Highway crashes and exit from Superhighway: 1423442KM from anything, help [Q&A CPP-4]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Loran_69
x4

Post by Loran_69 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:22

Yeah, you did it! thanks a lot! :)

Cratz
x4

Post by Cratz » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:25

thx cbj, here my dump files with the savegame
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0319y ... h-dump.rar

Just follow the waypoint (objectif) 1 of the 2 highway crash when i try to leave it, i hope that can help because i can't play anymore with this bug i have updated or desactivated the highway addon and still crashing. :(

White_Dwarf

Post by White_Dwarf » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:27

i dont had the Crash before

i just started a new game in free Play crashed and send the dump file and dxdiag

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:29

pirke123 wrote:The big question is: what are you doing different? How do you exit?
Hi, I just exit normally. Either wait until the end, hit the Z key, or use the arrow keys to fall out of the lane. It doesn't crash.

Here's my save if you want to try. I don't know if it's save related.
http://speedy.sh/RDHdU/save-004.zip
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ipjsvy

Edit - just to add, started a new campaign and headed straight to Dominant Bear highway. As above, I couldn't produce a crash.
Last edited by Mopy on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:39, edited 3 times in total.
Sig

White_Dwarf

Post by White_Dwarf » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:35

Mopy wrote:
pirke123 wrote:The big question is: what are you doing different? How do you exit?
Hi, I just exit normally. Either wait until the end, hit the Z key, or use the arrow keys to fall out of the lane. It doesn't crash.

i can use Y use WASD doenst matter it crashes it also crashed after leave by gate

White_Dwarf

Post by White_Dwarf » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:35

Mopy wrote:

i can use Y use WASD doenst matter it crashes it also crashed after leave by gate

Crix
x3tc

Post by Crix » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:37

Strongly advise never to pre-order games "ever" again. Seriously. Not saying this out of rage or being a hater. It's accurate for today's releases. Quality just isn't expected anymore.

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:37

I have the same crash. But I'm using my squad to bring me somewhere. It helps

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:41

Yay! I made it crash when exiting a gate.

I had to start a new freeplay game.

Are you all playing freeplay? I can't crash my campaign game.
Sig

Exsilium
x4

Post by Exsilium » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:42

Never crashed when exiting a highway before, since 1.16 its become a common occurrence.

I have crashed after exiting through a gate exit, after pressing Z or from moving to a side lane and pressing A or D to exit from the side.

EDIT: ... its happening 80% of the time now, I have learned to quicksave right before I enter a highway, but the process of loading over and over again is killing the experience for me, its immersion breaking to the extreme.

I am also only playing FREEPLAY as the campaign is unplayable.
Last edited by Exsilium on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.

kuplo
x3tc

Post by kuplo » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:43

Yes, I'm playing a free play game, I don't generally play campaigns unless I'm forced to.

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 20:59

My game hangs only since the 1.16 update.
I am playing the story not Free play mode.

If i exit the lanes ("mid way"), i dont crash.
i just have to try to exit far enough out that the system hasnt loaded all the assets, then approach at boost speed and all is fine.

hobsyllwin
x4

Post by hobsyllwin » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:09

Is unplayable :(
Last edited by hobsyllwin on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its Secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the Divine.

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:16

This issue gave me a really good reason to install the NoLanes mod by Realspace (among his other great mods) and I have to say that I'm not going to go back for a while if ever.

I've only found three zones in the freeplay mode for flying around for ten minutes in the starting Albion sector so far, and I got lost a couple of times, trying to find other zones, but it is much more realistic not having lines in space. And getting lost, well isn't that part of being in space, the challenge of not getting lost. Hopefully someone will make a better map with a z axis choice which would help as well as a view distance increaser.

But still, it is so much better, and MUCH FEWER CRASHES! Will definitely note to save game before going into the blue intersector highways

Also the booster increaser part of the mod is much more balanced feeling. It's worth getting by itself. Not a balance breaker IMO because the skunk is already over powerful with upgrades. It still drains your shields but much slower. Sorry I waited until this mess to try it now.
Last edited by Thurmonator on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

White_Dwarf

Post by White_Dwarf » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:19

pls what the **** i finaly can Play this game and now i cant since today i Crash always in Highway

i feel so bad it seems so many have no Problem only me every day

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:36

In case people missed it because of the thread merge:
CBJ wrote:Thanks to the people who have posted here with savegames and crash reports we have now managed to reproduce the problem. We've also identified the cause and are now working on a fix. We hope to get this out to you over the weekend, along with a few other fixes and improvements.

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:38

Tried Story mode with and without Mods.

Both crash at the same point, after making contact with the heart of albion ship, you and Yisha head off to meet your trader ship. When the way point asks you to leave the highway it freezes.

Steam 1.16

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:43

CBJ wrote:In case people missed it because of the thread merge:
CBJ wrote:Thanks to the people who have posted here with savegames and crash reports we have now managed to reproduce the problem. We've also identified the cause and are now working on a fix. We hope to get this out to you over the weekend, along with a few other fixes and improvements.
Please hot fix this asap.
My steam play shows over 30 hours.
My save game shows 9.

darthmoll
x4

Post by darthmoll » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:45

game is unplayable. it crashes in free mode and campain mode when leaving the highway at the end or leave it when i want to. cant do anything at this time. hope they can fix this fast cause i really love this game.

gardentwine
x4

Post by gardentwine » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:46

patch 1.16

crashing on exit of highway both story and sandbox mode

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”