Will we get an info about next step/dlc in August?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Karvat
x4

Re: Will we get an info about next step/dlc in August?

Post by Karvat » Sat, 8. May 21, 22:38

"Significant expansion of the game universe"
And then we only get +18 sectors... :evil:
Please Egosoft, more, mooooreee :P

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:09

Hopefully that large influx of cash on top of selling the actual game and dlc will mean egosoft can hire some more people for improving the game while also adding content. People to make VFX for example, that I think might currently be done by 3d artists (lino)? Sound fx people too?

And obviously I am livid that its not the boron, more money could = more possibility of boron yes? And faster...

I also hope that the pirate expansion adds pirates outside of cartels. Currently we really dont have anything that to me would count as a traditional scoundrel. Organised crime and cartels yes, but malcolm reynolds, independant freebooter, random gang of murderers that managed to get some ships? Non-existant. The SCA being a faction in itself lends them to something other than what I think is a traditional pirate, egosoft attempted to fix this issue by locking their rep, but its a bit of an odd fix... What I mean is that I want egosoft to add the concept of factionless/independant npcs - some of these could be pirates, smuggers, bounty hunters etc - and some of them could be law abiding. Faction-less ships could give us quite a few extra options in the game.
Karvat wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 22:38
18 is more than enough. If playing X3FL has taught me anything its that there is such a thing as too many sectors and redundancy. Good sectors please, I dont care how many there are, just that they are interesting (Rebirth did this right, but then made the huge mistake of not allowing these sectors to develop outside of player hands...).
Last edited by Axeface on Sat, 8. May 21, 23:13, edited 3 times in total.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:11

- NPC Pirate Factions that do Boarding Ops to justify buying Marines to protect your larger vessels?
- A Slave Trade Mechanic.
- Police feature for Pirate Factions, claim a territory, order your pirate ships to police the Sector for whatever goods you want them to take, instead of police voice overs, you get the Pirate ones instead.
- create black markets on npc stations.
- Have procedurally generated Pirate Factions that can grow in size if left alone. Every Pirate Faction you stomp out? A new Pirate Faction is born.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sun, 9. May 21, 00:39

Axeface wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 23:09
Hopefully that large influx of cash on top of selling the actual game and dlc will mean egosoft can hire some more people for improving the game while also adding content. People to make VFX for example, that I think might currently be done by 3d artists (lino)? Sound fx people too?

And obviously I am livid that its not the boron, more money could = more possibility of boron yes? And faster...

I also hope that the pirate expansion adds pirates outside of cartels. Currently we really dont have anything that to me would count as a traditional scoundrel. Organised crime and cartels yes, but malcolm reynolds, independant freebooter, random gang of murderers that managed to get some ships? Non-existant. The SCA being a faction in itself lends them to something other than what I think is a traditional pirate, egosoft attempted to fix this issue by locking their rep, but its a bit of an odd fix... What I mean is that I want egosoft to add the concept of factionless/independant npcs - some of these could be pirates, smuggers, bounty hunters etc - and some of them could be law abiding. Faction-less ships could give us quite a few extra options in the game.
Karvat wrote:
18 is more than enough. If playing X3FL has taught me anything its that there is such a thing as too many sectors and redundancy. Good sectors please, I dont care how many there are, just that they are interesting (Rebirth did this right, but then made the huge mistake of not allowing these sectors to develop outside of player hands...).
Instead is not, the map is already too small, repetitive and flat.
Ideally we would have a bunch of sectors like in X3 with the same quality of XR
Asking for less really doesen't make sense.
Even +30 with SV wasn't enough in my opinion.

It literally takes less than a couple of hours to explore the full map in X4 and find all the gates extremely easily.
That's boring.
X3 had this wonderful fact that finiding new gates was harder, and i always played with this mystery of never knowing were the borders of the universe were.
That made it way more intresting honestly.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 9. May 21, 02:36

Karvat wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 00:39
Axeface wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 23:09

Karvat wrote:
Instead is not, the map is already too small, repetitive and flat.
Ideally we would have a bunch of sectors like in X3 with the same quality of XR
Asking for less really doesen't make sense.
Even +30 with SV wasn't enough in my opinion.

It literally takes less than a couple of hours to explore the full map in X4 and find all the gates extremely easily.
That's boring.
X3 had this wonderful fact that finiding new gates was harder, and i always played with this mystery of never knowing were the borders of the universe were.
That made it way more intresting honestly.

You could have 1000 New Sectors, it wont improve the game, all it'll do is put strain on middle-down PC's.
X:Rebirth didn't have quantity, which is why I personally find their systems more lore rich and interesting to explore, they compensated for the lack of systems.
If they go nuts with new systems it means sacrificing resources better spent elsewhere.
Do I want to see more Sectors? Yes, sure!
But once you've explored them? Then you just crave more Sectors and more. It's the wrong direction to go, sure that could be compensated with more unique Factions?
But I don't really think personally a bunch of fragmented pull away Commonwealth Factions is going to cut it? Sure it could bring even more randomness to the War Mechanics? But I'd rather see more new mechanics and of course.. Borons return? Then maybe they can add a new alien species?

