Cant advance the Flight School Tutorial - Resolved.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quadrophenia
x4

Cant advance the Flight School Tutorial - Resolved.

Post by Quadrophenia » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 22:20

I have left the station after it taught the landing bit and am in space where it shows the other ships. It wants me to target and teleport to them. I have done that, teleported to each, flown each around some, and no idea what to do next. I have tried everything I can think of to try to advance the tutorial but nothing seems to work. Canceling/aborting the tutorial does nothing.
4 hours in and I'd like to get to the second tutorial. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Cant advance the Flight School Tutorial

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 22:43

See if anything in here helps. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Quadrophenia
x4

Post by Quadrophenia » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 23:19

Yes, been through that thread and every other one that even mentions "flight school". Restarted the game twice more and been through the first tutorial with exactly the same results. I get to what appears to be the end of the first tutorial. It wants me to teleport into the other ships and does an autosave. I go do the teleporting into the other ships and nothing happens, no indication the tutorial is done, no way to get to the second one, no idea what I am doing wrong or what to do next.

The tutorial seemed to indicate a fun game, but one tutorial mission is not fun enough to just play it over and over again. :)

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 23:52

Hi there! Sounds like you have indeed reached the end of the Flight School scenario. If you want to try out more of the game's mechanics before jumping into a "real" playthrough, you could play the Advanced Gameplay or Combat Scenario, which are both accessible from the main menu. All of these take place in small, separate universes.

In case you missed it, here's the last thing the flight school instructor says when giving you access to the ships you can teleport to:

"And that concludes your training! Feel free to roam around and practice some of what you've learned. I've set up a selection of ships for you to try out. You can teleport between them using the map. Sorry, no capital ships! You'll have to save up for your own... When you feel ready to move on, you can either try out some of the advanced tutorials or put your skills to the test in the real world. Good bye, and good luck out there!"

Quadrophenia
x4

Post by Quadrophenia » Fri, 7. Aug 20, 01:34

Ahhh, ok, Yes, I did receive that message each time. It just seemed like there would be some indication of going on to Tutorial 2 rather than just expecting you to start the game over and start with tutorial 2. But now that I know to do that, I will proceed from there and know what to expect (or not to expect :) ) at the end of each of them.

Thank you very much!!

HKElias
x4

Re: Cant advance the Flight School Tutorial - Resolved.

Post by HKElias » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 23:25

I am stuck on this mission too except I cannot teleport to the new ships. I select them by left clicking and get the notification that I have them selected but when I hit "F" all it does it reflash the message that I need to hit F on the targeted ship.

Return to “X4: Foundations”