[General] Question about game overlap.

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

[General] Question about game overlap.

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 23:21

I have just purchased the early access. I have an Oculus Rift.

I have never finished X-Rebirth, but had intended to crank it up again after I get moved into my new house.

I have seen that this is a stand alone game but want to clarify something.

Is there overlap of 'story' between XR and XRVR? That is to say, if I choose to finish XR before starting XRVR, will I find myself repeating the same story?

If so, is there a good place to 'stop' in XR?

Thanks for any information.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 23:41

The main campaign within classic XR isn't available in XR:VR Edition. XRVR Edition is positioned as taking place shortly after the main campaign in classic XR is completed.

Therefore you could complete classic XR first, or try XRVR Edition for a bit and return to classic XR.

XRVR Edition allows for doing some of the side quests from classic XR such as constructing a jump drive and some unique equipment (spoilers). Since they can take a long time, I would suggest aiming to do those in your main game if you didn't want to repeat them.

Finally, I believe XRVR Edition has an extended version of the Xenon Invasion side mission from the HoL DLC.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 28. Aug 17, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 00:21

Thanks for the information!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 00:31

You're welcome :)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 07:13

@ SamuraiProgrammer I have enjoyed both Rebirth and the VR version and can say that both can be played without affecting the other,, the scarcity of stations and trade ships add a lot to the gameplay in VR... you may have to micro manage station (your stations) trade a little more..... otherwise no problem,,, you might find 2D Rebirth a little small visually though.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 01:55

Thanks for that information.

In regards to your comment about 2D seeming small, I would say that at some time there will come a tipping point where 2D is no longer acceptable.

I am glad to see Egosoft experimenting with the VR media.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”