Okracoates Storm is not fun!!! POSSIBLE SPOILERS WITHIN

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hotpot
x3

Okracoates Storm is not fun!!! POSSIBLE SPOILERS WITHIN

Post by Hotpot » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:42

The mission can try the patience of a ******* Goner priest! You can't use Salvage Insurance, the nooks and crevices that you have to navigate are far too critical whilst avoiding the ever questing sensor beams. Playing through for an hour on that mission and then having to start from scratch again is JUST NOT FUN!! I'm supposed to be having fun and I'm not! I'm abandoning the plot until there is a way that I can bypass this inordinately frustrating mission. Is there a trick to it? Because if there is, I'm missing it.

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:48

took me a single go. With the beams you edd to watch and time it right, with the narrow bith go into external view and remeber that you are taller than you are wide (drone size) I managed to get through the thing hitting the side once i think, only took me like 5-10min as well
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:52

First time I tried it, after the cut scene and just as you get control of the drone - it started spinning wildly all by itself & blew up - happened for each drone.

Started again and crept my way through it using the external view where needed.

Still, my leasy favourite mission.

Scoob

Hotpot
x3

Post by Hotpot » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:58

Edited for swearing TSM

I did the switch to external view at crucial moments but the bastard beams got me must be somewhere near the end. Two of the tossers are criss-crossing a chamber and from your safe vantage point, you cannot exactly see where you have to go. I am usually very patient but the lack of ability to save took me back to the ridiculously frustrating games on the Atari ST in the 80's when the compounded stress and elevated aggression levels in my body eventually resulted in my HAIR FALLING OUT! So I think I'll swerve away from the plot for now or instead of looking like VIN DIESEL, I'll look like a DIESEL VAN.

AfroOfDoom
x3

Post by AfroOfDoom » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:40

It's worth noting that you can ram the walls to your hearts content without exploding, so just focus on avoiding the lasers.
Being as this is a BHEPT, the most powerful laser in the galaxy, and would blow your cockpit clean off. You have to ask yourself one question; "Do I feel lucky?".

Well, do ya? Punk.

Ralon
x3tc

Post by Ralon » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:47

i found this mission easy and finished it in 5 mins. I just went full speed through the lasers and used the strafe to manouver.
Knowledge is Power and in a universe where knowledge is everything, power is the result!

DanishEagle
x3tc

Post by DanishEagle » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:47

I took me a little while to get the hang of it, but i managed on the last drone, when i found out just how usefull the strafedrive is when you have to avoid the lasers.
Proud associate of SAS
I want Susie found. Then hung from a tree, shot and gutted, together with her purple dinosaur.
(yup, i played that game too)

Tranzdog
x4

Post by Tranzdog » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:53

YEP I hated this one too!! I was REALLY Peved at it. BUT it can be done. Find a 7 year old to do it for you. If you do not have one around- I did not- just take your time-- The beam that is right over one of the manhole looking thing is the one your looking for, the manhole is open, Shoot in there- you have about 10 to 13 seconds by my count, then just keep trucking along. It feels GOOD when you do finish it BUT IF there are any more like it I might flip out.

Puddin
x3tc

Post by Puddin » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 06:14

where is this place???? i am clueless

keithanlyn
x3

Post by keithanlyn » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 06:34

when i did this mission i only had a cave view with no other indicators so i had to use the mouse pointer in the middle of the screen as a guide.
Took me about an hour to complete brushing a wall killed me dead had to be so careful at tunnel entrances. Be warned the rest of the plot is either just as frustrating or consists of wandering from one place to another for no apparent reason then you get trapped in a sector at the end i would wait for a patch before playing further trust me it ruined my game.
can anybody lend me 2000 quid for a new computer

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 06:57

Tranzdog wrote:YEP I hated this one too!! I was REALLY Peved at it. BUT it can be done. Find a 7 year old to do it for you. If you do not have one around- I did not- just take your time-- The beam that is right over one of the manhole looking thing is the one your looking for, the manhole is open, Shoot in there- you have about 10 to 13 seconds by my count, then just keep trucking along. It feels GOOD when you do finish it BUT IF there are any more like it I might flip out.
stay tuned then for future fun - aka mission 8 (or is it 7).

Calantyr

Post by Calantyr » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 07:56

Be patient, use the strafe drive, time when the beams will leave an opening and speed through, and of course remember how big the drone model actually is. You can't die from ramming, so hug the walls as much as you like if you need to.

I thought I'd have to re-do it once or twice but I managed to speed through in no time at all on the first go. The only mission that really annoys me is the pleasure complex. It's like a sodding maze.

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 12:23

Came to this point last night and straight away flew purposely into the beams just to see what happened.
After that just took my time on a few of the trickier ones and watched for a clean window where it was safe to fly through. Most of them are easy, and just matter of flying through using some strafing, at the right time. If you having problems best thing to do is (take some timeout if p***ed off) take a while on each one and learn the beams movement as there are windows of opportunity on each one.
where is this place???? i am clueless
Goto Paranid Prime, then its south, west, south

nomad2k3
x3

Post by nomad2k3 » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 13:25

isnt too hard if you take your time, to be honest i think the first dual beams were the hardest
AMD64 X2 4400+ @ 4800+
2 gig (dual chan) corsair pc4000 xms
2x gigabyte 7800gtx (sli)
gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-SLI
3xWestern Digital Caviar SE 250GB SATAII
3 months hard graft, and many funny looks from GF :D

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 13:32

i think the first dual beams were the hardest
Yeah I found this also, when got through them, thought 'what next' but was fine with the rest of it

Fusey
x3tc

Post by Fusey » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 13:34

Scoob wrote:First time I tried it, after the cut scene and just as you get control of the drone - it started spinning wildly all by itself & blew up - happened for each drone.
I got this as well... yet another bug :(

Reloaded and didnt happen the second time..

Funniest thing about this mission is the first set of beams you have to get past are actually the hardest :p

The rest is just boring.

Fusey

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 13:39

Calantyr wrote:Be patient, use the strafe drive, time when the beams will leave an opening and speed through, and of course remember how big the drone model actually is. You can't die from ramming, so hug the walls as much as you like if you need to.
You can die from ramming - I did. Though that may be because, just before I died, I got the lovely message 'One MegaWatt shield..... Destroyed

THESPEEKER
x3tc

Post by THESPEEKER » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 21:15

Help needed please>>
When you have got through the beams where do you head for?
i headed straight through the last two pillars
and sayo says take it slow which i did but all that is in front of me now is wall? wheres the exit please..
Sacred Geometry where movement is Poetry....

[ external image ]

THESPEEKER
x3tc

Post by THESPEEKER » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 00:56

OK no one replyed :(
So i went back a few pages and found part of the answer posted by alevel17
thks
Now i went through the first tube then up a 2nd then weaved my way through more rock and have now come to another beam sensor that is going back and forth like a fan(going from side to side not up and down)HOW do i pass this please what direction do i go?

This is getting so FRUSTRATING i've pulled all my bloody hair out trying to do this bl**dy mission.

[ external image ]

THESPEEKER
x3tc

Post by THESPEEKER » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 01:38

*BUMP*

[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”