Lyrae. i tried a zillion times and managed only to destroy 2 ( if i'm lucky ) of those blue power modules (how many of those thing is there??) im flying a Nova Shields max out, using Beta plasma throwers with turrent on defence. i tried killing off the khaak before taking on the power modules all to no avail i've been stuck on this part for about a month its become a galactic ground hog day. i need to get past this so i can rest easy and get stuck in when X3 hit this pc.

Thx Awaawa

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 22. Oct 05, 18:54

To be honest i gave up trying to do it in a Nova (as you say way to annoying and frustrating), so i went and fetched the Titan i'd bought earlier and used that to blow them to kingdom come.

PSGs may come in handy here as well

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Sat, 22. Oct 05, 19:22

Ya.. or get an oddy :D with PSGs :D

I use an osprey myself ;-)
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Omicron Lyrae HELP REQD

Post by euclid » Sat, 22. Oct 05, 19:37

Awaawa wrote:.... i tried a zillion times and managed only to destroy 2 ( if i'm lucky ) of those blue power modules (how many of those thing is there??) im flying a Nova Shields max out, using Beta plasma throwers with turrent on defence.....
Beside the above mentioned options you could stick with your Nova and try either a bunch of wasps (the modules are not well shielded) or an ID/Bhept combo.

Both requires that you are already in the right positions. Wait until the rotation moves the target towards you and then fire ID/Bhept or launch the wasps.

Btw: I got stuck at the next part ....... no, won't tell you now :grin:

Cheers Euclid

TK - 421
x3

Post by TK - 421 » Sat, 22. Oct 05, 22:58

used a captured KM3 - kyon emitters make very short work of the power blobs and you get the added satisfaction of knowing that their own technology is bringing about their destruction bwahahahaha!
why aren't I at my post?

rarewear343

Post by rarewear343 » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 03:50

I used a Nova, fitted with the ID/BHEPT combo, and a GPAC in the tail. It took bloody ages though...

I haven't tried it, but I imagine PSG's are very useful at this point and would've saved me a lot of time and bother... A Paranid Perseus perhaps? :sceptic:

Xianus
x2

Post by Xianus » Sun, 23. Oct 05, 09:42

I used Teladi Osprey in that mission, and i haven't noticed any problems. Two front BPSGs had finished the generators pretty fast. If you are close to the hull of the Mothership, you can shot them even if they are on the other side! The only problem is that the Osprey is too large to fit between those two rotating hulls and you will have to change your ship in the next part of mission.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”