Galvimetric Studies Mission seems pretty buggy

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Galvimetric Studies Mission seems pretty buggy

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. May 21, 09:04

I've had nothing but trouble with this mission since I began it.

You get told to dock, but nothing happens, and after you undock, the coms works. Got through the first 2 missions without needing help, but....

I'm now stuck on delivering the blueprints the Boron hacked. Again with the dock instruction, but nothing happens again, and if you com, the boss just gets upset and hangs up.

Only started this to shut the Boron up, and something to do while I build my mega-HQ. I looked at Teraforming, decided my current game HQ was too badly messed up to be any use, and started a new game by designing a closed loop HQ shipyard which I think might do the Teraforming job. Since it's going to take game days to build, I need some amusements. But broken plots wasn't what I had in mind.

I'm obviously missing something very simple. Any ideas what it is?

IRONOX
x4

Re: Galvimetric Studies Mission seems pretty buggy

Post by IRONOX » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:12

Are you at the point where you have to get the maleware to the HQ or in the part after Boso had a look at it??

If later you need to deliver the data in person to the scientist
Alle Angaben mit Gewähr auf eventuelle Fehlerhaftigkeit!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:27

IRONOX wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 11:12
Are you at the point where you have to get the maleware to the HQ or in the part after Boso had a look at it??

Now I'm confused. I'm told to scan the HQ, find a scan point, scan it, Boron starts talking, then downloading happens and Boron says take it back. Guidance is pointing to the Obern.

I did try talking to the Boron, but there was no mission talk option.

If you mean deliver it to someone on the Obern, there is no way onto the ship.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:30

apricotslice wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 11:27
IRONOX wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 11:12

Now I'm confused. I'm told to scan the HQ, find a scan point, scan it, Boron starts talking, then downloading happens and Boron says take it back. Guidance is pointing to the Obern.

Can you not dock on the Oberth? It only accepts S class ships.
Or try spacewalking I guess. Not sure if that works.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:32

apricotslice wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 11:27

Yeah you need to dock on the oberon and hand it over in person on the bridge. Either dock with a S ship or try docking via spacesuit.

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:32

Sorry if i was a bit unclear.

After the Boron downloads the data to your ship, you need to deliver said data to the captain/scientist on the Oberon.
Dock at the Oberon and talk to him. There should be an option to give him the data

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:43

I'm using an S ship.

Dock ok. But how do you easily com while docked? I try docking after going through the map, but all I get is an aggro person and being hung up on.

It is impossible to leave the ship and go to the bridge. There simply is no option for leaving the s class ship.

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:48

apricotslice wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 11:43
I'm using an S ship.

Dock ok. But how do you easily com while docked? I try docking after going through the map, but all I get is an aggro person and being hung up on.

It is impossible to leave the ship and go to the bridge. There simply is no option for leaving the s class ship.
There should be an option to "Get up" in the menu when docked. You also could press Shift+E to stand up. Than just walk out of your ship to the elevator and ride it to the bridge.
And yes in some ships it can be a bit tricky to get out of....

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. May 21, 11:54

IRONOX wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 11:48
apricotslice wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 11:43
I'm using an S ship.

There should be an option to "Get up" in the menu when docked. You also could press Shift+E to stand up. Than just walk out of your ship to the elevator and ride it to the bridge.
And yes in some ships it can be a bit tricky to get out of....
Odd. Must be a strange ship as I couldn't find any way of getting out. I'll have another look.

I'm not used to small ships. I rarely fly anything less than a corvette, and normally a destroyer. That's when I fly, which isn't often these days either.

ETA: Ok, found it. I'm so used to getting up and going to the rear, that a door next to the seat you can fall out of was totally beyond me. :oops:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. May 21, 13:47

Now I'm stuck on the next mission.

How are you supposed to get on the fighter sized ship, in your space suit, when it denies docking at any distance and won't stay still?

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Tue, 4. May 21, 14:01

You have to repair it first. When done it should automaticly ask for docking and you can enter the ship

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. May 21, 14:06

IRONOX wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 14:01
You have to repair it first. When done it should automaticly ask for docking and you can enter the ship
Ok done that.

What's with when you sit in the chair, it goes to -1000 speed and then blows up?

Serious WTF!

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 4. May 21, 14:27

apricotslice wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 14:06
IRONOX wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 14:01
Ok done that.

What's with when you sit in the chair, it goes to -1000 speed and then blows up?

Serious WTF!
Okay, that shouldnt happen that it goes to -1000 speed. And it shouldnt blow up unless you move it into the danger zone in the void or do something else that would make any ship explode.
For the most parts it should behave like a normal ship exept that you cant give it a pilot and that it has a fake ID until you finished the plot.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 4. May 21, 14:50

chip56 wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 14:27
apricotslice wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 14:06

Serious WTF!
Okay, that shouldnt happen that it goes to -1000 speed. And it shouldnt blow up unless you move it into the danger zone in the void or do something else that would make any ship explode.
For the most parts it should behave like a normal ship exept that you cant give it a pilot and that it has a fake ID until you finished the plot.
Take 2 I waited for the com guy to stop rabbiting on before claiming the chair.

First time I claimed it while he was talking and I suspect that has a bug in it.

Also found it it won't take a pilot.

Fortunately, I fly a destroyer, so I docked it for safety until I get to the next destination. :mrgreen:

Return to “X4: Foundations”