Ironman Gameplay ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Karmaticdamage
x4

Re: Ironman Gameplay ?

Post by Karmaticdamage » Thu, 6. May 21, 15:15

Without collision deaths like in X3, dead is dead just wouldn't be very challenging in X4. I'd wager a good 9/10 people ended their suicidal squid play throughs by getting rammed to death by something while trying to pass through a gate.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 6. May 21, 18:12

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 15:15
Without collision deaths like in X3, dead is dead just wouldn't be very challenging in X4. I'd wager a good 9/10 people ended their suicidal squid play throughs by getting rammed to death by something while trying to pass through a gate.
Tbf that's just laziness by ignoring proper gate etiquette.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 6. May 21, 19:09

With the absolute abysmal ways you die in X4 i can see that being a bad idea. :lol:

Have like a 2000 hour save and randomly die through no fault of your own lol.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:38

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 18:12
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Plays X3, uses jumpdrive to enter system, immediately pancaked by another ship coming through the gate behind you, is lazy.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:42

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 13:38
Plays X3, uses jumpdrive to enter system
Those jumpdrives had two options:
  1. Tell auto-pilot to jump. It waits for its turn and other traffic knows that you are coming. Your ship does not move while you wait.
  2. Manual charge. No wait. Nobody knows. But, you can still move while the drive warms up and Betty counts.
Sitting duck under fire or tail of Mammoth after the jump. Choose your poison.

Then again, the squid-fu in you is weak, if you have to make such choice. :boron:

I've been "inside" Mammoth in X4. TravelDrive through Gate and ...
Luckily, I did not have to shoot the ship to get out. I have shot myself out from Asteroid.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:48

You can play your Ironman Mode NOW:

Just start that game, and if you die, just backup your savegames folder, and say
R.I.P. That was me.
You dont get a special coffee for that, but you can arrange that yourself I think.
Given, you really did not reload the savegame (I think the Egosoft statistics menu in your pilot tab count that im sure they do)
you can post it somewhere officially confirmed.
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:33

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 14:42
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Plays X3, uses jumpdrive to enter system
Those jumpdrives had two options:
  1. Tell auto-pilot to jump. It waits for its turn and other traffic knows that you are coming. Your ship does not move while you wait.
  2. Manual charge. No wait. Nobody knows. But, you can still move while the drive warms up and Betty counts.
Sitting duck under fire or tail of Mammoth after the jump. Choose your poison.

Then again, the squid-fu in you is weak, if you have to make such choice. :boron:

I've been "inside" Mammoth in X4. TravelDrive through Gate and ...
Luckily, I did not have to shoot the ship to get out. I have shot myself out from Asteroid.
Everyone's squid fu is weak. I was being modest when I said a "good 9/10' died this way. The real number is probably closer to 99.9%. You can deny it if you want, but I know at least one of your runs ended in you getting pancaked. Collision deaths is the only thing that made dead is dead even remotely difficult in X3. Since those don't exist in X4, it wouldn't be the same challenge.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:50

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 18:12
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Plays X3, uses jumpdrive to enter system, immediately pancaked by another ship coming through the gate behind you, is lazy.
Yes actually.
If you use ship commands instead of shift-J it puts your order into the traffic system and only jumps when clear.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 7. May 21, 17:45

Dead is dead in X3 isn't hard without collision deaths. X4 doesn't have collision deaths. Therefore dead is dead will not work for X4 the way it did for X3. Make a mod that brings back collision deaths first, then make a mod that kills you permanently if you die. Only then will you have back the true X dead is dead mode. Collisions was the only way I could die in X3, pretty much the only way I ever died. I could beat X3 dnd mode with a blind fold on if it weren't for collision deaths.

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 18:10

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 17:45
Dead is dead in X3 isn't hard without collision deaths. X4 doesn't have collision deaths. Therefore dead is dead will not work for X4 the way it did for X3. Make a mod that brings back collision deaths first, then make a mod that kills you permanently if you die. Only then will you have back the true X dead is dead mode. Collisions was the only way I could die in X3, pretty much the only way I ever died. I could beat X3 dnd mode with a blind fold on if it weren't for collision deaths.
More common in X3:TC is CTD's. They happen every 2-3 hours and that's 100% vanilla.
collision deaths you have to expect when going through a minefield, I mean asteroid field. best way is to get a bigger ship.

unless you're cheesing in ironman, it's gonna be an uphill battle, so using a map that shows where the free loot is helps. can i upload one? sure. green is a ship, blue is a free ware. love roguey's site, but not it's light mode.

when i can get smooth gameplay in X4 I can start working on Ironman, but I'm not gonna lose hundreds of hours due to input lag. To me that's the bigger bottleneck for X4 adding ironman.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 18:12

Please don't dig up 3 year old threads.

Return to “X4: Foundations”