Damn SQUASH mines...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PowerPC603
xr

Damn SQUASH mines...

Post by PowerPC603 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 21:04

I've got a Teladi Buzzard, fully upgraded and 4 B.IREs at weapongroup 1 and 2 B.PACs at group 2 and 3x5MJ shields and tried to got capping a bit, as my finances are a little low (150.000) after buying an entire complex.

I went to Split Fire and saw that the only station there (don't remember which one) was under attack by pirates (2x M5 and 1X M4).

I destroyed the M4 without much problems, then after recharging my weapons, I attacked the M5's, which were already attacking me.

Well, just before I killed the last M5, a Khaak Cluster shows up and breaks apart, when the locale forces attacked it.
http://users.pandora.be/vge/X3/x3screen00031.jpg

I took out a few KM5's using missiles, from a safe distance (5-6km).

After my missiles ran out (they shot them down if they saw them coming :evil: ), half the cluster was still alive, locale police was destroyed and the entire swarm came after me.
I managed to survive without hull-damage (lowest shield status was about 2%), I even killed the KM3 with my Buzzard.
I even got promoted after taking on that cluster.

After that, I took off and ran into a SQUASH mine: THE END.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”