Totally confused.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jockthejake

Totally confused.

Post by jockthejake » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:08

HI All.
Just installed rebirth and to say that I'm a wee bit disappointed in an understatement. My trusty Gravis Exterminator gamepad won't work and I can't even figure out what key/keys to press to get docked at a station. Will someone please tell me how to do this; and while you're at it will someone please tell me what the heck are Egosoft playing at, 'cos it sure ain't "X"
Thanks.
jock

Hiper-Boy
x3ap

Post by Hiper-Boy » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:15

You double click with your mouse when you are near a station to have a popup show with dock written on it.

Kol_Mimo
x4

Post by Kol_Mimo » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:20

Hi,
to dock, fly near the station/big ship. You have to select not the ship itself but a seperate little icon that represents the hangar. In case of stations, this might as well be a glass (bar), wrench (repair) or whatever-it-is-supposed-to-be (shipyard). Then, doubleclick on this icon or press f. Select "Dock" from the context menu. Yes, it is this complicated^^.
Jeder hat ein freies Recht auf meine Meinung.

jockthejake

No longer totally confused; now just totally p#!sed off.

Post by jockthejake » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 23:55

Hi all.
Thanks for the replies.
I kind of though it'd be that simple and had in fact tried to dock that way! You folks replying just confirmed it.
Seems there is this problem with my mouse. The mouse icon keeps fading out and only works sporadically, when it works at all.
This game is such a disappointment!
Thanks again.
jock

BloodSlinger

Post by BloodSlinger » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:20

They tried to make it so the game "simply uses what-ever" input you decide to give it at any given moment.

For example: Using mouse to do something, grab a controller or stick and proceed to do something else. It's intended to seamlessly detect so it's easy and quick to do something regardless of device type.

Obviously from the feedback so far, it's failing pretty bad but it's on their list.

I've only used kbam so haven't run into this one yet. Having direct mouse control of the ship instead of chasing a reticle across the screen would make the thought of trying to use any kind of controller useless. Maybe that's why we dont' have good direct ship control though : /
ASUS R4E / 3960X - Hexa 4.8ghz + HT / 32g G.Skill 2133 Ripjaws-Z CL9 / 2x EVGA Titans / Corsair 900D - EK XTX 480 + XTX 240 / XSPC Twin D5 Dual + EK blocks everywhere / 2xPSU - EVGA SuperNOVA Nex1500 + Corsair 1050 HX Pro / Win7 Pro Retail x64 - S840 Pro 256 SSD + 2xRSSD-C400 512g (1T) RAID-0 + 2xWD Black 2x2TB Soft RAID-1 / 50' HDMI

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”