Requirements for trading station icon?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Admiral Sausage

Requirements for trading station icon?

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:30

I know how to build stations so they have wharf, shipyard, equipment dock, or defence platform icons, but what triggers the trading station icon? If I build a station with just storage and configure it to have some trade wares, it will automatically be named "trading station" but the icon remains the standard small factory icon. If I add an admin module it gets the defence platform icon but retains the "trading station" name. Is there something else I need to do, or is the icon simply not available to the player?

p.s. the typeface used for the icon is terrible. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say "CR" for "credits", but it looks like "CA".

Midnitewolf

Re: Requirements for trading station icon?

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 8. May 21, 21:17

As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to get a trade station icon if your the player. I mean the game will give the station the title of "Trade Station" but the icon doesn't change so the game IS recognizing that it is a trade station.

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Wed, 19. May 21, 13:28

Ideally, the player would be given control over what icon is used. Then we could choose what we want, including special icons like the pirate station.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sun, 23. May 21, 03:35

+1 for the actual icon, this works for shipyards and wharves, doesn't it?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 23. May 21, 05:59

strask412 wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 03:35
+1 for the actual icon, this works for shipyards and wharves, doesn't it?
and maintenance bays, which are equipment docks, and get the wrench.

Return to “X4: Foundations”