X Rebirth 2

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tomchk
x4

Re: X Rebirth 2

Post by tomchk » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:08

I totally agree and that would be awesome. At least the Terran DLC includes those nice looking farm assets in one of the station modules! I need ReShade to make it look as good as in XR, though.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:09

Bernd did say recently they want to backport some improvements to XRVR
Where?

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:16

KrYcHokE wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:09
Bernd did say recently they want to backport some improvements to XRVR
Where?
I wish it wasn't just VR but he specifically mentioned Vulkan, etc. I recall he said it during this interview and I think during the livestream on COH release day:
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... nkie_live/

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 11:07

Clownmug wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 20:29
Rebirth with multiple flyable ships
Then you know what to do.
Clownmug wrote:
5-10 more star systems with same standard of quality as the currents ones
I think we'll get there sooner rather than later. :)

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 19:19

John Colman wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 11:07
Clownmug wrote:
Rebirth with multiple flyable ships
Then you know what to do.
Maybe, but I don't think anything will be as good as X4 ship control unless Ego does it.

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 19:34

Clownmug wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 19:19
Maybe, but I don't think anything will be as good as X4 ship control unless Ego does it.
It doesn't have to be as good as in X4.
You have already shown that you have the knowledge to create a mod that will incorporate the function more than enough.
It just needs a few more improvements, better transitions, cockpits etc.
I think you can do it :D

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 23:17

XR has a ton of functionality and features that X4 is worse off for lacking, and vice versa.

I cannot say for sure if I would rather play XR with some X4 features imported (like more customizable stations, being able to fly other ships for example), or if I would rather play X4 with some XR features (remote interaction with station personnel including remote trading, ui/menu access without having to open the map, formidable turrets, some of the more visually striking station modules, lockboxes with valuable contents)

Noahdilweed
xr

Post by Noahdilweed » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 05:22

I think the best part of Rebirth hasn't fully been tapped fully and could benefit from a new game.
You are in 1 ship.

Having a full ship interior with visual cubbies with spare parts that you need to grab and take to parts of the ship to repair when they get damaged in battle. Different damaged parts and different areas of the ship. Think Chewbacca repairing transistors in the heat of battle. Run out of a certain part? Buy some more at a station or get hosed. Part can't be prepared while you're flying? An aspect of your ship doesn't work like it should.

Random encounters with space insects that want to eat your ship and you need to do a space walk with your laser to fight then off. Think Lost in Space bugs.

Parts break down over time and need to be replaced. Think Star Trek's routine maintenance at Starport Yadda-Yadda. LoL

Having a fuel tank of sorts that needs refilled and can be damaged and leak. Journeys into distant uninhabited sectors are more risky and thus more rewarding.

On a different note, I've always thought a sort of cloud based economy and galaxy that is affected by community activity could be cool. Are most players buying a certain commodity? Buying price is high for the week. Selling a bunch of something? Sale price is low. Are a bunch of players attacking a certain race or faction? That race or faction's numbers are lower or even wiped out. " Take THAT GoD engine!" It could even spur an event of that race's aggressive last stand. There could be other random events that affect aspects of the game for the week. It's still single player but everyone contributes to how the galaxy is molded and so more people will want to keep playing and ultimately feel like a living galaxy because real people are affecting it.
Spokesman for Retarded Geniuses.
"Does he fit the description?"
"I don't know...big, bad, stupid-looking."
"An exact match."

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 7. May 21, 12:16

One thing I miss about Rebirth is the Characters are more relatable, even Yisha.
The storyline was great, the sectors had their own history/videos that gave each Faction a personality and of course, the characters.
The Adventures of Ren Otani need to continue.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Mon, 10. May 21, 10:01

Seeing that X³: Farnham's Legacy happened.

One may secretly wish that somewhere, someone is/are hard at work creating the next chapter for X Rebirth 8)

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 11. May 21, 16:37

Seems highly unlikely there will be a sequel, seeing how poor X Rebirth was received.

I'd rather see some XR features in X4. XR has two things I miss in X4:

- Huge stations, like the space wheat (I think?? it's in one of the @Jaswolf screenshots) farm. Basically a sector/zone with only one huge station. Maybe we already have it in X4 and I haven't found it yet...

- The Home Of Light ring and the Torride system. These are both excellent. Exploration is rewarding and it adds huge parts of "mysterious" space to the game.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:24

MrFiction wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 16:37
I'd rather see some XR features in X4. XR has two things I miss in X4:

- Huge stations, like the space wheat (I think?? it's in one of the @Jaswolf screenshots) farm. Basically a sector/zone with only one huge station. Maybe we already have it in X4 and I haven't found it yet...

- The Home Of Light ring and the Torride system. These are both excellent. Exploration is rewarding and it adds huge parts of "mysterious" space to the game.
You might enjoy some of these videos. Porting the clusters and station assets is incredibly easy, but I haven't made the stations fully functional (yet?). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnpHRZQ ... J3&index=3

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:15

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:28

@Tomchk, Nice work !

jambock
x4

Post by jambock » Tue, 18. May 21, 00:42

KrYcHokE wrote:
Thu, 10. Sep 20, 11:33
What differences should be between XR2 and X4?
To me, Xr 2 need to let us change ships. That and make what already exists (and less to no bugs) and i would buy it.

Edit: And a bigger plot too.

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 13:11

Finally! It's happening!
X Rebirth 2 is a thing!

A document about mission design has been accidentally leaked: https://www.egosoft.com/download/x_rebi ... nglish.pdf :shock: :o

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 16:48

Jaswolf wrote:
Fri, 1. Apr 22, 13:11
Finally! It's happening!
X Rebirth 2 is a thing!

A document about mission design has been accidentally leaked: https://www.egosoft.com/download/x_rebi ... nglish.pdf :shock: :o
Is this your 4/1 prank? ;) Pretty sure that's referring to XR 2.0, similar to X4 2.0. :(

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Fri, 1. Apr 22, 16:51

tomchk wrote:
Fri, 1. Apr 22, 16:48
Jaswolf wrote:
Finally! It's happening!
X Rebirth 2 is a thing!

Is this your 4/1 prank? ;) Pretty sure that's referring to XR 2.0, similar to X4 2.0. :(
Yes happy april's fool day :D

XIII8
x3

Post by XIII8 » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 19:23

Jaswolf wrote:
Finally! It's happening!
X Rebirth 2 is a thing!

Ive just now seen this post and was very concerned for a second xD

sebashaw
x4

Post by sebashaw » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 21:02

I would enjoy a X game without the managing aspect, more focused on the RPG side.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”