@Egosoft Too many mining ships in the game, Preformance is bad

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BelatedHero
x4

Re: @Egosoft Too many mining ships in the game, Preformance is bad

Post by BelatedHero » Tue, 4. May 21, 03:48

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 04:05
This depends on a lot of factors but I am seems to recall another thread where someone did some extensive research and found that M miners were more efficient over all. I know observationally, the fact that M miners use gates correctly, can use superhighway and have a much faster docking/undocking and load/unload procedures seems to make them better. Also you have cost to think about as well. If I recall correctly, you can buy something like 5 M miners for the cost of a L miner which gives you greater transport capacity for the same costs. Eventually when you got more credits coming in than you can spend, there are a lot of reasons to go L but early on I would say, M are much better.
I think I know the post to which you are referring. It was excellent research at the time, but things have changed. Namely that L miners no longer have trouble at gates. The problem was the miner would stop, spend about 2 minutes lining up at the rear of the gate before flying through. Egosoft has since changed things so that L ships just have to be in very close proximity to the gate and they "poof" out of existence to traverse it. It has been an effective change to make L ships more viable.

Return to “X4: Foundations”