[XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jesset
x4

Re: [XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]

Post by jesset » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 22:26

Hi All I just want to start out with I love this mod. I downloaded it years ago and it was great for the system I had at the time. fast forward to today I have a much better rig. for VR games and have revisited this wonderful game and this mod. since I now have a power house of a computer. I'm trying to up all the setting to give the game more eye candy. I'm doing it by disabling the clearskies part. the problem is it corrupts the saves and makes them unusable when you retry to start the game. is there a work around to prevent this. or can I or how do i enable the mod NOT to take so much nebulas and stardust's and debri away.

I hope this thread is not dead any help will be greatly appreciated thanks for your time in this matter.
Gaming Rig ITX Build
8th Gen i7
32GB Ram
2 TB SSD
2080 Super graphics card
All in 5.7 L space

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 07:39

@jesset Mods have to declare whether it's safe to remove them from save. If you remove or disable a "unsafe" mod the game will prevent you from loading your save to avoid breaking it. If you want to remove the mod anyway you can try following this guide (please backup your saves beforehand). Although the guide is written for X4 the same process can be used for XRVR, only the saves are stored in a different folder.

Good luck.

jesset
x4

Post by jesset » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 09:18

bitvoid wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 07:39
@jesset Mods have to declare whether it's safe to remove them from save. If you remove or disable a "unsafe" mod the game will prevent you from loading your save to avoid breaking it. If you want to remove the mod anyway you can try following this guide (please backup your saves beforehand). Although the guide is written for X4 the same process can be used for XRVR, only the saves are stored in a different folder.

Good luck.
@Bitvoid Thank you very much for the response. My bad I guess I was not very clear on what I was trying to do. I was not trying to remove a mod from a save. however you post did give me an idea. My issue was I disabled an extension then saved a new fresh game. you could save all day with no issues. that was never the problem. The problem was if you exit the game and come back later the s would not load do to the extension that was disabled in the first place. The work around was to; instead of disabling the extension I just removed it all together. with a new fresh start As before the save is not corrupted.

Again thank you very much
Gaming Rig ITX Build
8th Gen i7
32GB Ram
2 TB SSD
2080 Super graphics card
All in 5.7 L space

MikeBM

Post by MikeBM » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 10:24

I can get this mod to work well. BUT for some reason I get no voice over on the storyline videos, just the background sounds/music. I have seen a few other people mentioning the problem but never a solution.

Is there really no workaround for this? I am using the Valve Index and Steam VR. Trying the original flat screen version of the game (not the modded VR version) the voice over plays without problems.

MikeBM

Post by MikeBM » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 10:39

MikeBM wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 10:24
I can get this mod to work well. BUT for some reason I get no voice over on the storyline videos, just the background sounds/music. I have seen a few other people mentioning the problem but never a solution.

Is there really no workaround for this? I am using the Valve Index and Steam VR. Trying the original flat screen version of the game (not the modded VR version) the voice over plays without problems.
To add to the above: if I choose the Teladi Outpost game start the voice in the videos play just as it should! So it would seem that there is some setting somewhere missing for the vanilla campaign. But what, and where?

jones1876@gmail.com

Post by jones1876@gmail.com » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 14:41

Will this mod, work with "The new frontier" or "Conquest and war"?

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”