[MOD] FTL: Rebirth

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Clownmug
x4

Re: [MOD] FTL: Rebirth

Post by Clownmug » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 00:05

tomchk wrote:
Mon, 2. Mar 20, 19:59
Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 4. Feb 20, 22:38
tomchk wrote:
Tue, 4. Feb 20, 18:20
My other question was whether the mod changes how the cockpit looks (mainly lighting) or if that was just my system. I haven't played XR on this system.
The lighting isn't changed in the cockpit itself but some of the star system backgrounds have varying sunlight. I'm not sure how to tweak that properly if it doesn't look right. I've had people mention something wrong with lighting in my other mods with custom backgrounds but it always looks fine on my end.
Yeah it's definitely causing lighting issues for me. Are there certain lines I can delete to remove the lighting changes? Thanks!
Well in the folder "assets/environment/cluster" there are some background files you could edit. Under the "lights" section you can adjust the numbers for intensity to see if it makes a difference.
Newinger wrote:
Mon, 2. Mar 20, 21:02
Thank you for the information!
Clownmug wrote:
Mon, 2. Mar 20, 19:42
The map is actually random. There are different layouts for the sectors and they all have a random assortment of zones within them. Events are random with enemies usually consisting of pirates, xenon or rebels depending on the type of sector.
Sounds good to me -- about 2 hours of playtime, but with lots of replayability could create a nice afterwork gaming session.

Thanks, will download your mod and install Rebirth for it.
Alright, hope you enjoy it. :D

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 7. May 20, 15:54

Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 3. Mar 20, 00:05
tomchk wrote:
Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 4. Feb 20, 22:38

The lighting isn't changed in the cockpit itself but some of the star system backgrounds have varying sunlight. I'm not sure how to tweak that properly if it doesn't look right. I've had people mention something wrong with lighting in my other mods with custom backgrounds but it always looks fine on my end.
Yeah it's definitely causing lighting issues for me. Are there certain lines I can delete to remove the lighting changes? Thanks!
Well in the folder "assets/environment/cluster" there are some background files you could edit. Under the "lights" section you can adjust the numbers for intensity to see if it makes a difference.
Is there a way for me to make the lighting exactly the same as the vanilla game, in hopes that'll fix this? I never had this problem with XR and would love to play your mod more!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Thu, 7. May 20, 16:44

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 15:54
Clownmug wrote:
Tue, 3. Mar 20, 00:05
tomchk wrote:
Is there a way for me to make the lighting exactly the same as the vanilla game, in hopes that'll fix this? I never had this problem with XR and would love to play your mod more!
Most of the backgrounds should already be close to default intensity, but I'll check again when I get a chance.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 7. May 20, 17:06

Clownmug wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 16:44
Most of the backgrounds should already be close to default intensity, but I'll check again when I get a chance.
Much appreciated, thanks!

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Fri, 15. May 20, 01:44

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 17:06
Clownmug wrote:
Thu, 7. May 20, 16:44
Much appreciated, thanks!
Ok, I've uploaded a new version with more consistent lighting (basically just copy/pasted lights from Omicron Lyrae :P )

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. May 20, 02:35

Awesome, thanks a ton! I’ll try this ASAP. Such a great game and mod idea.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”