Make Xenons great again

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Re: Make Xenons great again

Post by Dreez » Thu, 27. May 21, 11:14

After paying attention to the state of my current game which i started at 1.0 and kept going,
the Xenon are getting wiped off the map slowly. Teladi and paranid are cleaning up the sectors closest
to them and the sectors near split are full of split stations - eventho i only bought that DLC a few days ago (game time).

So yeah... i'm starting to believe that Xenon needs litte buff of some kind, they're suppose to be a menace that invades
sectors and if left unchecked, can end up wipe entire sectors clean from the local inhabitans.

So in hindsight, they could use some help to get back on their feet and be the threat they're suppose to be.

Currently the only threat they pose is to my capitalships when i engage a xenon defense station,
which is easily solved by simply bombing the L-turrets pre-fleet attack.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 27. May 21, 13:01

Dreez wrote:
Thu, 27. May 21, 11:14
they're suppose to be a menace that invades sectors and if left unchecked, can end up wipe entire sectors clean from the local inhabitans.
Are they?

There can be at least three types of invaders:
  • Nothing - player never has to do anything to cope with them. It could be that the resources that we help to deliver to NPC (if we trade/build) enables NPC wipe out the threats hands down
  • Nuisance - invaders are everywhere, but so weak that they are easy to wipe from windscreen. Player has to invest something to the wiping. Continuous investment, but trivial
  • Death - Player has to focus 100% to destruction of invaders or everything will be destroyed. Being sloppy, even for a moment, is not an option
I'm quite sure that many of us do not want to play only the space invaders of the last type.

However, that is only the aggressive side. The threat that comes to us. Semi-unrelated is us invading the foreign space.

Deep strikes to enemy logistics should affect their aggression. TER can't build Asgards non-stop, if we fill their build queue with XL Builders, L Traders, and L Miners. If Xenon pour out from inaccessible sectors via oneway gates, then such tactical option does not exist and we are back to "magic spawns" of the previous games.

Even if the Xenon would do the Nothing-type invasions, their home sectors could be a Death-level challenge. Defense-oriented. Something that no NPC fleet can take. For mere trader that would be awesome, if NPC factions do try (i.e. suicide) continuously then they eagerly buy all that you can produce. For a combat pilot there would be something to shoot at (until you get too strong).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 27. May 21, 19:35

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 27. May 21, 13:01
Dreez wrote:
Thu, 27. May 21, 11:14
they're suppose to be a menace that invades sectors and if left unchecked, can end up wipe entire sectors clean from the local inhabitans.
Are they?

I'm quite sure that many of us do not want to play only the space invaders of the last type.

However, that is only the aggressive side. The threat that comes to us. Semi-unrelated is us invading the foreign space.
They should deffo have more strength and aggresiveness than now, because currently they're just tincans getting bullied by every faction.
In X3TC/Alb , Xenon would attack with 1-4 destroyers or carriers and an army of fighters , more than capable or stomping a zone and
make short work of most defense forces sent to deal with them.

Most of the times you'd have to jump a destroyer or bomber there to aid, or lose all stations in the zone.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 29. May 21, 00:16

I started a new game after all the recent releases, patch and dlc and i have to admit that Xenon are getting owned everywhere,
The Paranid took over easily Faulty Logic and are about to finish Atiya's Misfortune.
I cleared Savage Spur I, Matrix 79B and Tharka's Cascade for the Yaki plot, the Terrans have cleared Savage Spur II.
The only Xenon left are above Family Zhin, where Terrans keep sending Asgards and i keep boarding them, cause to be honest, Xenon seem to be an endangered species now, so i dont leave any ships that can actually kill their stations get there and finish the job.
I think they need a little bit of love to resurface.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 09:54

From yesterday Xenons in my universe are extinct species.
I couldn't even preserve them in a kind of nature reserve with subtitles like " Don't feed the Xenons" or " Don't throw silicons on Xenons" so family trips could visit and father could tells to children " I remember some days they were giant threat to universe" or " Be quiet maybe we will see the last I battleship"

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 22:58

Make Xenons great again --> for Christmas maybe or next year. Not a single word, nor comment about xenons problem in the 4.10, except I have missed something.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 00:31

Malchar wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 22:58
Not a single word, nor comment about xenons problem in the 4.10, except I have missed something.
You did miss something.
CBJ wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 12:20
The list is just the things that have already been done. Checking and, where needed, adjusting the balancing of Xenon is something we're still working on.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 00:42

