Blueprint availability from EMP

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ajime
x4

Blueprint availability from EMP

Post by ajime » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 14:20

Been farming blueprints from Spacesuit EMP recently.
Thought a few things come to mind. Are Turrets (including xenons station ones) can be stolen? spammed a few on top of them but all they gave me was a trade subscription/partner added to database whatever that is.

Belgarath
x4

Re: Blueprint availability from EMP

Post by Belgarath » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 14:28

I don't believe so. One of the devs stated that some blueprints cannot be acquired by scanning/EMP bombing. I know that ship/shipyard/wharf blueprints cannot be gotten that way and weapons may be the same way.

Egosoft wants players to feel a sense of pride and accomplishment for getting those. So, get ready to spend millions upon millions for blueprints.
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 16:14

You also can't get shields. That's pretty important if you don't want to be torpedoed to hell. Then again, I've never found a ship sporting torps haha.

Morleond
x4

Post by Morleond » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 08:43

I got a permanent trade subscription and then in my next one a trade partner. I was emping an argument station Trying to get habitat modules. I got the large blue print. I was trying for the medium and I got the two things I mentioned but have no idea what they do. I thought it was that license you can get from the representative but it doesn't appear to have worked. Does anyone know what the trade subscription and trade partners are that you get from data leaks?

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 09:23

Morleond wrote:
Sun, 17. Mar 19, 08:43
I got a permanent trade subscription and then in my next one a trade partner. I was emping an argument station Trying to get habitat modules. I got the large blue print. I was trying for the medium and I got the two things I mentioned but have no idea what they do. I thought it was that license you can get from the representative but it doesn't appear to have worked. Does anyone know what the trade subscription and trade partners are that you get from data leaks?
I can say this, I bought trade licenses and none of them appear to have any impact on trade with the factions. There has been zero change in trade activity.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 10:45

Trade license means no need for satelite coverage for trade offers. covers all faction stations.

having joined ANT trade guild first I never get offererd any other trade guild mission apart from ANT.
and you have to be in faction territory or adjacent to it to get those missions

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 12:20

Currently (in 2.0) you can get ship blueprints from abandoned ships via EMP bombing.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 13:03

Morleond wrote:
Sun, 17. Mar 19, 08:43
Does anyone know what the trade subscription and trade partners are that you get from data leaks?
Think trade subscriptions provide permanent trade data for individual stations. Got a few early on in my game & they at least lasted for a very long time, though eventually were superseded when I got enough rep to buy trade data for the entire faction. Still relevant I guess if I wanted trade data for SCA stations, (since fixed rep means trade data can never be bought) & for minor factions (e.g. MIN & ALI) which have so few stations it can take a considerable amount of time to get the rep. Now I think about it, still not got ALI trade data so may be worth my time EMPing their stations just for that.

Trade partner I'm not so sure about, not sure I've ever got that one from a data leak. More beneficial trades maybe?

csatrad
x4

Post by csatrad » Fri, 20. May 22, 17:45

Im in version 5.1 and in that we get a lot more visual representation of what is going on.
For trade partner that you can get a lot of are generating an NPC on the station you EMP-ing. You can see the names of the NPC-s on the station view as little yellow human markers and theire names in yellow.

You can find these characters in closed areas. Like manager office, engineering etc. They give you a quest that doesn't appear on the normal map view if you are near a base. So you can sorta force out quests to get reputation. These quests also high stake quests, so pretty much the max you can get from a specific type of mission.

Now you should only EMP one at a time, cuz you only get this if you get all the node created by an EMP and they unique to each explosion. So if you blast a bunch you wont get them until you luck in to get the 3-4 that is for one. Well you can and you get a lot for the last 5-7 hehe.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. May 22, 18:27

Three year dormant thread. Perhaps you intended to post something in a newer thread such as this one?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”