Ask Bernd *One* Question - The New Thread (See all 3 Sets of Q & A's)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 13:06

Général Grievous wrote:There is a lot of sectors in X3. I suppose that each sector is a little place of a entire solar system.
will we have the same number of sectors / solar systems in X-Rebirth? or some sectors we actually know in X3, won't be in Rebirth?
The entire map structure is completely different, as explained in the last part of the Navigation and universe design sticky thread at the top of the forum. It doesn't really make sense to compare the number of "sectors" in the two games, but the names of some locations will be familiar while those of others will not.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 13:10

strude wrote:How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Bernd wrote:As much wood as a woodchuck would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
Spoiler
Show
Totally fictive... Bernd did not answer this question
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Shrewd135

Post by Shrewd135 » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 18:06

OK here is my question...

Of all the scripts that have to be completed for the game... What percentage are completed now?

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:45

You should probably define "completed" to have this question answered.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:56

Are we going to be able to build self sustaining space station/complex and are we going to be able to connect stations together like for example wheat farm and water purification station ( we know ice/water are going to be one of main resources)?????
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:56

Shrewd135 wrote:OK here is my question...

Of all the scripts that have to be completed for the game... What percentage are completed now?
A feature may require more or less scripts to run (not to mention libraries), so I doubt they know the total count before the end.
Right on commander !

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 13. Mar 13, 21:59

The count is also quite meaningless because many scripts have 1 line launcher scripts and others are broken down into maybe 10 or 20 different parts even though it is only one script... like the universe trader.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 17:46

Question:

Will ships have the same design in the entire game or will they be differents design / styles for each races like in X3?

i ask that because all the ships we saw in the screenshots have the same "design" and "sytle". :roll:

thanks you.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Uncatchable Joe

Post by Uncatchable Joe » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 22:05

My question to Bernd is:
Tell about galaxy map. I want to know in detail how it will look like? Will it be more like in TC or like in Mass Effect? Will in be beautiful and handy enough for long range navigation?

Shrewd135

Post by Shrewd135 » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 02:46

Gazz wrote:The count is also quite meaningless because many scripts have 1 line launcher scripts and others are broken down into maybe 10 or 20 different parts even though it is only one script... like the universe trader.
I get that. But it is not meaningless... it provides an objective number to be ranked against... verses a linquistic answer like ... "oh sort of done."

Numerical answers can be finely tuned and you can track some progress...

1 to 100....

we are now on 40... Big change in your perception of where we are at right? It told you so much in a single number...

every one of those single line scripts will still need to be written...

so if it is 1000 total... and you are on 335 today... and in 4 days you are on 450 that shows progress...

Funny, microsoft even calls it the "PROGRESS BAR" and has exactly this implementation in applications all around the world... this same feature has been implemented everywhere at every level of education and government... but of course.. I am wrong.

Dupin

Post by Dupin » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 23:39

I think many pilots are interested in such thing as mining. In general, it would be interesting to know about asteroids and about model of destruction them. It would be great to use voxels for these purposes, may be you agree with me? :roll:

BarskiPatzow

Post by BarskiPatzow » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 19:57

I have a question. Since we will be able to upgrade the player ship, I wanted to ask this: will the upgrades influence the class of the ship it is (frigate, cruiser...), its model, size and role in combat...? Im not sure if there was a simillar question already... :?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 21:04

THis was already answered in the Gamescon interview.
Bernd wrote:
So, what I can definitely say, is that it will change heavily during the game. You will naturally begin with a different ship than the one you will end with. And there are many systems you can upgrade and a lot of drones – those I already mentioned last year –, which will make you much stronger, in a tactical sense as well. A part of the balancing that was so far done by giving you access to new ships will now be done by upgrading your ship.
Additionally, you will be able to use larger vessels later on, although you cannot pilot them yourself. They will, let's say, assist you in tactical combat, in war. There is also a large difference regarding how powerful your ship is in normal combat at the beginning and in the middle of the plot.
It will never be a capital ship. The things you can do with a capital ship – like winning a war or attacking a station – you will never be able to do with the player ship. That's not the goal.
But your ship's combat strength will be upgraded by several margins – not by a factor of two or three, but by a factor of ten or even fifty. Solely by receiving missile systems, new primary weapons and new drones and by upgrading shields and hull.
Right on commander !

BarskiPatzow

Post by BarskiPatzow » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 21:17

That is what made me ask the question. I understand ship will be stronger and it will advance, but what size will the ship be? Will those upgrades change how the ship is classified (if it is a fighter on start, can it grow to a corvette with upgrades), will upgrades heavily impact the way it looks or will it be a corvette from start and stay in that class till the end but its combat abilities will be changed trough upgrades merely in stats, weapon slots.... I hope that what I write is understandable, i tend to... sound strange :D :?

Noahdilweed
xr

Post by Noahdilweed » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 21:32

Can you answer this question?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 22:12

BarskiPatzow wrote:That is what made me ask the question. I understand ship will be stronger and it will advance, but what size will the ship be?
There are several threads about this. The Albion is a light corvette ( It has a crew, several rooms and so on) from the start and it will not change externally.
Right on commander !

BarskiPatzow

Post by BarskiPatzow » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 22:25

I tried to find that information, seems I didn't look hard enough :D thanks :) :oops:

Xiombargdei
x3ap

Post by Xiombargdei » Thu, 28. Mar 13, 11:30

Why dont you post Developpers Diaries as so many game companies do ?

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 05:12

How are areas separated? Can we completely avoid the highway system and travel without it? (realizing this would be lengthy, but is the option available?)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 11:32

@ Jawms: Going by this, I would say that you should be able to go the slow way wherever you want within systems (a local system having many different areas of interest) without using the faster Local Highway, but you might have to use the Super Highways (and/or gates?) to travel between different systems because of the time spent in transit otherwise.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”