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 00:31
Malchar wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 22:58
Not a single word, nor comment about xenons problem in the 4.10, except I have missed something.
You did miss something.
CBJ wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 12:20
The list is just the things that have already been done. Checking and, where needed, adjusting the balancing of Xenon is something we're still working on.
To be fair, Bernd didn’t mention Xenons nor does the notes do. You can’t expect ppl to read multi page threads to get information that’s buried somewhere in there. Someone on this Forum Said, if people need to read forums to understand how things ingame work, you need to do better job explaining it :) Same principle applies to official communication.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 01:59

rene6740 wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 00:42
To be fair, Bernd didn’t mention Xenons nor does the notes do. You can’t expect ppl to read multi page threads to get information that’s buried somewhere in there. Someone on this Forum Said, if people need to read forums to understand how things ingame work, you need to do better job explaining it :) Same principle applies to official communication.
I took the whole notes, then make an automatic research on keyword xenon. I had one hit about a fix on xenon base sometime invisible at savage spur.

When you ve a particular interest on something, it is not always necessary to read all. ;-)

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 10:08

Malchar wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 01:59
rene6740 wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 00:42
I took the whole notes, then make an automatic research on keyword xenon. I had one hit about a fix on xenon base sometime invisible at savage spur.

When you ve a particular interest on something, it is not always necessary to read all. ;-)
That works for browsing the notes itself, but is not a good thing to rely on searching for specific comments that have information. Most people won’t even read any further than the OP.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 20:24

Update2 - just started 5.00 beta 1:
I'm really starting to think something is up with Xenon in my current game.
I've literally blocked all shipyards (except ALI, MIN and ZYA) and Xenons are not making any progress.
I've recently wiped them from Savage Spur, Matrix #79B and Tharka's Cascade, there was a bunch of small, one module, stations in those sectors, it was like they started building and abandoned after the first module.
The Xenon S were around and supplying the shipyard.
I only encountered one I and a few K (less than 10 total combined in all sectors) so it was an easy conquest.
My only problem was my dumb destroyer captains getting too close to Xenon station's turrets :D
I was thinking blocking all the shipyard would eventually make all factions loose sector to Xenons but there was no change, except for one ZYA sector.

Could it be that the game rebalance the ships in absence of destroyers?

Update on this:
On a new playthrough, I noticed a bit more winning and aggression from the Xenon, it is subtle (which is probably a good sign) but seems to make the Xenon a bit more of a menace.
On my older save, most shipyards are still blocked (I expect factions to run out of destroyers/carriers eventually), Xenon are making more push but didn't really take over any sector yet.
The behavior I can't explain is they won't clean up their owned sectors (Commonwealth stations still present) and they might just skip some enemy sectors (those sectors have at least one defense station) and go directly beyond enemy lines.
Of course, they are usually quickly destroyed. Too bad they don't slowly but surely push back the front. This would also give a warning sign to players that Xenon are slowly taking over.

----

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be a good place to continue the discussion on Xenon.
I am playing the version 4.20 beta 3 and still trying to figure out if the recent changes to capital main battery damage has helped Xenon being more of a threat.

Did you guys notice a change?

I blocked most allies shipyards by parking ships there and actively try to sabotage any station attacked by Xenon so this might screw up the results for me :roll:

Cheers.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 06:30

I'm not sure anyone is reading this but just in case :D

I've had progress in my game, Xenon have taken over Company Regard and slowly invading Hewa's Twin. I scouted Scale Plate Green and Turquoise Sea and found a shipyard and wharf in each Scale Plate Green sectors, only defense stations and solar power plants in Turquoise Sea.
Progress is very slow in Atiya's Misfortune and Faulty Logic but by hack stations when Xenon K are deciding to do a push, I've able to somewhat turn the tide of the battles.
Xenon K are still losing their turrets when too close to station explosions which eventually render them useless.

I also started being more aggressive on hacking other stations, crippling production and releasing storage, especially for wharves might hopefully slow down factions small ship production.

I also think the universe is finally starting to be short of builder ships so that will also slow down new stations.

Still, all those efforts to keep the Xenon active :) I did not think I would play the game this way but it gives an interesting twist and something to look forward (big Xenon battles when they are strong again).
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 17:31

I think they are fine as they are tbh, in my 4.1+ game currently they conquered all the Zyarth space and would have taken argon and hat sectors if not for me blockading herectics end and hat choice.

