When does AI AEGIS/crew activate?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

When does AI AEGIS/crew activate?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 14:59

AEGIS FAQ wrote:All M1 and M2 ships owned by the Argon, Teladi, Boron, Xenon, and Khaak will be running upgraded turret commands after installing this plugin. This plugin will make them harder to defeat.
Do I read this correctly as: the moment the script files were installed (as part of the bonus pack) was the moment when above-mentioned ships started actively using the AEGIS? However, I do not recall observing changes in weapons for the big ships. The rain is always blue near a K (in Nova). If this is hard, how easy was it before the script?

Ok, I admit that I have had no success with a Dragon against K or J. Just found some volunteers, so maybe their increased fire rate and my accumulated experience now pay off.

The reason I asked was because some posts hint of other
points of activation. Logical possibilities (for AI activation) are:
1. installation of the script
2. I have crew onboard
3. I order action stations
4. I have AEGIS onboard
5. I have AEGIS in active use
6. way too late

(1) is the logical one and conforms to the FAQ. Others would be harder to implement, although they would scale better: when I get tough, they get tougher.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dragman
x4

Post by dragman » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 20:34

If you check out the cargo bay(make shure you have the freight scanner) of cap ships after installing the plugin, you will see that the ships have loads of other weapons they can use in the cargo bay..

I never saw the Xenon K use other weapons than the PPC until i attacked one whit my Argon Titan, suddenly it rained HEPT from it :D , but not until i was very close..

And i have seen the Split Python in Family whi use MASS DRIVERS against missiles from pirate ships

The cap ships probably only switch when the threat is bigger than a fighter..(M6 and bigger) :wink:

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 22:11

Just found some volunteers, so maybe their increased fire rate and my accumulated experience now pay off.
I don't think the guncrews change the fire rate. They can change the slew rate of the turrets, by momentarily changing to a smaller gun. This helps when big ships are shooting at multiple targets.

You need to have different guns in the cargo bay.

The guncrews also help in the selection of which target to shoot at, I think. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 24. Oct 05, 23:19

the AI does not use the AEGIS ..

however it does use the G-Crew command ..

(I know .. the G-crew is part off the Aegis-script ..
but when talking about commands .. the AI does not use any AEGIS-recuired-commands .. but uses the G-Crew action status(?)-command ..)

G

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 10:23

I wrote:Just found some volunteers, so maybe their increased fire rate and my accumulated experience now pay off.
Well, I am happy to report that the field test of a Dragon with 'Action Stations' (crew, no AEGIS) in 472 was satisfactory :D Four Ks, one J and some flys. The J was tough, and then I foolishly flew staight and slow for the fighters to catch my back-fire. Somebody ate 41% of my hull, so I jumped out. 3M was an ok price for the entertainment. I just wish that the X3 has the damage reporting better, since the audio messages get chopped, when there are many. I think I lost some equipment, but cannot figure out what. :o
Carl Sumner wrote:I don't think the guncrews change the fire rate. They can change the slew rate of the turrets, by momentarily changing to a smaller gun. This helps when big ships are shooting at multiple targets.

The guncrews also help in the selection of which target to shoot at, I think. :)
I am pretty sure that the fire-rate is improved from the slow default. I think I saw code for that. The slew rate is not changed without AEGIS. Plain crew targets missile, or main target, or whatever in sight. With AEGIS the whatever is replaced with biggest threat and turrets co-operate. I saw my crew to use MDs for missiles a couple times, but otherwise they were pouring gHEPT.
Red Spot wrote:but when talking about commands .. the AI does not use any AEGIS-recuired-commands .. but uses the G-Crew action status(?)-command ..
Bummer, I thought or hoped that they would use the AEGIS version of the 'Action Stations'. That impression I do get from the FAQ/readme. Anyway, they should still change between 'main gun'/WMD/'light' just like mine did. Those Ks did have *HEPTs, but only used PPC on my M6. I was flying close, so they should have swapped to gHEPTs for melee, but did not.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 14:34

Just to confirm (I did read some of the source):

- Red Spot has it right, AI ships do not get AEGIS and thus run the plain crew version of 'Attack Stations' :(

- all turrets swap between heavy (gHEPT) and main (PPC) only if the target class is

Code: Select all

M2 Destroyer OR M2 Destroyer
:? :? :?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”