Ion Disruptor?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cypha1337
x3

Ion Disruptor?

Post by Cypha1337 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 11:27

Hi there.

Bought one, can't fit it to my Argon buster. Any clues? Thought I'd post this questions somewhere other than the cap thread :)

Thanks,
--

Running it on a ZTI Sapphire 9800 Pro....

Da_Imp
x3tc

Post by Da_Imp » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 11:28

Does the Argon buster support the fitting of Ion Disruptors? Check your ship information. (is this x2 or x3 you're talking about? Suppose it's X3 seeing your registration mark but you can't be too sure nowadays can you? ;) )

Cypha1337
x3

Post by Cypha1337 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 11:46

x3. Good point, well made.
--

Running it on a ZTI Sapphire 9800 Pro....

Boronshark
x4

Post by Boronshark » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 12:24

Argon Buster has never been able to equip Ion Disruptors.

If my memory serves me correctly you can fit the following weapons:
Spoiler
Show
X3: AIRE BIRE APAC BPAC MD
X2: AIRE BIRE GIRE APAC BPAC GPAC MD
XT: AIRE BIRE GIRE APAC BPAC GPAC
Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) - HyperX Beast 32GB PC3-17100C11 2133MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5

rosepetal

Post by rosepetal » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 12:27

I capped an Argon Buster last night which had diff. stats to my own Buster...it could equip Ion D's and it had a much larger cargo bay but smaller shields and slower ??? Sorry i didn't take a screenshot of it :shock: d'oh

lt_wentoncha
x4

Harumph

Post by lt_wentoncha » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 05:41

Hmmm I don't get it, it's cargo size M so it should fit...right? Well not that it matters, since I bought it but can't mount it on the buster, lol.

ravinhood
x3

Post by ravinhood » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 05:44

rosepetal wrote:I capped an Argon Buster last night which had diff. stats to my own Buster...it could equip Ion D's and it had a much larger cargo bay but smaller shields and slower ??? Sorry i didn't take a screenshot of it :shock: d'oh
If you capped this from a pirate ship then it's well possible. The manual says that pirates take ships and make "custom" ships out of them using ALL the races models and equipment. So, you could very well see a Pirate Buster with an Ion Disrupter. But, a regular Argon Buster out of the Shipyard will not support one.

Flipside72
x3

Re: Harumph

Post by Flipside72 » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 05:53

lt_wentoncha wrote:Hmmm I don't get it, it's cargo size M so it should fit...right? Well not that it matters, since I bought it but can't mount it on the buster, lol.
Not all ships technologies are compatible with all weapons. If you call up your ship info it'll tell you which missiles and guns are compatible with your ship :) I can't post and check at the same time alas, but I think you need to be looking at Boron or Split ships for best Ion Disruptor support.

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 05:57

What quick fighter ships are capable of mounting an Ion Disruptor? I'm wanting to do some capping for my fleet, and sitting in a Pericles ready to be armed with an Ion Disruptor from smuggling I open the menu and it hits me - this isn't the right fighter! :oops:

Flipside72
x3

Post by Flipside72 » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 06:14

I don't think any of the M3's take ID's, as far as I can remember, M4's maybe the Mako or the Split one.

Personally, I find a Barracuda Vanguard is the baby to put them in, but at over 3 Mill each, they can be a little out of price range at first :(

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 06:30

Who said anything about a price range. Time to scour for a Barracuda with low shields and a weak-hearted pilot. :)

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 06:42

Weeeellll now. in the M3 class:

Any of the Nova class can mount ID's. Or teladi Falcons or Boron Barrcudas. The barracudas dont have rear turrets and I happen to like turrets but the speeds are very nice (142-180spds depending on type). The falcons are MUCH slower (89spd-98spd)(shipyard bought ones anyway) but have massive shielding (1-2x125mw yes....I said 125mw) and have the turrets which I appreciate. Some of the pirate ones have much worse shielding (2-3x25mw I believe) but much better speeds (130spd-137spd) but no turrets again.

In the M4 class:

On the M4 side only the Boron Makos can mount Id's. All of the Makos are very fast (166-257spd depending on the one you buy) but as my enemies post 1.3 seem to be missile happy I cant live without a rear turret. You can target and shoot missiles down yourself and not need the rear turret but you'd better be a decent dogfighter if you want to go this route due to the no turret and 1-3x5mw shields. That's like paper to most of your opponents so the trick is to not get hit.

There's my thoughts on the matter.

Shokai

Replying here too becuase I made a mistake in the original reply and am hoping to catch you before you buy the wrong ship.

Shokai again
I miss Yaguchi Mari

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 07:26

Azordian wrote:What quick fighter ships are capable of mounting an Ion Disruptor? I'm wanting to do some capping for my fleet, and sitting in a Pericles ready to be armed with an Ion Disruptor from smuggling I open the menu and it hits me - this isn't the right fighter! :oops:
I just picked up the Mako. Pretty fast @ 223 maxed out, no mass driver though. 430 or thereabouts for M version.

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 09:34

There's an Excel file with all the ships stats:
http://www.trinityholdings.org.uk/X3Ships.xls
Or as a weblink:
http://www.deadlyshoe.com/x3shipslbl.htm

Darth Malice
x3

Post by Darth Malice » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 12:28

thanks great link, but does anyone know what the catagories " Hardpoints" and "Available Secondaries" mean

Edit

Now i have at least part of my brain out of its alcohol induced sleep I will answer this myself
"Available Secondaries" are missiles and " Hardpoints" I think are the quantity of availabe guns :oops:

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 13:39

scarymonster wrote:thanks great link, but does anyone know what the catagories " Hardpoints" and "Available Secondaries" mean

Edit

Now i have at least part of my brain out of its alcohol induced sleep I will answer this myself
"Available Secondaries" are missiles and " Hardpoints" I think are the quantity of availabe guns :oops:

I'm not laughing at you! Honest....umm....i'm laughing near you! Yeah, that's it.

Shokai
I miss Yaguchi Mari

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”