Can you obtain the erlking during the scrapyard salvage mission?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aital

Can you obtain the erlking during the scrapyard salvage mission?

Post by Aital » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 04:43

Is there a way to get this ship during the mission. I could board it I guess. But I was wondering if there was another way like having enough money to change the dialog and have her sell it to you? What happens if you board it during the mission?

Also, can you go in during the boarding and go inside the ship?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can you obtain the erlking during the scrapyard salvage mission?

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 09:45

It is not intended that the player obtains the ship during that story mission. All dialog that occurs is purely informative so that the player is aware where the Erlking is located. Interacting with the Erlking during that time will be similar to interacting with it normally.

That said there might be some cheesy exploits that one can pull off using other player owned assets to board the Erlking during that time. The boarding would still be as difficult as normal but the way that VIG responds might be subtly different.

Aital

Re: Can you obtain the erlking during the scrapyard salvage mission?

Post by Aital » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 11:13

Has anyone seen the convos difference from getting the erlking before during and after the mission? I went farther in the game and now they threaten me if I go near. But i have positive rep and nothing happened that I can tell.

Return to “X4: Foundations”