Ask Bernd *One* Question - The New Thread (See all 3 Sets of Q & A's)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 22:12

BarskiPatzow wrote:That is what made me ask the question. I understand ship will be stronger and it will advance, but what size will the ship be?
There are several threads about this. The Albion is a light corvette ( It has a crew, several rooms and so on) from the start and it will not change externally.
Right on commander !

BarskiPatzow

Post by BarskiPatzow » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 22:25

I tried to find that information, seems I didn't look hard enough :D thanks :) :oops:

Xiombargdei
x3ap

Post by Xiombargdei » Thu, 28. Mar 13, 11:30

Why dont you post Developpers Diaries as so many game companies do ?

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 05:12

How are areas separated? Can we completely avoid the highway system and travel without it? (realizing this would be lengthy, but is the option available?)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 11:32

@ Jawms: Going by this, I would say that you should be able to go the slow way wherever you want within systems (a local system having many different areas of interest) without using the faster Local Highway, but you might have to use the Super Highways (and/or gates?) to travel between different systems because of the time spent in transit otherwise.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Mon, 1. Apr 13, 16:19

Xiombargde wrote:" Why dont you post Developpers Diaries as so many game companies do ? "
It's been suggested many times but ES don't seem interested in doing things that way or maybe they're too busy or have some kind of crazy strict NDA reminder taped to their workstations.

The only welcoming thought continues to be the fact that the longer it takes, the sooner it's ready!
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

Lemril
x4

Post by Lemril » Mon, 1. Apr 13, 21:25

Hi, I dont think that this was ask, but will X-Rebird support dual monitor?

To have, for exemple, map, control display (drones, ship,..) on the other screen.

Xiombargdei
x3ap

Post by Xiombargdei » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 10:04

cobra mk2 wrote:It's been suggested many times but ES don't seem interested in doing things that way or maybe they're too busy or have some kind of crazy strict NDA reminder taped to their workstations.
Well, they dont seem interested in doing anything actually hmm ? It is very strange in 2013 to not be willing to communicate at this point.

On the NDA point, I tend to valorize the exact opposite behavior.
- Is Egosoft afraid that another game company steal their ideas ? **** them and show how Egosoft is going to do it better.
- Is Egosoft afraid that their game is not what their playerbase is waiting for ? Then discuss and show materials to adapt the game developpement and meet expectations.
- Does Egosoft think that no communication and secrecy is the way to success ? In 2013 it is the exact opposite.

I can not think of any good reasons to keep materials away from players' viewing.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 10:32

Lemril wrote:Hi, I dont think that this was ask, but will X-Rebird support dual monitor?

To have, for exemple, map, control display (drones, ship,..) on the other screen.
It was already asked and answered in the big Gamescom interview.
Question:
Will Multi-Monitoring be supported?

Bernd:
So you mean real Multi-Monitors, thus..

Interjection:
I think in the direction like that you place the Universe Map or so on another Monitor, like in X2

Bernd:
In X2 that worked, but it is no longer supported specially because we don’t have those virtual Screens anymore. And we still don’t have them, so we integrated everything in the Cockpit. What we can do with relative ease is to support unusual Resolutions, and therefore such ones as those who stretch over multiple Monitors. But in any case there will not be those free configurable Virtual Screens, where you have for example HUD elements on another Monitor.
Xiombargdei wrote:Well, they dont seem interested in doing anything actually hmm ? It is very strange in 2013 to not be willing to communicate at this point.
They just posted three videos about the development of X Rebirth. CBJ posts regularly in this forum and also Bernd stopped by, when the videos were released.
Xiombargdei wrote:I can not think of any good reasons to keep materials away from players' viewing.
I cannot think of any good reason to keep ignoring the devs and everything they post on the one side, but keep complaining that they would ignore us on the other side, and yet people still do it.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 4. Apr 13, 10:57

Will attacking AI use a vector system to intercept their chosen target, or will they still use the current, 'fly towards the selected target', in a rather unrealistic game of follow my leader?

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 17:38

I am just gobsmacked at how large this game will essentially be.

I have two questions AND I Really would appreciate if these get answered.

When entering a "super highway" will the transition be smooth without a loading screen, e.g i am at earth and i want to go to the moon, will traveling there by entering a super highway have a loading screen or will it be smooth transition?, I.e actually observing the moon come closer and then coming out of the highway.

my second question is this, If I decide to fly full speed in the direction of a planet i can see in the background, will I eventually reach it or is the only way to travel to another celestial body require the need of superhighways and jump drives?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 17:46

theeclownbroze wrote:I am just gobsmacked at how large this game will essentially be.

I have two questions AND I Really would appreciate if these get answered.

When entering a "super highway" will the transition be smooth without a loading screen, e.g i am at earth and i want to go to the moon, will traveling there by entering a super highway have a loading screen or will it be smooth transition?, I.e actually observing the moon come closer and then coming out of the highway.

my second question is this, If I decide to fly full speed in the direction of a planet i can see in the background, will I eventually reach it or is the only way to travel to another celestial body require the need of superhighways and jump drives?
I want to know the answer on your first question too, will the highway be smooth, or will there be a loading?
The second question: You could travel closer to planets even in X2. But getting too close would make you die because of atmosphere.
Try yourself, get a fast M5 and fly directly to planet and activate SETA.

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 17:52

What sort of income/hour can we expect for dancing in Teladi bars?

thesus1
x4

Post by thesus1 » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 18:09

You will in the Gamescom this year ? The ticket shop are opened and your presence can influence me for buy a pass.
I know is very early

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 18:49

^yes yes i know about x2 how you could go to another planet or actually go close to it, in 2006 i did this in sector home of light and went near the blown up asteroid or planet and died, in argon prime i went all the way around argon prime planet and crashed into the atmosphere on the other side!

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 19:08

Is this still going?

If so, here's my questions. Please answer seriously.

Will there be any hot alien anthropomorphic females?

I ask because X3 AP blew up the single hot character in the game in the intro, making it a bore to interact with the less hot "females". I say females, because I can't really tell the difference.

A good example follows below:

Boron today:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/budgetar ... pets-b.gif

Boron tomorrow?
http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/ ... 199067.jpg

While todays boron does win in personality and highpitched whining , the more streamlined boron allows for eyecandy and other stuff which I need when managing my giant spaceempire.

So yeah.

Hot aliens.

Or at least, can you make a DLC?

Sorta like a X Rebirth: Dead or Alive in space, since I want to see what how zero gravity works on stuff.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 19:39

theeclownbroze wrote:^yes yes i know about x2 how you could go to another planet or actually go close to it, in 2006 i did this in sector home of light and went near the blown up asteroid or planet and died, in argon prime i went all the way around argon prime planet and crashed into the atmosphere on the other side!
I was able to survive the atmosphere in overtuned Valhalla in TC, did you know that the planets are physical? When you get close you will crash like if it was normal object. Unfortunately my Valhalla exploded, since I crashed the planet with only about 5% hull left.

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 21:07

i didn't know in TC planets were really there?, i thought they were baked into the background shader wtf?, what planet did you crash into then?, because i try'd doing that and no matter how far i went the planet was still looking like it was the same distance..

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 21:30

It´s easy, get a Kestrel or Jaguar Raider and fly to a sector that is very close to a planet, example Family Pride or Kingdom´s end. Then just fly in front of the planet and use SETA. Or even better, try flying around the planet, atmosphere is quite huge and you might die before spotting the difference! I might upload a video on youtube, maybe flying around the Moon? :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 23:56

If you want to have an 'atmospheric experience', simply jump to Split Fire and fly a few km behind one of the gates. You're that close to the planet in that sector. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”