What should happen is the custom gamestarts both budgeted and unbudgeted should have options for xenon and khaak etc in terms of their difficulty.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 19:35

In my game Xenon are slowly wiping everything and I'm around 50+ hours in without using SETA. I'm using some mods that impact gameplay though. VRO, XR Ships and X3 ATF/USC Pack.

So far Xenon have taken The Void, Getsu Fune, Second Contact II, True Sight, Hatikva's Witness I and Silent Witness I. I'm not complaining though, lots of fun. I'm getting to the point where I can build defence stations and hold them off in sectors while I try to muster together an economy and also save HOP from being annihilated.

Also trying to help Terran economy so they can launch a counter offensive.

IF Xenos are too easy maybe that combination of mods will work for you. Oh right, I also enabled the completed Terran vs Argon plot in the beginning so that might impact Argon quite a bit not having enough resources to fight Xenos.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 22:26

SirConnery wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 19:35
In my game Xenon are slowly wiping everything and I'm around 50+ hours in without using SETA. I'm using some mods that impact gameplay though. VRO, XR Ships and X3 ATF/USC Pack.

So far Xenon have taken The Void, Getsu Fune, Second Contact II, True Sight, Hatikva's Witness I and Silent Witness I. I'm not complaining though, lots of fun. I'm getting to the point where I can build defence stations and hold them off in sectors while I try to muster together an economy and also save HOP from being annihilated.

Also trying to help Terran economy so they can launch a counter offensive.

IF Xenos are too easy maybe that combination of mods will work for you. Oh right, I also enabled the completed Terran vs Argon plot in the beginning so that might impact Argon quite a bit not having enough resources to fight Xenos.
I play unmodded and I believe it was implied in this thread as, as you said it, it can be modded.

I think it is a good point to specify that though!
"Show me your wares!"

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 22:33

dougeye wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 17:31
I think they are fine as they are tbh, in my 4.1+ game currently they conquered all the Zyarth space and would have taken argon and hat sectors if not for me blockading herectics end and hat choice.

What should happen is the custom gamestarts both budgeted and unbudgeted should have options for xenon and khaak etc in terms of their difficulty.
Lucky you!

How long is your game so far?
Are you playing unmodified?

I play unmodified, current game is custom start, I only have the PHQ with an attached fully self sustained ship production.
Current play time is 31 days and 13 hours (only 3 days 16 hours in control of a ship :D )
I am now at around 10 traders and 10 miners, all L sized.

I started with ~5 L miners/traders and tried to build my reputation to +27 for all factions.
I am thinking that helped factions in the begging to establish a good foothold but that's just my theory.

I wonder if you did a lot of trading as well.
"Show me your wares!"

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 22:46

Even with mods though, before 4.20 the Xenos did absolutely nothing. I think 4.2 really did change something for the betterment of Xenos. If you want an unmodded game maybe a custom start with enabling the Terran Argon plot from the start. That's gonna change the dynamic quite a bit.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 23:06

The Xenon are great again in 4.2 :mrgreen:
The overwhelmed ZYA sectors provide me with many many hours of combat fun, with "war expeditions" that I can take again and again, I'm beyond ecstatic with this change :D

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 00:05

SirConnery wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 22:46
Even with mods though, before 4.20 the Xenos did absolutely nothing. I think 4.2 really did change something for the betterment of Xenos. If you want an unmodded game maybe a custom start with enabling the Terran Argon plot from the start. That's gonna change the dynamic quite a bit.
When you say "enabling the Terran Argon plot from the start" you mean making sure the outcome of the covert operation is Terran were caught meddling with ANT/ARG politics?
I chose this result thinking that any other outcomes would not help the Xenon. I am seeing some skirmishes between Terrans and ANT/ARG.
Other than that, I have not helped resolving any conflict in the universe so far except helping the Yaki which I think probably weaken other factions a bit because of pirate activity.
"Show me your wares!"

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 04:44

gorman2040 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 00:05
When you say "enabling the Terran Argon plot from the start" you mean making sure the outcome of the covert operation is Terran were caught meddling with ANT/ARG politics?
Yes, that is what I meant. It's gonna help the Xenon indirectly since both Argon and Terran are using resources fighting each other.

Return to “X4: Foundations”