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sun, 9. May 21, 03:00

A breakaway band of medical students have stumbled upon the Xenon core interlace.
They have inadvertently subjected their tutor to the interlace, causing a reaction.
This has now infected them all, their collage has been consumed.
The new ship was seen, heading toward the next closest station. It too soon was reformed into a ship.

Speculation is, the students are now morphing stations to their own ends.

Thats what I heard on the Space vine.

:pirat: :pisa: :paranid: :boron: :xenon: :skull:

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 9. May 21, 03:04

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 03:00
A breakaway band of medical students have stumbled upon the Xenon core interlace.
They have inadvertently subjected their tutor to the interlace, causing a reaction.
This has now infected them all, their collage has been consumed.
The new ship was seen, heading toward the next closest station. It too soon was reformed into a ship.

Speculation is, the students are now morphing stations to their own ends.

Thats what I heard on the Space vine.

:pirat: :pisa: :paranid: :boron: :xenon: :skull:
You're hinting on Xenon that have taken Human Form?

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Sun, 9. May 21, 05:40

Oh. :o Pirates,yes, that's great.maybe they will have slave market station,pirate stronghold or marauder heaven stations.
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 9. May 21, 10:57

I find it that it's not the galaxy size, but the composition that is X4 problems.

There are no real pirate alleys and only two Xenon alleys, that are useless, becasue they can be easilly bypassed.
Not much areas outside of highways loop (both SV and CoH reduced this problem).

Given me more pirate alleys and anarchy and neutral/abandoned sectors and I'll be happy, even if it's just 18+ sectors.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 9. May 21, 15:02

Meh to Boron. I say bring back OTAS. Bring back the Boreas.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Tue, 11. May 21, 00:01

I'll keep my expectations nice and low.

When Egosoft officially announce a 3rd DLC, then I'll get excited. :mrgreen:

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Tue, 11. May 21, 02:18

It’d be nice if pirates didn’t have this huge “I’M A PIRATE!!!” sign in their name. “Yo sector security, this is PAR Plunderer Phoenix captain speaking, don’t mind us, we’re just passing, totally not pirates I swear”.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Tue, 11. May 21, 08:49

sh1pman wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 02:18
It’d be nice if pirates didn’t have this huge “I’M A PIRATE!!!” sign in their name. “Yo sector security, this is PAR Plunderer Phoenix captain speaking, don’t mind us, we’re just passing, totally not pirates I swear”.
We'd definitely also need a way to tell AI-pilots to scan ships, instead of having to do it manually all the time.

cynric42
x4

Post by cynric42 » Tue, 11. May 21, 09:12

I hope, Egosoft plans to to fix the base game as well, there is so much that is barely working (or just completely broken). A few new sectors won't fix the AI, it won't improve the ui or fix any of the many issues the game has and I would really like to see the game reach a state that could be considered release ready. Please at least do some foundation work and not just window dressing.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 11. May 21, 10:46

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 16:33
As you well know, we don't pre-announce announcements, so questions like this are pretty pointless.
Love forever with the idontknowyourgender way :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Sun, 16. May 21, 14:58

I would use these funds to fix all the content already in the game. 400 thousand euros should be enough, but this will not be done and egosoft will continue to lose more customers.

They prefer to add other non-working things. :|
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 16. May 21, 15:11

End of August at gamescom is a good guess, just like with CoH. Three months left. :)

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sun, 16. May 21, 15:15

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 14:58
I would use these funds to fix all the content already in the game. 400 thousand euros should be enough, but this will not be done and egosoft will continue to lose more customers.

They prefer to add other non-working things. :|
As far as I can see big patches always come with dozens to hundreds of fixes or attempts at changing things (for the better)...so not sure where that saltmine is coming from. It's not like CoH didn't come with a huge update for the base game.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 16. May 21, 15:20

When people say X3 had an awesome map, and I just remember 90% of the time I would look for a gate in the north, south, east, and west... and I'd usually find them, that led me to another section with a gate in the North, South, East, and West... blah blah blah.... I actually like the X4 map. Could there be improvements, yes. Does it need to be the gigantic empty slow, large, useless mess that the x3 map was...? No.

NPSH

Post by NPSH » Sun, 16. May 21, 17:29

Alm888 wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 19:03
grapedog wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 16:56
I hope they change the name, lol... that's just terrible
How about "X4: Yar-Har-Har!!!"? :D
X4: Davey Jones Lockbox

Return to “X4: Foundations”