Suggestions: YAKI / Savage Spur

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MajorMagers
x4

Suggestions: YAKI / Savage Spur

Post by MajorMagers » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:08

I have some suggestions for the Yaki, faction and story, and the Savage Spur systems.

Yaki: I would love to see them give you missions to build them full stations until they are capable of doing so themselves. in the same way that the TER have you build all those stations for fighting the Xenon.
Yaki: I think it would be cool if they could use the TER economy. Maybe make some sort of research missions that makes better versions of the regular economy things but better. like the Argon flak turrets could be researched and a TER econ version developed.
Yaki: I would like them to stop being in hostilities when I finish the plot with the TER and YAK no longer at war. it makes no sense that they still attack the TER when they have no reason to anymore and the TER no longer think they are a threat.

Savage Spur: I found a cool mod that adds a second path back into SS1 from SS2 so it becomes a 2 way street. the mod author said he does not know of a way to script the activation of the path to be tied into the final mission of the YAK story line. I think that it could be a good mission to finalize the TER and YAK end to hostilities with a joint construction mission for the reunification of Savage Spur. would this be the first time a player builds an accelerator / super highway do-hickey?
Alternatively to get a similar, but lesser, effect to implementing all that I guess you guys could just let the mod author know how to script the gate activation in to mission end. here is his mod page on steam. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 2491847487

If you made it to the end thanks for reading my suggestions. Hope y'all like em.

S!rAssassin

Re: Suggestions: YAKI / Savage Spur

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 06:59

MajorMagers wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:08
Yaki: I think it would be cool if they could use the TER economy.
Only food tech. But build tech should be like Xenon! Yaki assimilated Xenon tech - it's logical to build with Xenon tech.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 08:57

I was kinda dissapointed with "good" ending of Yaki plot - I really expected they will start to build some stations after it.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 09:06

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 08:57
I was kinda dissapointed with "good" ending of Yaki plot - I really expected they will start to build some stations after it.
This. I don't need them to expand or anything, much anyway, but it'll be nice if they at least took their own sector and perhaps 1-2 of the Xenon sectors I was forced to clear for them.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 11:19

MajorMagers wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:08
Yaki: I would like them to stop being in hostilities when I finish the plot with the TER and YAK no longer at war. it makes no sense that they still attack the TER when they have no reason to anymore and the TER no longer think they are a threat.
Probably you haven't noticed it but the Yaki become friendly and start trading with ARG and ANT, which, naturally, puts them against the TER...

apm0SPE
x4

Post by apm0SPE » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 13:26

TER has a very solid reason to hate yaki for the destroction of earth torus.

In the plot the player just report that (s)he did not found a yaki HQ. I do think that the asgard (or even vallhala) would "at their doorsteps" if the acclerator is fixed...

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 19:32

This is a strange thread, what people are saying is not what I've seen.

1. When they become friendly to you, you can build stations for the Yaki,
including a big shipyard if you want, & supply resources to it so thay have 'unlimited ships'.

2. dtpsprt, when do Yaki start trading with ANT/ARG ?? Never seen it even at all of those +30 with myself.
For me Yaki have always carried on attacking everyone-else (expect you & Xenon) after siding with them.
But I did see constant Asgard/fleets attempts to kill the 'Yaki base', so maybe I got some
mixed-state outcome?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 22:05

exogenesis wrote:
Fri, 3. Feb 23, 19:32
2. dtpsprt, when do Yaki start trading with ANT/ARG ?? Never seen it even at all of those +30 with myself.
For me Yaki have always carried on attacking everyone-else (expect you & Xenon) after siding with them.
But I did see constant Asgard/fleets attempts to kill the 'Yaki base', so maybe I got some
mixed-state outcome?
It is a "two step" process:
Spoiler
Show
In the Yaki plot you have to tell Delilah that the Yaki do not pose a threat to TER. Then take the Syn (preferably) and destroy the Xenon relay without hitting any Yaki ships in the process (turrets disabled, hitting the relay only with main guns letting the friendly Yaki deal with the enemy Yaki.

Then in the Terran Diplomacy plot let the status quo between TER and ARG/ANT

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 23:08

It might be of interest to everyone here to know that there are some limited circumstances under which the Yaki can indeed be expanded. Spoilers of course, but here's the thread where much discussion was had on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=445030

Return to “X4: Foundations”