How do you navigate to a set of XYZ coordinates?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faley

How do you navigate to a set of XYZ coordinates?

Post by Faley » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 19:15

I know I should have read the instructions somewhere but must have missed it. If you could send me a link, or just tell me what I have to do to enter coordinates to fly to, would be appreciated.
Thanks

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How do you navigate to a set of XYZ coordinates?

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 19:31

Do nothing, as there's nothing to do. At least at this point in time. The only way to navigate away from ecliptic (aside from doing it manually) is ordering a Fly to/Follow/etc. with an object that already happens to be there. Can't even remotely order another ship to fly to your mission objective area in space if it happens to be above or below :(

Faley

Post by Faley » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 19:35

I remember in an earlier version of 'X' I was able to navigate to coordinates. So you are saying that capability was not retained. I would not know how to do that manually, since I do not see the coordinates displayed anywhere. Perhaps I do not have the proper button checked somewhere.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 19:55

Oh, you're talking about specific coordinates? Nope, no such capability either. Sorry, I must've blanked out reading your topic. Time for some tea...

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 20:07

Egosoft does not implement such usefuls things.
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 20:54

Afaik the game's map layout works completely differently and there are no more such coordinates (or rather, these's no center point?). We do miss the Z axis (depth) from the map's navigation, though.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 21:32

A lot of sectors have their center way-way off of the actually used space. It would be too confusing to use.

sh4l0m

Post by sh4l0m » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 02:35

That's a complete fabrication.

If people can very easily move their ship manually in a system that uses 3 dimensional coordinates, then it is very clearly not too complex a task for them.

What is often 'too confusing' in other iterations is the complete lack of a useful bearing indicator so that even if you knew your own coordinates and those of the destination, you'd have to move before you knew you were going in the right direction.

The center of a sector is mostly irrelevant in navigation anyway as the relevant positions are (to all intents & purposes) their current & their desired, not cubed zero.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 11:47

What is the point of this necro that contains out-of-date, incorrect information?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 11:49

Indeed. Let's let this one sink away. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”