Help with code. Engineer on ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

docwho83
x4

Help with code. Engineer on ships

Post by docwho83 » Wed, 30. May 18, 19:31

I want to do a mod for tuning of the speed and cargo room like in x3tc. That what I liked about it.

I want to do it a little differently have the Engineer replace parts on the assigned ship. As in they get destroyed and then upgraded for a price and a time to be rebuit.

Also do a version for the npc ships but have it set to a long enough time to play
the campaign in all before they start upgrading much a hit there and here is nothing but every if everything starts doing this at start would make it hard to play and win. (SOME WOULD LOVE that)

Cargo room expansion would be based off of skills science and engineering

What I am needing help with is a base line code to have the engineer get a list of his current ships items. (Not sure how to call a check of current ship without skunk)

Then pick what type I want to upgrade= shield generators, weapons (each type being up gradable), drone luncher, engines, jumpdrive.

I want to beable to do like a mk 1 to 10 upgrade. More speed, more damage, better range, high speed boost.

Anyway if someone can help with the code to pull a list of items from the ship that would help me alot. I think I can pull a menu like the shipyard upgrade screen to do the upgrades on.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 30. May 18, 19:37

it is not trivial to swap out Ship Modules to extend the Cargo Bay or similiar stuff unfortunately (this Upgrade System only works for the player.primaryship, for any other Ship its bugged beyond Hell).

For the Cargo Bay specifically what you could do though is to add Cargo Extensions as seperate modules which can then be added like Turrets based on a Percentage. This approach only works for Cargo Though.. for other Stuff best talk with Matterom - he works on something similiar (not sure about his current progress though - my guess is experimental to functional prototype stage)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Wed, 30. May 18, 19:46

Thanks, UniTrader at least they helps with why I am having problems making it work.

I am not a programmer but I have managed to pull off some things in code. I had done a version of this back when I started play but just put the ships in the shipyard to be built. That had an issue with once one was built all npc ship and my ships beyond the player ship stopped moving. Never could find a why back then. So I thought I look again but was hoping to add it with the swap out parts as I go also.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”