[Question] Ministry of Finance, rep Grind, as Terran

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vahull
x4

[Question] Ministry of Finance, rep Grind, as Terran

Post by vahull » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:33

So i assume it always starts out the same -15 Rep to MIN

now they don't hold any sectors but they have a shipyard, warf, and equipment Doc so i want to raise my rep so that i can use those facilities

so far no criminals spawn, xenon and pirates don't get close enough to get a kill credit near them so how does somebody raise rep with them , they don't even doc at stations i own because of the crappy rep

** Doing an Un-Modded Playthrough **
-------------------------------------------
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Starscorcher/
Gamer and MOD Developer
Starscorcher Gaming Discord https://discord.gg/S5ZXKr43bP

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: [Question] Ministry of Finance, rep Grind, as Terran

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:42

MIN sometimes offer missions & these days can do missions even for factions which don't particularly like you, as long as you're not at shoot-on-sight status (-15 rep should be fine). I'd take every one you can get, but particularly if they offer any build missions. More MIN stations = more potential mission offers.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:10

yup, that required much more time to get +20 with them.
The situation gets more complex because of pirates.
Not sure but probably fleet full of cargo patrolling the sector should work. Though I've never seen they asked me piloting rattlesnake for cargo. They might be careful about peeking targets.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

vahull
x4

Post by vahull » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:29

yea going from -15 is hard, so far no luck with finding missions , only 1 signal leak so far on their stations and it was a civilian mission , no crims or pirates or xenon or klak to kill near them , kinda want to try and kite a xenon K in lol but doubt that would work
-------------------------------------------
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Starscorcher/
Gamer and MOD Developer
Starscorcher Gaming Discord https://discord.gg/S5ZXKr43bP

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:45

Best approach is to use a fast ship like a scout and fly between the 2 MIN stations in Eighteen Billion. After every few cycles try leaving the sector completely in case that is needed to reset the spawn on criminal mass traffic. Takes roughly 30 minutes to and hour to get them to neutral rep, possibly less with faster ships or multiple ships you can teleport between.

There is also an equipment dock in Profit Centre Alpha you can try looking for criminal mass traffic at.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:59

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:45
Best approach is to use a fast ship like a scout and fly between the 2 MIN stations in Eighteen Billion. After every few cycles try leaving the sector completely in case that is needed to reset the spawn on criminal mass traffic. Takes roughly 30 minutes to and hour to get them to neutral rep, possibly less with faster ships or multiple ships you can teleport between.

There is also an equipment dock in Profit Centre Alpha you can try looking for criminal mass traffic at.
That's true, I have same observations.
Each killed criminal is +1 to reputation, so going to zero requires 15 killed criminal drones.
And yeap when you do fast stop from travel mode quite often you will find one criminal waiting to die near the station. After that do not wait for another to appear and go to next station.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:08

vahull wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:33
they don't hold any sectors but they have a shipyard, warf, and equipment Doc
No factories? I had some 35 MIN factories in Eighteen Billion after 155* hours, although that was played with game versions 3.10 -- 3.30. Build rate is probably lower in 4.0, but MIN at least had a tendency to build stations on its own.

ALI seems to be the "poor man": only Yard and Wharf, not in same sector no sign of building any factories. (But do offer Build Missions ... rarely.)

Flying to edge of sector. Doesn't it still invoke the "encounters"?
SCA/XEN/KHA jump to you. Try to kill you. Chase you. Perhaps stay on your tail until you are close to MIN station. For a "Witness Me!" moment.

*I do realise that my "barely started after 155 ingame hours" can have different scale than the "Wharf in 7 hours" grind rate.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:48

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:08
No factories? I had some 35 MIN factories in Eighteen Billion after 155* hours, although that was played with game versions 3.10 -- 3.30. Build rate is probably lower in 4.0, but MIN at least had a tendency to build stations on its own.
This is likely a bug. If their shipyard/warf is destroyed in Eighteen Billion then after rebuilding it they are prone to ordering a whole lot of production stations in the same sector. I do not know if this has been fixed with 4.00 but it was an issue in 3.00.

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 17:21

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:48
jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 16:08
This is likely a bug. If their shipyard/warf is destroyed in Eighteen Billion then after rebuilding it they are prone to ordering a whole lot of production stations in the same sector. I do not know if this has been fixed with 4.00 but it was an issue in 3.00.
I have some MIN factories myself, not many, but some.

Also I have a ton of HAT in Company Regard or thereabouts with SCA factories :D

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:25

Also at point when you can trade with them I’ve set my trader to do autotrade in ware that shipyards need and only sell in MIN sector

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:49

A distribute wares, or sector trader, whitelist only MIN faction/stations can work rep as well, selling ship building parts to their wharf/shipyard. If they have other stations aside from ship/wharf, a whitelisted miner, to only sell to their stations can do the trick.

I have some MIN stations in all my saves, not tons, but a smattering.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 19:37

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:45

This is insane, why would i ever like/want to do something so tiring, repetitive and stressful in a playthrough?
Can't we really have a better solution?

At least like give MIN 1 sector and give them the possibility to build factories.

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:57

This game defenitely needs a dyplomacy, that was many times mentioned in different threads. Gaining reputation as it is now can be accepted only in case you are clean before faction as from game start you didn't harm them. Now from -30: kill 2 xenons M and P = -25, kill another 2 xenons = -20, kill a couple more = -15. Then kill criminals near the station, 1 shot: +1 to reputation till -5 or so... 30 minutes... Then repare satelites.

And it is absolutelly doesn't matter that before this "hard work", you claimed 5 their sectors and destoryed all stations and this all cost to them about sevreal trillions... I've repared 2 satelites in return :)

ZombyDog
x4

Post by ZombyDog » Tue, 4. May 21, 05:58

My MIN rep grind as Terran is as follows.

Hover around their stations killing criminal traffic until I'm at -9 rep and can dock.
Build a Hull Parts factory in Argon Prime.
Spoiler
Show
This is part of the Terran Covert Ops Mission line.
Alternatively, if you're building Commonwealth ship part wares from your PHQ supply what ever the stations desire.
Assign 3 Couriers to deliver Hull Parts to each of the MIN stations ( The Shipyard, Wharf and Equipment dock all want Hull parts, deploy satellites as needed ) on a repeat order ( buy from Hull Parts and sell to MIN stations, as I'm providing all the inputs I set the trader's min sell price as low as it'll go ). As long as the station have a demand for parts the Couriers will do their thing, and they'll wait until the stations start requesting parts again if the station is filled up.
Go do something for a couple of hours ( you could SETA I guess ) and you'll get that message offering promotion, and I then I swing by to accept and buy a Police Licence.

Return to “X4: Foundations”