System Override Software?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wez
x3

System Override Software?

Post by wez » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 11:33

Hello, does anyone know how to use the system override software?

I got mine at a pirate station while i could still dock with it. :)

Thanks for any help with this.

mrgman
x4

Post by mrgman » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 16:21

i have one two no idea what it does ...cost me half my cash as well so figure it must be goog......though i got scanned earlier and told to drop my illegal cargo and the thing is my ship was empty so im thinking maybe this device is illegal?

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 16:25

Yes its illegal.

You can use it to capture ships.
Dont know how though.....

Dunners

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 17:59

With this you can scan the cargo of a ship when you are about 4Km close, but this is an illegal action and may make the ship hostile to you.

Second, if you make a pilot to bail from his ship, don't need to make the spacewalk to claim it, but you can do it inside from your ship if you are about 45-75 m close (depenting of the claimed ship).

juhasuu
x3

Post by juhasuu » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 18:22

You can capture empty ships from your ship so you dont haveto eject and capture it manualy in space suit AND it is ilegal so your reputation will drop and licence is gone if you get scaned so i dont recomend it to be buyed or used.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 18:26

juhasuu wrote:You can capture empty ships from your ship so you dont haveto eject and capture it manualy in space suit AND it is ilegal so your reputation will drop and licence is gone if you get scaned so i dont recomend it to be buyed or used.
Unless you want to be a pirate :p
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 18:31

Am I the only one that thinks this software is quite useful and really shouldn't be illegal unless you can grab control of ships whose pilots haven't bailed??? Otherwise it doesn't make sense. If you kill a pirate your rep will go up, if you cap him, your rep will go down? ....hmmm

mbthegreat
x3tc

Post by mbthegreat » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 18:46

its only illegal if you get caught :D

just eject when scanned and get back in

Kvalyr
x4

Post by Kvalyr » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 19:00

Is the minor convenience afforded by it really worth 0.6mil though?
I've claimed ships in the middle of firefights with relative ease and I don't find the process of claiming to be so tiresome as to warrant paying 600k to all-but remove the process..

I was expecting the System Override Software to allow me to cap a ship with its pilot still in it (forced ejection :P) when I'm within 30m or so.
That sounds like it'd make capping too easy, but you try staying within 30m of a moving Demeter without crashing into it, nevermind a Buster, Harrier or Discoverer and then try it in a firefight.. I think it'd be pretty fun to try to cap ships that way.
I'd much prefer if that's how it worked, even if it pushed the price of the software up to a mil or so, but I guess I'll just have to put up with it as it is.

Sagan
x4

Post by Sagan » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 19:05

I can't understand (or believe) they added this 'feature' <sigh>

Having to eject to claim a ship... What was wrong with the old system??... Pilot bails, ship is yours... simple and elegant. Seems to me the 'Having to eject to claim a ship' has been added for the sake of it. So someone, somewhere can claim 'Oh look!!... extra gameplay!!'

IMO it's a retrograde step... The old system was not broke, why fix it??
I'd much rather regret the things I've done, than regret those I haven't.

joebeard
x3

Post by joebeard » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 19:08

I prefer this version, for a start, as the ship isn't yours till you claim it the other enemies still around won't shoot it to pieces before you can send it to a station. In X2 I lost countless ships because they became mine in the middle of a firefight.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 19:17

THat's why they did it I think. So that the ship doesn't get shot to pieces. Which is REALLY a nice touch. I just don't think the capture software should be illegal, just more expensive.

SoothSayer
x4

Post by SoothSayer » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 19:30

Sagan wrote: 'Having to eject to claim a ship' has been added for the sake of it. So someone, somewhere can claim 'Oh look!!... extra gameplay!!'

WingC3 wrote: THat's why they did it I think. So that the ship doesn't get shot to pieces.
I'm thinking Sagan had it right the first time. If it were an issue of destroyed captures, then Egosoft could have simply added a command in the menu called "claim ship" This would allow your cap'd ships to stay anonymous until you decide (or in the case of combat, were able to) claim them, and you would stay in the safety of your own ship.

This smells like, as Sagan put it, "...extra gameplay". But then they come up with "Systems Overide Softare", which allows you to take control without leaving your ship. OH...Great idea. Well not exactly...this Systems Overide Software is ILLEGAL, and you will lost ratings and be attacked if you have this on board. (bought at Pirate Bases)

RL

mbthegreat
x3tc

Post by mbthegreat » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 19:39

you know seems a good idea to buy a game before offering an opinion on it

in any case I will hear no evil against the software for I did spend alot of money on it

SoothSayer
x4

Post by SoothSayer » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 19:50

mbthegreat wrote:
you know seems a good idea to buy a game before offering an opinion on it

in any case I will hear no evil against the software for I did spend alot of money on it
See there...that's the thing with forums. Anyone gets to speak (no matter how ignorant), and the others must listen. I received X3 today and I too spent "alot of money on it". And I didn't express an option, but rather commented on the other two options.

Anyway, kudos to you (mbthegreat) for standing in the Egosoft/Deepsilver/Enlight's corner, god knows they need it with the beating their taking upon the release of X3.

RL

Kvalyr
x4

Post by Kvalyr » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 20:03

I like having to eject and claim the ships manually, it adds a stronger feeling of accomplishment to a capture, especially when you've just capped something after a difficult firefight.

mbthegreat
x3tc

Post by mbthegreat » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 20:15

my apologies rclloyd, however please register your game (from your profile) so as to avoid future confusion

Hoops71
x3

Post by Hoops71 » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 22:23

Gah! What a waste of cash! Just bought this steaming pile of cack thinking Id somehow be able to cap ships without a fight...what a plonker! Now all I get are police ships chasing me all over the Universe! Can it be sold?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 22:39

I had hoped the Override System Software ship extension was going to be an "offical" X3 version of LVs Pirate Hacking commands - really liked that script.

If it IS purely a slighty quicker way to capture ships it's tremendously overpriced in my opinion. I mean, park within 30m of the empty ship, jump out, claim it, jump back in again - that's like 10 seconds!

Here's hoping there are great things to come regarding the Override Software.

Scoob.

reaper8654
x4

Post by reaper8654 » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 05:38

Well I wasted 600k on this and then got scanned in Ore Belt with it on.....and had to eject it to stop them shooting me into little pieces of space garbage :evil: Why on earth is it illigal?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”