Ask Bernd *One* Question - The New Thread (See all 3 Sets of Q & A's)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 10. May 13, 12:54

About Stock Exchange, will be there in X:Rebirth?
No, there won't. A quote from the Q/A session with Bernd from the last X-Universe News:
Will there be a Stock Exchange, as in Albion Prelude?
First of all, we try to reduce features that a very complicated and need a lot of menus to ones that are easy to use. During that process we deliberately omit things too.
Although I'm a big fan of the Stock Exchange in X3: Albion Prelude, there won't be something like that in X Rebirth, when it will be released. However, that doesn't mean that we might not find a solution for that later, for example in an extension. The interface would be different then, though.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

harold5187
xr

Reply to Ask Bernd

Post by harold5187 » Sat, 11. May 13, 23:59

Will you please please please include an option to play free sandbox without the campaign activated in which we can still work for and enjoy all the content through trading etc, that others that complete the campaigns may get? I've played all the games since XBTF, but the campaigns are too hard, and some players just want to trade freestyle, without the missions. This feature would be so awesome.
Create a game for money and you will fail; Create a game from your heart, and the money will follow!

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Re: Reply to Ask Bernd

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Sun, 12. May 13, 12:47

harold5187 wrote:Will you please please please include an option to play free sandbox without the campaign activated in which we can still work for and enjoy all the content through trading etc, that others that complete the campaigns may get? I've played all the games since XBTF, but the campaigns are too hard, and some players just want to trade freestyle, without the missions. This feature would be so awesome.
The idea of this opus, one of the goal, is to open the game for a larger public with a campaign and a copilote too explain the differents sides of the game. So i think that they did an interesting and not impossible or/and boring campaign.

I hope that they succeed in, because i agree with you, the campaign of X3 : Reunion was a failure. Impossible to find plot, no reminder or possibility to see what we have to do, where we have to go, and remember this information when we decide to trade a bit or chase some pirate to make some money.

Luckey5
x4

Post by Luckey5 » Mon, 13. May 13, 06:10

Hello I just wanted to ask how many systems there will be in rebirth, and will there be more or less than in x3tc?

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Mon, 13. May 13, 07:14

You should change that to how many systems in X rebirth. ;)

DiabloTigerSix

Post by DiabloTigerSix » Mon, 13. May 13, 11:17

What is the damage model going to be like? Will we be able to damage multiple parts of hull and see pieces of hull plating falling off. Will the "health" of a ship depend on the state of its critical systems, like life support, power reactor, ammo/oxygen storage or are we going to see ships with health bars again?

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 13. May 13, 12:03

DiabloTigerSix wrote:What is the damage model going to be like? Will we be able to damage multiple parts of hull and see pieces of hull plating falling off. Will the "health" of a ship depend on the state of its critical systems, like life support, power reactor, ammo/oxygen storage or are we going to see ships with health bars again?
I think it's already been answered, or details given somewhere (stickies?). You will be able to damage ship modules and target engines, weapons, shields, blabla etc...
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 13. May 13, 12:16

squirrelrider wrote:I think it's already been answered, or details given somewhere (stickies?). You will be able to damage ship modules and target engines, weapons, shields, blabla etc...
yes its in the stickies but people never read those (I've seen several questions/threads that imply that)
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

DiabloTigerSix

Post by DiabloTigerSix » Mon, 13. May 13, 12:34

Jumee wrote:
squirrelrider wrote:I think it's already been answered, or details given somewhere (stickies?). You will be able to damage ship modules and target engines, weapons, shields, blabla etc...
yes its in the stickies but people never read those (I've seen several questions/threads that imply that)
I know of that, but that's not what I'm asking. I was asking about the ship's overall health and how it's going to be represented. It would be a pity if we got healthbars that are drained on any hull hit at any place.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 13. May 13, 15:11

It would be nice to have some kind of armor...I mean, when you run out of shields, you won´t be losing hull and equipment...because you will still have some kind of armor plating.

It was extremly annoying in older games, once you lost all shields, you had to reload older savegame, because when you lose shields, your weapons/shields will get destroyed after the very very first hull percent lost. Funny how NPC ships had still full equipment even after frying them with IonDs for few seconds, but your huge capital ship loses two PPCs after getting a single IRE hit.

Thus, AP was extremly unfair against player. While all ships got double or triple hull boost, this doesn´t help player in any way.

It´s just another buff to NPCs. As if overpowered missiles, unlimited ammo, unlimited wallet and huge overnumbering wasn´t enough.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. May 13, 15:34

That is effectively the same as another set of shields, only these ones are destroyed (removed) when depleted.

Actually NPCs in vanilla X3 needed those advantages to balance the things that the Player could do that NPCs could not (eg strafe, board, charge shots, barrage, insta-dock, insta-jump, reload, etc). I perhaps agree that the onset threshold for ship equipment damage (and what was damaged) needed to be looked at though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

powerbard
x3tc

Post by powerbard » Tue, 21. May 13, 06:30

I understand that the main goal for everyone right now is to get the full, fixed up and running game out to the people foaming at the mouth, but the mention of the possibility of doing DLC's or such after release would maybe be an option. This leads me to my hypothetical question...
Is there a chance that the option to host a game on your own computer and allow your friends to join into your game could be considered? Something akin to the way Minecraft's server settings work. I understand the financial and time overview, but now that we have kickstarter I believe both of those issues would be solved on their own if the demand was or wasn't there enough to accomplish the goal. I know quite a few of us would love to give you our proffffffitsssssssss :D This would also, if it were achieved, not impact the single players out there unless an extra menu button for MP is inconvenient.
I know it's a dead horse subject, but honestly the only real reasons I keep hearing "no" on the forums, is the time and money, which the time is equated in money also.. so if the whole issue is money and an unknown player base, kickstarter would let the whole playerbase choose for themselves if they accomplish the goal, and when anyone asks from then on, you tried and not enough people were into it, and the funds weren't available. Otherwise, there is a great playerbase and the idea is superb and we, the players, made it happen! Not asking for a definitive answer, but more of a, "this could or couldn't be something we would look into" answer.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 22. May 13, 13:56

Of course I want DLCs! God, yes! I stopped playing COD, BF, even WoT, now I focus on X, I want DLCs! The more, the better. Not to forget about quality, of course, but Iam not afraid about that because EGO never dissapointed meh.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”