Rebirth release date. - Part 2

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Notchi
x3tc

Post by Notchi » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 09:11

eladan wrote: From this post in the long, long ago*:
CBJ wrote:As many of you have guessed already, we're not now going to hit our previously-stated target of releasing in 2012. There are various reasons for this, but it's just an accumulation of additional work (something quite common in game development especially when a whole new engine is involved) not some major problem that we've run into.
* 3 months seems an eternity in this thread.
3 months since that post... 1 year and 5 months since the start of that thread.
Heh, just read the first few posts in that thread... poor optimistic bastards. It would be nice if they could give out a RD soon, and I hope that it hits either q2 or at the latest q3.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 09:48

Incubi wrote:CBJ having had no sleep for months trying to keep up with kitchen spams, freaked out and broke the coffee pot over his head. This resulted in no coffee or pizza. Meanwhile someone decided to make some drastic changes to the game.
That post I quoted did say "not some major problem". :wink:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 10:46

Incubi wrote:This resulted in no coffee or pizza.
:O

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 11:42

Developing a full engine from scratch is a hard work that may take 5 years with ease.

Problem is that you can't start working on assets until engine is more or less finished (at least hardest parts of it - architecture and infrastructure). And only when you got enough assets you may start working on logic.

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

Post by Rabiator der II. » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 12:01

Windows Vista comes to mind. Microsoft wanted to do a lot of new things. They ended up with four years of delay and only part of the planned new features.
Gazz in the LT forum:
In X3, piracy is not implemented at all. All the "pirates" that fly around are bands of roaming psychopaths that destroy everything they see without even trying to loot anything.

Voyadjyer
x4

Post by Voyadjyer » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 13:39

no news. No screenshots. no release date. again
Russian Federation

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 13:53

Release date: 2013-∞. Guys, deal with it.

EDIT: Fixed maximum release date
Last edited by Earth Ultimatum IV. on Tue, 26. Feb 13, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

hobsyllwin
x4

Post by hobsyllwin » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 14:01

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Release date: 2013-. Guys, deal with it.
Fix.! ;)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 15:00

Fixed!

snwboardn21
x4

Post by snwboardn21 » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 15:18

Incubi wrote:The delay could be a good thing, like making some core changed to the game as a result of feedback from the fans. They may be mourning the loss of a favorite pizza guy, or the coffee machine broke, bringing productivity to a halt.
I was thinking the same thing... Probably more wishful thinking. They had the core game read the forums and said, "damn they want this and this, we'd better add some of this stuff in."

The reality of it is probably not that though. I don't think we have hit critical mass yet but I really cannot think of a game that was delayed multiple years that came out well for the long time fans.

Some examples...
Diablo 3, IL-2 COD, Duke Nukem
"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 16:30

Yeah.... Both dukenukem and d3 were made by a mess of different people then the previous ones, so they failed for some obvious reasons.
One is.... the people who had the great design skills & vision were long gone.

ES is the same company and, I believe, mostly the same people who made the previous ones; might even be more of em now.
Thing is.... now, they don't have to build on the previous games; they get to make a whole new one.

So.... here's hoping it's epic! :)
Editing posts since long before I remember.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 18:03

CBJ can you tell if rebirth is in Alpha or beta stage?
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 18:29

No, I'm afraid I can't tell you that. We're all still working hard on it, though, and making good progress.

thesus1
x4

Post by thesus1 » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 18:31

CBJ, your NDA is very very strict :evil:

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 18:34

CBJ wrote:No, I'm afraid I can't tell you that. We're all still working hard on it, though, and making good progress.
WOW some good news about game for a change :o
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 18:36

that would be pretty funny if in the end deep silver go's "huh? whaaa? what NDA?!?!

EGOSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

:lol:

Frostnads
x4

Post by Frostnads » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 18:49

Nikola515 wrote:
CBJ wrote:No, I'm afraid I can't tell you that. We're all still working hard on it, though, and making good progress.
Agreed, best news I've heard this week.
X: Beyond the Frontier | X-Tension | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Albion Prelude | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations

Shrewd135

Post by Shrewd135 » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 19:01

I am absolutely sure NO NDA bans you from talking about derivative information. Specifics sure... but abstract information like relative completeness, whether the team feels good about the product and such...

Derivative information, And Bernd HAS answered these questions...

will ship x be red? WRONG... can't answer....

will ship x have a color? Bernd has answered.

I think you are taking this NDA much too seriously and attempting to not disclose even disclosable information.

Even the actual military discloses more information in wartime than you are trying to hide about a computer game.

This just tells me it is vapourware.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 19:14

Nikola515 wrote:
"News?"

I'm pretty sure this is the same thing CBJ has said every time he comments on development progress.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 26. Feb 13, 19:21

A5PECT wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:
"News?"

I'm pretty sure this is the same thing CBJ has said every time he comments on development progress.

Any news is better than no news :lol:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”