Unbiased Poll about The Pride of Albion vs multiple ships - Part II

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What would you prefer?

I like the idea to fly only one kind of ship and be able to upgrade it.
38%
I like to be able to buy and fly any ships like the old days
62%

Total votes: 1452

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 18:51

hourheroyes wrote:I think people are forgetting that M5/4/3's are fighter type craft--they would ONLY have a cockpit, and their cockpit would only be big enough for one pilot with little movement.

The Skunk's cockpit is roomy enough for two people to move around in, and the ship itself has two or three extra rooms. That is certainly bigger than an M3, and seems fitting for a corvette size.
Sure, but it also should have engines, fuel tanks, cargo hold, weapon system, drone bay and other stuff. And from how it looks it seems that interiors are 90% of exterior size. And they are not as big - so where is everything else?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 19:51

They are not going to spoil the whole ship in a demo. The Skunk carries around 5 hired NPCs, one of them is the commander of the boarding party, you will need to upgrade or install new modules to use those NPCs. At 43 x 28 x 15m the Skunk is comparable to a fast attack craft like this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _Hanko.JPG

Of course you have to rebuild the ship, and expect the plot to reward you with the upgrades to make that possible.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

triplecrownroyal

Post by triplecrownroyal » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 20:53

santi wrote:They are not going to spoil the whole ship in a demo. The Skunk carries around 5 hired NPCs, one of them is the commander of the boarding party, you will need to upgrade or install new modules to use those NPCs. At 43 x 28 x 15m the Skunk is comparable to a fast attack craft like this one:

Of course you have to rebuild the ship, and expect the plot to reward you with the upgrades to make that possible.
Plot based progression makes me sad

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 21:28

triplecrownroyal wrote:
santi wrote:snip...
I rather do a mission and get the goods, that scrounge for hours for the money to get an upgrade, and then be the wrong upgrade at that.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 22:04

triplecrownroyal wrote:
santi wrote:They are not going to spoil the whole ship in a demo. The Skunk carries around 5 hired NPCs, one of them is the commander of the boarding party, you will need to upgrade or install new modules to use those NPCs. At 43 x 28 x 15m the Skunk is comparable to a fast attack craft like this one:

A small price to play to learn how to play the game. 20-30 hours, out of several 1000, after all.

Securion

Post by Securion » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 16:43

Im not going to bother with the plot. I'll dive right into building my company up; Mining, trading, stations, maybe a small security force if the mechanics of resupply and equipping stuff dont drive me crazy.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 17:35

There was actually game called Darkstar one time ago that i actually liked even it was pretty straight forward game. Never finished it and now i cant even get it to work....
But yeah upgrading ship to certain point is good but if i think i can upgrade m6 type ship if to M2 would be just plain :roll:

Just my 50 credits
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”