Shipyard consuming turrets inconsistently

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vectorial1024
x4

Shipyard consuming turrets inconsistently

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 15:40

Hey there. I have noticed a rather inconsistent bug that affects NPC capital shiptraders. Shiptraders affected by this bug will not consume turrets even when I have specified to build a ship with full upgrades.

As required by the Technical Support rules:
  • Using X Rebirth: v4.30 (254587)
  • Only uses this mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =467737956) to let me get money on gamestart to quickly test the bug
  • Gamestart is "Aspiring Merchant"
  • Game starts, wait for money to be given, go to Eternal Dawn, comm shiptraders via Main Menu -> 5 -> 7 -> 1, and build ships; even though I order for full upgrade, when I do "show resource status", some of the 3 shiptraders do not list turret wares in the resource list
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Shipyard consuming turrets inconsistently

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 17:12

Just as a sanity check, when any ship so affected completes, does it have installed the turrets you ordered? Are you sure that you paid for them as in they bumped up the basic ship price that you paid?

I ask because the turret, drone, ammo ordering sequence is a rather fussy sequence of events and it is very easy to abort it by mistake without actually ordering what you intended to.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 16:04

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 17:12
Just as a sanity check, when any ship so affected completes, does it have installed the turrets you ordered? Are you sure that you paid for them as in they bumped up the basic ship price that you paid?

I ask because the turret, drone, ammo ordering sequence is a rather fussy sequence of events and it is very easy to abort it by mistake without actually ordering what you intended to.
I ran a test, and have a safefile ready. Here: https://github.com/Vectorial1024/XRB_Sh ... retProblem
(Side note: A group of HV raiding squad is behind me)

I am at Eternal Dawn. The 3 Shiptraders, from the top of the 5-7-1 Menu to the bottom, are: [L] Karry (1), [L] Marelle (2), and [XL] Marissa (3).

The order that I commed them and the ships that I built were: Karry (1) {Boann}, Marelle (2) {Sequana}, Marissa (3) {Lyrannea}.

All 3 ships were ordered with maximum upgrades. I am charged more than the base price for all 3 of the ships. All 3 ships were successfully built with full upgrades.

The Sequana came out first, followed by the Lyrannea, finally the Boann. The save file is made when all 3 of the ships are still being built.

Verify that Marelle (2) {Sequana} and Marissa (3) {Lyrannea} does not list the turrets in the "show resource status" list, while Karry (1) {Boann} shows them.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 10:41

A bump.

Is this issue confirmed to be an actual bug?
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 13:34

The fact that 3 ship builds if approached indentically can show different resource type listings would indeed indicate an issue with the ship or shipyard coding. Unfortunately, getting dev attention to what is an inconsistency rather than a game-stopper while X4 currently commands their full focus would be most unlikely. Sorry.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 28. May 21, 20:13

Bumping this to add a bit of extra information.

I recently got back to X Rebirth again, and understandably with X4 being the main focus of the devs, the shipyard consumption bug here in XR is not fixed yet.

What I would like to add is that I noticed ship ammo is seemingly also affected by this bug. Using a cheat mod I spawned in an Arawn with full ammo, and I discovered that ammo being given back to shipyard increases the ammo stock levels as advertised, but ammo taken out of the shipyard as part of the ship upgrades do not decrease the ammo stock levels.

Seemingly drones are not affected by this bug.

So right now, with turrets and ammo being out of the consumption, the remaining economic drivers of XR would be ship building (hull) and drones, and part of the economy is shut down because turrets and ammo are not being used up.

Would this be looked into again? Perhaps as part of some small patch that would be released when X4 enters an even more developed position? (Like those minor X3 patches that might or might not appear when newer XR/X4 game updates are released?)

Meanwhile as a workaround, I will just try to use the cheat mod to jump around various shipyards, hack their storages, and hopefully induce a turret/ammo shortage that resembles turret/ammo consumption.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”