Why are pirates giving me free stuff?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Admiral Sausage

Why are pirates giving me free stuff?

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:47

I've noticed illegal wares occassionally appearing on my PHQ. I had assumed that they were somehow being picked up after pirate ships were destroyed nearby, but today I actually saw where the goods come from.

There was a TER Magpie flying towards my station. This was immediately suspicious, as TER don't use Mapgpies, so I took a closer look. It contained stimulants - obviously really a SCA ship, though I was over the other side of the galaxy and so couldn't scan it to be sure. It docked at my station, and the stimulants disappeared from its hold. There were already a few stimulants on the station, and I didn't take note of how many were there before, but it certainly appeared that it transferred them to the station, not to another ship. There is no entry in the station's transaction log, so it tranferred them for free rather than selling them.

Will another SCA ship come along and try to pick them up later?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Why are pirates giving me free stuff?

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 1. May 21, 00:12

I think this is more a case of SCA planting false evidence on you rather than giving you free stuff lol. This would explain why every few hours I get an illegal goods warning and rep loss from TER, if some pirate faction is transferring stimulants onto my stations in Jupiter.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 1. May 21, 00:18

Probably traded with a black market dealer on your station. Every station can have one. When you manage to get in touch with a dealer as a mission reward, his/her trade offers appear in a stations regular trade offer menu :)

If nothing has changed, those products should disappear after the trade.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 1. May 21, 07:16

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 00:18
Probably traded with a black market dealer on your station. Every station can have one. When you manage to get in touch with a dealer as a mission reward, his/her trade offers appear in a stations regular trade offer menu :)

Doesn't that mean I could follow these to find where to unlock black markets rather than blindly scanning?

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Sat, 1. May 21, 08:21

Tamina wrote:

They do that? Black marketeer are part of the economy sim?

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Sat, 1. May 21, 14:20

I kept an eye out, and the answer is yes, another pirate ship will come along and pick up the wares later (unless I sell them first!).
Tamina wrote:

Any station, including the PHQ? Does that mean it's actually possible to get a bar on the PHQ? I've always wanted one of those. I'll have to go do some scanning...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 1. May 21, 15:53

paraskous wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 08:21
Tamina wrote:

Of course they do... it's where an illegal factory will sell it's goods (and I know some people that have only those)...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 1. May 21, 15:54

Admiral Sausage wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 14:20
I kept an eye out, and the answer is yes, another pirate ship will come along and pick up the wares later (unless I sell them first!).
Tamina wrote:

Any station, including the PHQ? Does that mean it's actually possible to get a bar on the PHQ? I've always wanted one of those. I'll have to go do some scanning...
So far I have gotten "Take me out of here" and assassination missions on my PHQ...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 1. May 21, 15:59

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 15:53
paraskous wrote:
Tamina wrote:

Of course they do... it's where an illegal factory will sell it's goods (and I know some people that have only those)...
Yes this is how you sell illegal goods. I have a drugs factory and to sell I go around trying to get black marketeers on as many nearby stations as possible, then the station can trade the goods.

As for getting black marketeers on your own stations, I actually dont think this is possible, ive tried a lot. It would lead to weirdness too right? Eg, If I were to make a black marketeer on my station that produces drugs would it sell to itself?

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Sat, 1. May 21, 16:57

Axeface wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 15:59
dtpsprt wrote:
paraskous wrote:

Yes this is how you sell illegal goods. I have a drugs factory and to sell I go around trying to get black marketeers on as many nearby stations as possible, then the station can trade the goods.

As for getting black marketeers on your own stations, I actually dont think this is possible, ive tried a lot. It would lead to weirdness too right? Eg, If I were to make a black marketeer on my station that produces drugs would it sell to itself?
Don't get high on your own supply.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 3. May 21, 07:46

dtpsprt wrote:
paraskous wrote:
Tamina wrote:

The limited analysis if transaction logs showed only Teladi Trading stations collecting my wares.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 4. May 21, 16:15

paraskous wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 07:46
dtpsprt wrote:
paraskous wrote:

The limited analysis if transaction logs showed only Teladi Trading stations collecting my wares.
You have to set up black marketeers manually, its actually a pretty cool mechanic because it feels like setting up a network, and you can pick where you want them to be.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Wed, 5. May 21, 10:08

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 16:15
paraskous wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 07:46
dtpsprt wrote:

You have to set up black marketeers manually, its actually a pretty cool mechanic because it feels like setting up a network, and you can pick where you want them to be.
How do I do that. Only ever found tem by chance

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 5. May 21, 12:39

paraskous wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 10:08
I haven't done that myself but it is not possible to assign any of your personnel as Black Marketeers. You have to scan the stations in the range of your Illegal Goods Factory to find the ones that are there...
A lot of work but it's how you'll have such a Factory running...

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Wed, 5. May 21, 14:28

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 12:39
paraskous wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 10:08
I haven't done that myself but it is not possible to assign any of your personnel as Black Marketeers. You have to scan the stations in the range of your Illegal Goods Factory to find the ones that are there...
A lot of work but it's how you'll have such a Factory running...
I find black marketeers by scanning signal anomalies at stations. Never heard to have own.

Return to “X4: Foundations”