Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

roxy
x4

Post by roxy » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 11:40

:) Thanks Roger

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 13:54

BTW Collection of Engines/Shields/Weapons seems to be broken if there is not two landing platforms in the same zone when you hand over the goods... you get a Talk to instruction with a blank target.

This seems to be liable to happen with CAR/UA factions if the mission is with someone on one of their stations.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 21:54

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Do the rare jumpdrive components or the rare terran hi-tech goods have anything to do with crafting or should I just sell them for hard cash?

I just completed the Spacefly Egg collection mission, I had to find 5 x Authentic Spacefly Eggs and craft them into the Spacefly Eggs Collection, Split Collector offered me over 3,000,000 credits for it or the choice of a Particle Repeater MK3.

Rare Terran Tech, I've not seen a mission for those.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 18:54

@spankahontis:
thanks for information I was looking for :)

Second Question: I have now 46 Paranid Jewellery in my caargo hold - and the mission director still does not point me back. Total Price is more than 6 million ...
How many of those Paranid Jewellery do I have to craft more ?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 20:28

Sorry, which mission are you talking about, Zazie? AFAIK Paraid Jewellry isn't required for any mission; it's just to be used as a gift to gain access to the 2nd part of smalltalk..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 21:41

I am on RB 3.10. I have a Mission in my Mission Log (Treasure Hunt). Mission given by Republic of Cantera. The briefing says that there were "others who observed and studied us". To prove this, the player has to bring some artefacts "they left behind".
Objectives:
1. Craft Ancients Relic Collection
2. Deliver the item back to the client

1. is still bold, if I activate it, it says Craft Ancients Relic Collection (obviouly ....). In my inventory I see that I must craft Paranid Jewellery (out of chipped diamonds, gold nuggets and rough gemstones). As I said: I have crafted 46 now and still the guidance has not changed.

No other item has been mentionned.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 22:09

I think you completly misunderstand how the whole system works.

The mission says "craft 'ancients relic collection'" and so you have to craft an ancient relic collection.
It doesn't say Paranid Jewellery.

Look at the front page of this topic there is everything you need to know.
You need those things to craft it:
http://www.directupload.net/file/u/5833 ... 67_jpg.htm
and all of them and where you can find them is also listed there...

:)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 5. Jan 15, 22:41

Tamina wrote:I think you completly misunderstand how the whole system works.
Oh well, that's possible.
As I remember when I accepted the "Treasure Hunt"-Mission I found - by coincidence, apparently - for the first time the option "craft" in my inventory. That made me think the Paranid Jewellery would make part of those ancients relics to be "crafted".

Now I will go and search for an opportunity to sell those four dozens of useless Jewels :mrgreen:

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 01:07

Black Marketeers will take Paranid Jewelry for cash, but it may be worth your while hanging on to them for gifts in smalltalk..
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 8. Jan 15, 00:00

OK, I'm asking fro suggestions here, for Spacefly Eggs

From previous posts it seems that they're most commonly dropped from nvidium 'roids. My guess is that areas with an active spacefly presence such as OL would increase my chances.. however I think I've found precisely 1 rock in those areas yielding Nv, despite following my miner around for quite a while :(

I do't really have a miner to spare to dedicate to the task atm, so which areas have you lot found most productive for authentic eggs?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 8. Jan 15, 00:48

Did all my spacefly egg collecting in Fatal Path/Sanctuary in the new Teladi sectors. It's also a good place to look for them because there's a convenient TU Foundry which will buy the nividium located in the same zone.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 9. Jan 15, 22:56

GCU Grey Area wrote:Did all my spacefly egg collecting in Fatal Path/Sanctuary in the new Teladi sectors. It's also a good place to look for them because there's a convenient TU Foundry which will buy the nividium located in the same zone.
That worked fine TVM. A good spot to easily find NV 'roids, & as you say an easy place to profitably get rid of the side effects if you wish

Now all I have to do is wait for the patch to fix the 'no mechanic available' bug :)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 11:05

Snafu_X3 wrote:Now all I have to do is wait for the patch to fix the 'no mechanic available' bug :)
I assume that's the bug where getting the mission from a station with only a single docking bay doesn't spawn the second NPC, the mechanic who installs the gun? If so suggest aborting the mission & looking for a new instance of it at a different (i.e. bigger) station. Had to do that to obtain the mk5 engine myself.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 17:40

Yes, that's the bug. I'll wait tks; I could do with the rep increase with LU, but tks for posting the workaround

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 00:31

Snafu_X3 wrote:
GCU Grey Area wrote:Did all my spacefly egg collecting in Fatal Path/Sanctuary in the new Teladi sectors. It's also a good place to look for them because there's a convenient TU Foundry which will buy the nividium located in the same zone.
That worked fine TVM. A good spot to easily find NV 'roids, & as you say an easy place to profitably get rid of the side effects if you wish

Now all I have to do is wait for the patch to fix the 'no mechanic available' bug :)

Better to just abort the mission before you give them the items.
Rare Engine Mission and Spacefly eggs collection mission, you can do as many as you like, you always receive the reward of the MK3 Particle Repeater or 3,010,000 Million credits, once you have the Repeater then you just collect them for the money, same with the Engine you choose, unless you want to try out another make then you just sell the Engines as you already have the MK5.

As for the Ancient/Kha'ak relics collection, they both give you the same reward of 2x MK5 Shields (Dashing/Behemoth/Steady your choice) and a cash reward.

For the 1 station bug, take the money, the other that works, take the shields, they let you buy 2 off the Mechanic in what combo you wish.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 01:06

Yes, tks Spanky; I'm aware of that :)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 01:35

Uhhhh page 10.
Look at this! So shiny! *rubbing face against screen*

I opened a thread which reached page 10, now I can live in peace.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

nazcarspider
x3tc

Post by nazcarspider » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 04:52

Cracking !! Its an excellent thread.

BDelacroix
x3tc

Post by BDelacroix » Mon, 19. Jan 15, 17:07

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do when collecting the Kha'ak parts in the badlands mine tunnel?

I popped open the box but the cargo ejected into the wall of the tunnel. Does anyone know if it will eventually reset or am I hosed?

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 19. Jan 15, 17:15

BDelacroix wrote:Anyone have a suggestion on what to do when collecting the Kha'ak parts in the badlands mine tunnel?

I popped open the box but the cargo ejected into the wall of the tunnel. Does anyone know if it will eventually reset or am I hosed?
You could reload and be exactly in front of the crate when it opens so the item will drift directly towards your ship.

Alternatively you could use a savegame editor to put the item you're unable to get directly in your inventory.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”