Wow - Split Invasion force in Boron Home Sector (screenshots to prove it)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dhore
x3tc

Wow - Split Invasion force in Boron Home Sector (screenshots to prove it)

Post by Dhore » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 19:31

Ok all I can say is I stumbled across this quite accidentally BUT OMG !!

Are the Split invading Kingdom End (Boron HomeWorld)??

I was busy scouting around for good trade Prices in KE with my Mercury Trading Missiles to the Equipment dock in Three worlds (Argon).

I decided to check up on the sector map to see if the merc had docked yet and this is what I saw -

http://photobucket.com/albums/c370/Dhor ... n00001.jpg

So I dropped my drink on the floor in amazement at so many Split Military in Argon space - but soon figured that they were heading to the North Gate, which meant they were coming to Kingdom End....

http://photobucket.com/albums/c370/Dhor ... n00002.jpg

I was right....jeeezz was it an invasion or did I upset the split that badly that they sent 25 SHIPS ! to come get me??

I saw that they all seem to be in formation around a Split Dragon, so In fear of being attacked I edged closer very slowly - they didnt head to the East gate in KE - they headed west ! WEIRD so after I figured they weren't after me I set my ship to auto follow the dragon...I got close enought to see the formations - It was awesome - really !

http://photobucket.com/albums/c370/Dhor ... n00006.jpg

I actually followed them for an hour (with the lovely new Boron music) and we had a VERY close encounter with a Boron Orca - I kinda took the SS a bit too late, but believe me - the formation didnt budge - the ORCA changed course.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c370/Dhor ... n00007.jpg

I had to go out for a while so I docked leaving the Split invasion force roaming around ( ALL around) Kingdoms end.....

Any Ideas anyone ? I saved my game there so im gonna head back and see whats happening soon.

Wow. I nearly wet myself - I really thought the Split were invading Boron.
Thx Egosoft - but please someone explain to me whats going on here :)
Last edited by Dhore on Sun, 30. Oct 05, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

spaceweedaddict
x3

Post by spaceweedaddict » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 19:41

SWEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!
"Somewhere between an American Pageant and Starship Troopers! "I want to save the environment, and drown in the blood of our enemies Sir!"
Welcome to the New British Empire!"
--Paranoid66

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 19:43

Told yea guys :wink:

antman112
x4

Post by antman112 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 19:49

i cam accross the argon and boron fighting it out in rolk's legacy
argon force 1-M6 2-M3's
boron force 1-M6 3-M3's 2-M4's and 7-M5's
the borons won but i got some nice swag from the wrecks

thay fight all the time all races will come in if thay win thay will start make mush out of the facs
sorry of any spelling mistakes

Dhore
x3tc

Post by Dhore » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 20:07

This Formation of split just flew around KE tho - didnt attack anyone - tho I must admit I saved my game after an hour of following them all around the sector, and im gonna load it up again now.

Justice321

Post by Justice321 » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 20:12

:o :o :o

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 20:53

I was playing as the broke mercenary in the split M3 and came across a similar scouting force of Boron in split space, an M6 surrounded by 20 odd M5s and 6 M4's. I used my two AHEPT's to annihalate the entire formation, raising me to the rank of split associate.

I was hoping to capture the M6, but ut was crap anyway, the only really dangerous ship i've found is the Nova, that seemingly shoots out its arse, so you can never get away.

Try engaging them in future, the M6 keeps out of the way and the M5s piddly peashooters are no challenge.

:roll:
:)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 21:08

Didn't the boron not like having all them split in their space and send a fleet against them or why didnt the orca engage them on sight? Weird... Seems the ai aint too smart and doesnt think when ships see other ships too much and change there tactics or what there doing depending on the situation.

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 21:20

that's really cool, thanks for showing it :)
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

Dhore
x3tc

Post by Dhore » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 05:12

Well I loaded the save up again and there was the split formation, the I got distracted for 2 mins - last time I saw them they were between the south and east gates. Next thing I know thay had left Kingdoms end - I tried to give chase but I mustve chose the wrong gate first.

Weird tho - the M6 Dragon was only moving at 68 speed im sure it couldnt have got away from me that fast !!

Damn.

handzon
x3tc

Post by handzon » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 06:14

im just wondering is there a way we can prevoke war amoungst the races would be good to see if we could alter the balance of a sector that way and while they duel it out, and trash facts etc, you can move in and build your own not to mention supplying the arms at the same time.
Handzon c.e.o at SPARTRANS TRADING CO.
[ external image ]

Dhore
x3tc

Post by Dhore » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 06:20

Well I guess I couldve attacked the Split Formation when we got close to a Boron military squadron, and then comm'ed then and asked for help. Or a station/M1 or M2...
Maybe I'll go look for that save game and try it....meh 2moro im knackered.

Exx

Post by Exx » Mon, 31. Oct 05, 07:50

Im more impressed by the size of the planet in relation to everything else, seems everything is in proportion. How is travel time though?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”